What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shot a 42/42 84 today which I'm quite happy about.

10/14 Fwys
10 GIR
35 Putts
4 Penalties

Driver was working well again today except for a few mis-cues where I overcooked it and went left.
Irons today were the best they've been in months, but I'm still fighting a heavy draw that I don't want.
Putts were irrelevant as the greens had been punched and sanded today. What a freakin' joke that was.

Shot a 42/42 84 today which I'm quite happy about.

10/14 Fwys
10 GIR
35 Putts
4 Penalties

Driver was working well again today except for a few mis-cues where I overcooked it and went left.
Irons today were the best they've been in months, but I'm still fighting a heavy draw that I don't want.
Putts were irrelevant as the greens had been punched and sanded today. What a freakin' joke that was.

Nice job, I'd be happy with an 84 about now. Congrats!

85 43/42 30 putts, 2 birdies & 8 pars.

Chipping killed me. 5 shots from 25 yds on one hole & a double chip on another. Definitely going in for a tune up Thursday morning.

89. 44&45. So, dead on handicap for me. Strong off the tee. Good around the greens. Poor irons and putts. A better round than plenty of late, so pleased. I need to stop over thinking my irons, and putt with confidence and the first sub 80 is out there!

Sounds like a rough day buddy, don't sweat it it's still early in the year man.
Headed to Play the Links at Gettysburg today...new day, and a course that will let me play driver on most par 4s and all par 5s.

I shot a 84 at Dye's Valley @ TPC Sawgrass yesterday. Finished bogey, bogey , bogey. And had a 4 putt on hole 10. Seriously, a 4 putt, wtf.

Going to Palencia today for some lessons w my friend who's the Assistant PGA pro there. Hopefully can help me get into the 70s soon.

This goes to show how far you've come pal. Wasn't too long ago that a 92 wasn't so effin bad right? You'll bounce right back bud.

Your right bro! It's amazing how quickly expectations change!!

Played Saturday afternoon in 25 mph winds ( getting sick of the wind) a little better day...putting is really tough in wind like this.

43/44 = 87
8/13 Fairways
5 GIR
37 putts
1 birdie
1 bunker shot
2 OOB

In these winds it's hard to keep the ball in play on a couple of the tighter holes that play cross wind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your right bro! It's amazing how quickly expectations change!!

Played Saturday afternoon in 25 mph winds ( getting sick of the wind) a little better day...putting is really tough in wind like this.

43/44 = 87
8/13 Fairways
5 GIR
37 putts
1 birdie
1 bunker shot
2 OOB

In these winds it's hard to keep the ball in play on a couple of the tighter holes that play cross wind.

Hey TBT, in those conditions, that's a pretty good score! Some penalties and a few putts and that is a really serious score! I look forward to seeing a good conditions total.

Hey TBT, in those conditions, that's a pretty good score! Some penalties and a few putts and that is a really serious score! I look forward to seeing a good conditions total.

Thanks buddy! I honestly can't remember the last time I played in calm conditions...it seems like the last several months the wind has been at least 15mph.

Thanks buddy! I honestly can't remember the last time I played in calm conditions...it seems like the last several months the wind has been at least 15mph.

Yeah, but I'll bet it is making a better course manager, a better thinker, and ultimately a better ball striker. If you can play in the wind well, you can play any course well.

Shot a 98 at Spooky Brook Golf Course in Somerset County, NJ - first round of 2013 - struck the ball well however short game (especially chipping) was awful - however, I was happy with my ball striking otherwise so ill take it for now!

Shot a 98 at Spooky Brook Golf Course in Somerset County, NJ - first round of 2013 - struck the ball well however short game (especially chipping) was awful - however, I was happy with my ball striking otherwise so ill take it for now!

Spooky was one of the first courses I played growing up. Wide open, but pretty long. Wish I would have known it was open yesterday - I would have made the trip to played there as the courses down here in mercer county were all closed.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Spooky was one of the first courses I played growing up. Wide open, but pretty long. Wish I would have known it was open yesterday - I would have made the trip to played there as the courses down here in mercer county were all closed.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Yea most of the county courses were closed also in the area - it was wide open also! Teed off at 2ish and finished just after 6. Just enough sunlight to end on 18 - it is a long course for sure - I gamed the Lethal ball and posted a writeup about it - the driver and Hybrids/Long Irons were working nicely - chipping was awful - need to work on that alot.

I had a fun round today with JT, SMG and Rusty at Echelon Golf Club in Alpharetta. My score (88; 45-43) was not so fun. Lots of pars, but lots of "others." I think I had six doubles and a triple to go along with a single bogey. Ten pars was pretty good for a "spring training" round.

The greens had also been recently aerated, which didn't allow for much scoring. My swing, though, was the main culprit.

Still plenty of time to get my game together before the OH Invitational.

I had a fun round today with JT, SMG and Rusty at Echelon Golf Club in Alpharetta. My score (88; 45-43) was not so fun. Lots of pars, but lots of "others." I think I had six doubles and a triple to go along with a single bogey. Ten pars was pretty good for a "spring training" round.

The greens had also been recently aerated, which didn't allow for much scoring. My swing, though, was the main culprit.

Still plenty of time to get my game together before the OH Invitational.

It was that stupid wind, the ball, and the greens. Not your swing bud.

If anyone is curious. I shot an ugly 80. Wasn't concerned about score. More about having a fun time.

Played my first round of the year this morning, tried to get in eighteen, but due to a horribly backed up tee times (its the first great day here in maryland) played the back nine at my home course. I have spent the past few weeks hitting nothing but 7-PW in attempts to improve my scoring and really saw the results! Highlights include 7 iron from 160 out in the sand to within 10 feet &
GIR on both par 3's. That being said, the driver was WAY right all morning, disappointing as I devoted so much time to it last year!

I golfed today!! YUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

New (to me) iron setup was a very interesting change but not bad.. Still probably too much spin, but time will tell. Hitting Bridgestone musclebacks flush makes me happy happy. 41/38 with two birdies and three double bogeys.. The greens have some poa annua grass growing well higher than the greens, so one putts were nearly impossible.

Not bad though!! Driver was ON. greenside wedge shots were surprisingly good!

New (to me) iron setup was a very interesting change but not bad.. Still probably too much spin, but time will tell. Hitting Bridgestone musclebacks flush makes me happy happy. 41/38 with two birdies and three double bogeys.. The greens have some poa annua grass growing well higher than the greens, so one putts were nearly impossible.

nice round Dan. i think i'm getting out tomorrow.

43-45=88 which i am ecstatic about. I was with OG, KB, and MaryC at the not-easy Monroe Golf Club. If not for bad putting and a pulled groin on 14, it could have been an epic day.

Great day with great friends

tapt

Good round, this time of year is about getting swings in...

43-45=88 which i am ecstatic about. I was with OG, KB, and MaryC at the not-easy Monroe Golf Club. If not for bad putting and a pulled groin on 14, it could have been an epic day.

Great day with great friends

tapt
Great round Toad! Glad you got to play some solid golf with a great crew of THPrs.

Good round, this time of year is about getting swings in...

absolutely buddy. Absolutely... At least until I heard there was a 30 dollar game I was in... *facepalm*

Walked away only down 9 bucks. Not bad!

The greens have some poa annua grass growing well higher than the greens, so one putts were nearly impossible.

I play a cheap course here in Hawaii called Barbers Point that has that stuff ALL OVER the greens. Just gotta hope to get it within a couple feet and then hope it doesn't bump your second shot too far off line as well. Too bad, because the course is laid out nicely. It's just dry and the greens suck. But I can walk 18 for $6, so no room to complain a bunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back