Tossing Balls Away.

If I blow up on the 18th and there is a lake to throw it in, you can bet that ball is going in there. Besides you have to feed the ball monsters who live in the lakes or they will go hungry.

No, I never have. Unlike tour pros I have to purchase all my golf equipment, so throwing stuff away over a bad situation does not work for me. I am a charter member of "Every Golf Ball Needs A Home" and last I heard Poseidon had not taken golf up as yet.

Exactly what I was thinking. I'm a total ball *****.

The poor ball just goes where the clubhead directs it. Now who's in charge of how that clubhead strikes that ball? I'd be more concerned about my swing, put that ball back in the bag, and go to the range. Who knows.....that ball may become your friend again.

The poor ball just goes where the clubhead directs it. Now who's in charge of how that clubhead strikes that ball? I'd be more concerned about my swing, put that ball back in the bag, and go to the range. Who knows.....that ball may become your friend again.

Oh you and your Zenisms. I like my anger (misdirected as it may be), it lets me know I'm alive.:D

I never toss balls! The only difference between me and a Pro is I have to pay for my golf balls. Yes I know what you are thinking. My golf swing is very much like a pros, just not as good.

Oh you and your Zenisms. I like my anger (misdirected as it may be), it lets me know I'm alive.:D

Exactly!

And not only that, it has allowed me to amass quite a variety of phrases beginning with "Mother..."

Zen can't do that!

-JP

I have done it a few times in the past, but I don't do it that often. Every time I can remember it was a bad hole or just wanting to let out some frustration from a bad day. I do know that in each instance, I was certain that there was something wrong with the ball that made it act like it did so I wouldn't have used it anymore anyway. It couldn't have been anything I did, it had to be the ball's fault. Better to donate to the lake or woods than risk pulling it out again and having the same problems all over.

I have done it a few times in the past, but I don't do it that often. Every time I can remember it was a bad hole or just wanting to let out some frustration from a bad day. I do know that in each instance, I was certain that there was something wrong with the ball that made it act like it did so I wouldn't have used it anymore anyway. It couldn't have been anything I did, it had to be the ball's fault. Better to donate to the lake or woods than risk pulling it out again and having the same problems all over.

Donate.

I like that. It has such a civilized tone to it.

It almost seems thoughtful; "Unto these murky depths I commend this golf ball...

...this miserable, worthless, disloyal, contemptible piece of..."

But I digress.

Donation is wonderful concept! :thumb:

-JP

Couldn't you ball-tossers wait til the economy gets better? Oh...lemme guess why you don't......it demonstrates a higher degree of anger knowing you're tossing away 4 dollar balls during tough times.

(I'm starting to understand the mindset here)

Couldn't you ball-tossers wait til the economy gets better? Oh...lemme guess why you don't......it demonstrates a higher degree of anger knowing you're tossing away 4 dollar balls during tough times.

I am so tight I keep the crap balls I find buried in the woods just in case I might need a mud soaked, discolored ball sometime. I rarely donate balls to the lake or woods on purpose, but if I do, I feel that I got my $4 worth out of the ball. After you hit a ball several times, it is no longer a $4 ball, it is about a $1 ball. It is just another used ball with a cart path mark or a few scuffs from the wedges.

I DON'T BUY $4 GOLF BALLS right now I'm playing Nike SFT's that I picked up at Dicks, 4 doz. for $45. At less than $1.00 per ball it really doesn't hurt my pocket too much to "donate" one to the water. It's not like my kids are going without dinner so I can throw golf balls in anger.

Well if it makes you feel any better I am playing Wilson Zips right now that I got for free:D Plus as I said before I only "toss" them occasionally(1 or 2 a year maybe).

What I have a hard time comprehending are all the ProV1's I find, it's like the guys who buy them don't even bother looking for them if they aren't in the fairway.

I did something opposite this weekend. I took my shoes and socks off and went wading to get a ball I hit into the drink. I did it right in front of a course worker/ranger or whatever they are called who pointed out where it went in. It was just a few feet from the edge though and I don't have a ball retriever.

$4 balls? I play $4 a box balls. Picked up a bunch of D2 Feels last spring at Target for $3 something a box. It's something 25 cents per ball.

And yes I toss offending balls deep into the woods or the water. If a ball doesn't want to behave then it's outta here.

I have on occasion tossed a ball or 2. Honestly, if I was worried about the cost of the ball I wouldn't hit it in the 1st place. Lately there is no telling where it's going to end up.

I don't blame the ball - I blame the tee and I'll toss it.

You're just frugal...and I am being kind with that word....:D

No lake tossing for me,I would like to toss my playing partner's balls in sometimes or better then that maybe him.:act-up:

The only way I get rid of a ball is if it is cut or scuffed beyond recognition. I love it when I can play the same ball over 18 holes only changing out for putts. That doesn't happen often enough with the narrow fairways on my home courses front side. Not to mention how a few holes have magnetic water around the greens that begs for my shiny new ball.

Last edited:
The only way I get rid of a ball is if it is cut or scuffed beyond recognition. I love it when I can play the same ball over 18 holes only changing out for putts. That doesn't happen often enough with the narrow fairways on my home courses front side. Not to mention how a few holes have magnetic water around the greens that begs for my shiny new ball.

You change your ball out when you putt??

Back