psufan1993

junior
Reaction score
Handicap
I'm looking for a lightweight golf bag for the upcoming fall season. Do any of you guys have a sunday bag? I would like to know if you can fit 14 clubs in there.

I'm looking at thisone.

Thanks

Hey Jeffann, I think this would work perfectly for Smalls. Haha It's small enough he could fit it between the cart bags on the back of the cart and then just throw his wedges and putter in it when he needs to chip on.:rofl:

t_22249.jpg

Now THAT is funny MO!

For the uninformed, I take more clubs than I need when the ball is on the other side of the green! Never know what kind of shot you need to make, and I don't want to go back to the cart. And just because you aren't in the sand right now, doesn't mean you won't be after this shot! hehehe MO's buddy's stepson thought it was funny that I'd grab three or four clubs and then go trekking after my ball!

I do wish I had gone back to the cart that time at Shirkey that I ended up airmailing the green with a sand shot and ended up behind a tree!

Now THAT is funny MO!

For the uninformed, I take more clubs than I need when the ball is on the other side of the green! Never know what kind of shot you need to make, and I don't want to go back to the cart. And just because you aren't in the sand right now, doesn't mean you won't be after this shot! hehehe MO's buddy's stepson thought it was funny that I'd grab three or four clubs and then go trekking after my ball!

I do wish I had gone back to the cart that time at Shirkey that I ended up airmailing the green with a sand shot and ended up behind a tree!

I started unstrapping the bag and carrying the whole thing over to the ball a while back, depending on where it is and what the situation is this can work real well, putting it back on only takes a second.

Except that I take a cart because I don't want to carry a bag! LOL
Plus, it's a cart bag, not a stand bag.

Now THAT is funny MO!

I can see taking your putter and maybe 2 other clubs, but 3 or 4? Smallie - what are you doing out there?

I'm usually hacking it up pretty good Diane! hehe

The putter is one of the clubs though.

(At least I'm not holding up play having to walk back to the cart to get a different club!)

I'm looking for a lightweight golf bag for the upcoming fall season. Do any of you guys have a sunday bag? I would like to know if you can fit 14 clubs in there.

I'm looking at thisone.

Thanks

That would be a nice bag for a couple of the par 3 courses.

I'm usually hacking it up pretty good Diane! hehe

Me too, but I find I can usually adjust the way I hit one of the wedges in my hand rather than bringing everything with me.

I bought a Callaway "Mini-Looper" bag a few months ago for $30 at Golf Galaxy. It has a single, wide carry strap, but has enough pockets and room for all 14 clubs. It is lightweight and sturdy. I think it is the best compromise I have seen between one of those floppy Sunday bags and the full-sized carry/stand bags.

Most folks I see toting around a Sunday bag, aren't carrying 14 clubs, they're carrying 8 or 10 maybe.

I really dig this one from Mulholland Brothers:
MUL%20CG%20E1000_S_01.jpg

I've got the original "Moon-Lite." It holds 14, but just barely. The grips definitely catch on each other, and its tight. I usually carry 7-10 and take it when I travel (my fiancee and I pack into one golf travel bag due to baggage fees) and on par 3 or executive courses.

EDIT: I like it. The handle that sticks up is helpful, I don't lean over and over again. Then some guy told me that it looked "excited" and I haven't stopped laughing at it since.

I have the Titleist one. It's good, has plenty of room, has a double strap which is nice and holds 14 clubs relatively easily.

Sun mountain do a good one too - Sun Mountain Sports - Supplier of premier golf bags, outerwear, push and remote control golf carts, including speedcarts

The Titleist branded 3.5 pound carry bag is made by Sun Mountain I believe. Same pockets in the same locations, the same shape, same zippers, same strap, everything looks the same. A local golf shop owner had both of them there to compare side by side, the only difference was the selling price that I could see. Sun Mountain makes a good bag. I have tried several other lightweight carry bags and none of them lasted very long or had enough room for all 14 of my oversized grips. The Sun Mountain has held up well and I am not constantly re-arranging clubs to get them to fit down into the bag.

The Taylor Made Monaco Super Light Cart Bag is only 6.8 pounds...

^^^ It's a cart bag, has no legs...

Back