NHL 2012-2013 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems to me they are making this more complicated than it needs to be.

How are you Avs fans liking Semyon Varlamov? He's one guy I honestly think we gave up on him too early here. Everytime I've seen him play for the Avs I've thought he looked pretty good but that's a limited sample size. From a 3rd party point of view I think he gets hung out to dry by his defensemen and if you guys got some d in there and get healthy you will have something special with the grear core of young forwards you have. In hindsight I'm very happy he accepted the trade, bc it actually saved his life due to the fact he was heavily rumored to be heading to Lokomotiv of the KHL and would've been killed in that tragic plane crash.

On another note, I just read that Cam Ward will be out the next 6-8 weeks with a MCL sprain, as if the southeast wasn't tight enough already I think things just got a little more interesting. I know statistically he's having the worst year of his career but he's still a great goalie. Carolina has some pretty good young goalie prospects so it will be interesting to see how well they fill in.

I'm pretty happy with Varly. He's got the game, no doubt. D is a huge issue and Eric Johnson was definitely NOT the answer, IMO. Bummer for Ward, I already looked to see if I could pick Ellis up in my FL and he's already on one of our expansion teams. :angry:

As an Avs fan I hope both Sacco and The Sherminater are both gone soon. We are stuck in a rut and going nowhere.

Couldn't agree with you more. I loved the way they came out playing in Sacco's first year. Tons of speed and really aggressive forechecking. They seem to go through this cycle with every coach, playing well in the first year or two, then the message gets stale and they don't live up to potential. Was the same with Quenville, Granato, etc. They even slacked off eventually under Hartley, but that's going back farther than most of the current players. Sherman is the guy I really blame. I will never forgive that guy for the worst trade ever (i.e. Stewart/Shattenkirk for Johnson and throw-in). I need to see if there's a "Fire Greg Sherman" page on facebook yet and start one of there isn't.

I think it was a stupid trade. We gave up way to much for him when there was cheaper and better goalies available. I hope he grows into what we gave up for him because I think he does have potential.

The other option would have been re-signing Anderson, which was what I was originally hoping they would have done.

Hey Dan, if the Jackets get the first pick, I know a place you can stay in NJ and go to the draft...........

Hey Dan, if the Jackets get the first pick, I know a place you can stay in NJ and go to the draft...........

He doesn't want to hang out with your friends upstairs dude

TapaTalk from the iPhone

You can give a personal Chutting lesson. Dan you should go the draft.

Shut your pie hole!!!!! I stole your tail lights.

Whatever I got new ones. Are you asking Dan to come to your house so you can actually play golf with a THPer since he will be so close :alien:

TapaTalk from the iPhone

The other option would have been re-signing Anderson, which was what I was originally hoping they would have done.

That should have been a no brainer. We need so brains upstairs in the organization.

Whatever I got new ones. Are you asking Dan to come to your house so you can actually play golf with a THPer since he will be so close :alien:

TapaTalk from the iPhone

We are no longer friends.... And dont be jealous. You can come too.

You live waaaay too far away

TapaTalk from the iPhone

5 GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????
horse crap!

Kaleta might not be everyone's favorite player, but he barely touches Richards in a poor rink location here.
i'm sorry, but the more i watch this, the more it looks like a dive.
Kaleta barely extends his arms here.

Think he is lucky to only get 5. Repeat offender when it comes to suspensions. It's not how hard he pushes, it's the area Richards is in and it's from behind.

Think he is lucky to only get 5. Repeat offender when it comes to suspensions. It's not how hard he pushes, it's the area Richards is in and it's from behind.

yeah, bad area. i said that.
just a wild fan, stirring the pot. :D
we'll survive without him for 5 games, right Dev? (new Sabres fan, loves Kaleta)

Hahahah Hedberg is so terrible. Kadri passes from the corner, Hedberg tries to poke it, hits heal of stick, goes five hole, goal. Haha

Hahahah Hedberg is so terrible. Kadri passes from the corner, Hedberg tries to poke it, hits heal of stick, goes five hole, goal. Haha

Ill take it.

5 GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????
horse crap!

Kaleta might not be everyone's favorite player, but he barely touches Richards in a poor rink location here.
i'm sorry, but the more i watch this, the more it looks like a dive.
Kaleta barely extends his arms here.

It's still dangerous though dude... McKenzie said it best talking about being a repeat offender.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back