Lamkin Gripes - Review Thread

They are the rough kind. I used to have them. I forget the name. They are two colors(his are black and white)

Oh New Decade Multi Compound? I am doing my driver tonight, and did my buddies yesterday who had them and had zero issues. Took a bit more force, but Gripe held up fine

Oh New Decade Multi Compound? I am doing my driver tonight, and did my buddies yesterday who had them and had zero issues. Took a bit more force, but Gripe held up fine

That's the one thanks. I was curious to see if the grip being alittle more tougher night tear the wipes or any issues. But great to hear there were no problems

Wow. Hit the range with my freshly gripe'd grips yesterday, man do they feel nice.

Played with my clubs for the first time since I cleaned them today. Gotta say, the grips really do feel better. I felt a new one (NDMC) in the shop and there wasn't much difference. Gripes rule.

I cleaned a friend's grips today too. You should have seen his face when I asked "Mind if I clean your grips for you?" He uses Lamkin Crossline. Lots o dirt came off of those suckers. He said he thought the wipes were pretty cool that they got the grips that clean. I'm interested to see if he'll buy a pack.

IMG_0766_zps70b8f76f.jpg

Well here it is! I received my grip wipes earlier today and put them right to work. The Lamkin cleaning wipes are to be used on rubber and synthetic rubber grips(as per instructions) As you can in the package you receive 15 wipes and should use one wipe for every five gripes. I personally felt as if the wipe could use one more so I wiped down six clubs just to try the first time. These are the gripes I'll be testing along with another kind as well just to see how the wipes react...

IMG_0768_zpsb5180e3f.jpg

IMG_0769_zps47415492.jpg

I can tell you that I've never been one that believes in cleaning grips. I believe that the best grips that you can get are brand new ones so to be honest I never thought of wiping/cleaning your grips. But after seeing the results its clear that this is something that shouldn't be taken likely. Although I believe that you are simply wiping off grip material(hence why the wipe is black) I can tell you that the feeling is like night and day. Mr current grips have been on the clubs for more than a year and they don't feel "brand new" but they certainly have a new life in them...Side A and Side B...

IMG_0770_zps0e77eaff.jpg

IMG_0771_zpscbabc3be.jpg

So far I haven't felt the end result of how they will feel tomorrow but by glancing at the grips and feeling them they feel great. This is a great way to cut down on spending for grips every season and will likely make me want to start cleaning my grips or atleast take better care of my grips and prolonging their life. More results come tomorrow!

Great review! Can't wait to hear more after the next time you hit.

I think I noticed it a little, but it was like a clean smell, nothing that i thought would knock me out. One thing I noticed that I forgot to mention in my first post was they dried my hands out a fair amount. Like enough that I had to put some lotion on them afterwards... Anyone else run into this?

I did not notice it at all. I have fairly oily skin anyway so that may be it.

Same here. Didn't notice any dryness in the hands at all.

THPing on Tapatalk

Yeah, I didn't notice any dryness or anything like that, either.

Didn't get a chance to go to dicks but I'm hoping my pro shop has these on sale, I'm in desperate need of these haha

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Didn't get a chance to go to dicks but I'm hoping my pro shop has these on sale, I'm in desperate need of these haha

Did you get a chance to try cleaning your grips yet?? and yes i'm thread stalking you :bulgy-eyes:

Did you get a chance to try cleaning your grips yet?? and yes i'm thread stalking you :bulgy-eyes:

Hahah yeah I did clean them, but this seems way easier

I have to pick up a few packs of these when i'm over in July

DON'T USE BLEACH you will absolutely ruin your grips. They do not mix well. Also these are products specified for other uses, not cleaning grips. You don't want to use a moisturizer to make your grip clean and retain its tack. That's counter-intuitive. If you are a golfer there is no reason to clean your grips any other way

Where to purchase the grips

Where to purchase the grips

you can find these grips online. Are you all really having an issue finding these? Did you google GRIPES wipes? I found them offered online from multiple sources. I'm guessing since this is a relatively new product the big-box retailers will be slower to have them in stock.

If anyone has a Twitter search for Lamkin Grips on there. I follow them and they are really good at communicating to followers and interacting with them. It would be the most direct source to ask some of those questions, like purchasing and what not. Also they release product info and new products plus supposedly are doing some giveaways in the coming weeks.
@LamkinGrips is there Twitter name.
Now onto where to buy. I found some links I will post them to this and you can just click and buy.

http://www.hirekogolf.com/lamkin-gripes-15-pack.html

http://www.golfgalaxy.com/lamkin-gripes-grip-wipes/fa12lmkgripwpes/product

http://www.monarkgolf.com/lamkin-gripes-grip-cleaning-wipes.html

http://www.golfdiscount.com/lamkin-gripes-grip-cleaning-wipes

http://www.amazon.com/Lamkin-Gripes...ie=UTF8&qid=1362605096&sr=8-1&keywords=GRIPES

awesome write ups fellas.

