Not Playing By The Rules

Sometimes I play with a mulligan on the front and back sometimes I don't guess I'm breaking the rules.

You're only breaking the rules if you take a mulligan and enter your score for handicap.

Oh..OK..I can live with that
I know Mo Hacker didn't need any so I wondered where they went.

Actually a mulligan would have come in handy on the first tee, remember I carded a 10 on the par 5 opening hole.:banghead:

Casual or serious. As long as it is understood before the round I have no problems. Of course if you want my money rules are required. :bulgy-eyes:

I feel sorry for poor Mr. or Ms. Mulligan--what a way to go down in history!

I feel sorry for poor Mr. or Ms. Mulligan--what a way to go down in history!

I have a friend who lives in NJ - at his club they call it a Finkelstein.

You're only breaking the rules if you take a mulligan and enter your score for handicap.

Thanks Diane, I get what you mean now it makes sense then if you are trying to figure out handicap I misunderstood, my apologies.

I did not see if if anyone posted this method, but sometimes in a "practice" round, where no one is behind me, I will play worst ball. Play 2 balls and you have to play the worst ball on each shot...Really makes you concentrate on your round... (just think...That 18' putt that you drain with the first ball....you have to do with the 2nd as well for it to "count"

Thanks Diane, I get what you mean now it makes sense then if you are trying to figure out handicap I misunderstood, my apologies.

No need for an apology. The only one here who understands all the rules of golf and isn't a pro is Fourputt. I think Harry comes in a close second, but he hasn't posted enough rules for me to be certain.

I think Harry comes in a close second, but he hasn't posted enough rules for me to be certain.

We aren't even sure that Harry even plays golf!

I feel the same way about "gimmees" "Gimmees" are an illegal agreement between two players, neither of whom can putt.:D

Actually, I think "mulligan" is shorthand for "Maul it again"!!!

Kind of like F.O.R.D. meaning " Fix it again Tony".

I feel the same way about "gimmees" "Gimmees" are an illegal agreement between two players, neither of whom can putt.:D

that one made me giggle.

Funny ow the worse a round is going the further the distance a player will decide its a gimme. I have to shamefully admit i may have taken some 6 footers away as gimmes on particularly bad/stressful rounds.

Never playing for money or handicap though. Just a practice round/half round with friends.

its about fun at the end of the day aint it!

Sometimes I will be walking and find a big, unrepaired fairway divot. Before repairing it, I will drop a ball in it, and practice getting out of it. Same thing if I find an uneven lie area. About the only extra shot I don't do during a fun round is a green side bunker shot. :clapp:
I did not see if if anyone posted this method, but sometimes in a "practice" round, where no one is behind me, I will play worst ball. Play 2 balls and you have to play the worst ball on each shot...Really makes you concentrate on your round... (just think...That 18' putt that you drain with the first ball....you have to do with the 2nd as well for it to "count"

The way I see it is if you aren't playing for money, for your handicap or in a tournament, then playing however you see fit for your cart/green fee is acceptable. I try different shots from different lies all the time just to see how the ball reacts. The only way you get better is to practice and getting on a driving range hitting balls in an area 200 yards wide is not how you do it. Trying real shots you are going to face in tourneys/dogfights etc. is the best way to lower your score.

I thought that was Fiat???

I think it is.... Ford was "Found On Road Dead" or "Fix Or Repair Daily". Really hard to do that with C H E V R O L E T...

I think it is.... Ford was "Found On Road Dead" or "Fix Or Repair Daily". Really hard to do that with C H E V R O L E T...

You know the one for PONTIAC?

Yeah, but we can't use it here!

Chevrolet: Car Has Extensive Valve Rattle On Long Extended Trips.
Chevorlet: Crappy Hot-Running Engines, Very Rusted Out, Lose Every Time

Chevy: Cheapest Heap Ever enVisioned Yet

Here's a bunch of 'em: http://www.dkgoodman.com/carinitl.html
(They actually left PONTIAC off of the list)

I do that when I'm working on my game, but I do play with guys that play that way regularly.

Yes, but it really wouldn't be politically correct for a good ole southern boy to repeat it in this day and age.

Back