These seem to work amazingly well.

Almost bought them today, but...I was in desperate need of a new wedge grip so I wasted $3 for the installation fee, can't wait till I can do my own grip changing!

I bought some of these last week based on some good things I had read on the forum.

Upon opening the package, I took a sniff of the smell and it is definitely not something you enjoy smelling, very much a "strong cleaner" odor to it. I only have 4 clubs in my bag that have grips more than a few months old so I pulled those out to test on. These grips have been used quite a bit over the last 9 months or so and never cleaned.

Before cleaning:

DSC_1055_zpsfcf4ba64.jpg

With fresh wipe:

DSC_1056_zps69a825bc.jpg

Post cleaning side one:

DSC_1057_zpsde2d435e.jpg

Post cleaning side two:

DSC_1058_zpsa751ef74.jpg

After cleaning:

DSC_1059_zpsc2f734c3.jpg

Thoughts:

I found the wipe very easy to use and durable. Never got close to seeing a tear develop on the wipe. As you can tell from the photos, the wipe definitely picked up some dirt/oil from the grip.

I have never had any grippage issues, but I can feel just a little bit more tact to them - nothing like night/day but a small improvement.

My next set of grips will have some color to them so I think I would be more apt to clean them more often if I saw some buildup on them. I do believe the package is worth the $6 for cleaning on the fly and quite convenient to keep in the bag and use anytime. Much easier than finding a scrubby, bringing them into the house, etc.

Love hearing about these. I just cleaned my grips today with soap and water and it was a long process. I need to pick some of these up

I really think these will be great pre round. I can certainly see myself using these pre-round on the range before a tournament just to be sure i have plenty of grip and tackiness to my grips.

I haven't found the odor to be too offensive, it smells similar to a can of glass cleaner I have. I did notice a little bit of a slippery film on my wedge the other morning when I laid it down in the wet grass, i'm not exactly sure if it was from the Gripes or the fact that it was a factory nike grip which is a little smoother than my Lamkins. Anyone else notice anything like that?

you can find these grips online. Are you all really having an issue finding these? Did you google GRIPES wipes? I found them offered online from multiple sources. I'm guessing since this is a relatively new product the big-box retailers will be slower to have them in stock.

If anyone has a Twitter search for Lamkin Grips on there. I follow them and they are really good at communicating to followers and interacting with them. It would be the most direct source to ask some of those questions, like purchasing and what not. Also they release product info and new products plus supposedly are doing some giveaways in the coming weeks.
@LamkinGrips is there Twitter name.
Now onto where to buy. I found some links I will post them to this and you can just click and buy.

http://www.hirekogolf.com/lamkin-gripes-15-pack.html

http://www.golfgalaxy.com/lamkin-gripes-grip-wipes/fa12lmkgripwpes/product

http://www.monarkgolf.com/lamkin-gripes-grip-cleaning-wipes.html

http://www.golfdiscount.com/lamkin-gripes-grip-cleaning-wipes

http://www.amazon.com/Lamkin-Gripes...ie=UTF8&qid=1362605096&sr=8-1&keywords=GRIPES

Thanks for the info. As of last week GolfGalaxy didn't have them online. I hadn't looked elsewhere online. My local pro shop - a top 100 shop type place - didn't have them and acted like they'd never heard of them. A separate smaller shop didn't have them. The local GolfSmith didn't have them either. Lamkin's site listed all four as authorized vendor's in my zip code, so it was a bit frustrating.

I haven't found the odor to be too offensive, it smells similar to a can of glass cleaner I have. I did notice a little bit of a slippery film on my wedge the other morning when I laid it down in the wet grass, i'm not exactly sure if it was from the Gripes or the fact that it was a factory nike grip which is a little smoother than my Lamkins. Anyone else notice anything like that?

I didn't notice any flim on anything, but its something that I will pay attention too once I am able to get to the course and have some outdoor elements to deal with.

Another update on this. I forgot to take before pictures so the after pics are a bit useless. I cleaned the faces and soles of my irons today. The Gripes worked very well for this. As expected, a wipe doesn't get in the grooves very well, so the dirt will still need to be scraped out in some way there. It gives a nice shine to the face and sole just as any cleaning would, but the Gripe is way more convenient than needing fo find a water source, soap, and a rag to clean. You can give a shiny clean to a club right on the course, in a matter of seconds.

It will do no damage to chrome. I'm gonna do a rusted wedge next and see if the solution does anything to that. If I can find an old wedge I haven't touched yet, I'll take the chrome off as well and see what it does to the raw finish.

As usual, the grips are looking awesome and the Gripes are awesome.

THPing on Tapatalk

Back