TaylorMade RBZ Stage 2 Fairway Review Thread

Nice initial write up. The forgiveness might be the biggest thing that has stood out to me with the Stage 2. I've said it a lot; it is very easy to hit and seems to minimize my mishits.

Looks like the Stage 2 fairways are getting very mixed reviews, I hope to read great things here. Friday evening I WON A GIVEAWAY FOR 2 STAGE 2 FAIRWAYS of my choice.
If I can get the adjustable tour version I went with the 14.5 #3 wood and the 18.5 #5 wood since could strengthen the loft on it.
If it turns out I AM LIMITED TO the non adjustable stage 2 fairways, I OPTED FOR THE !5 degree 3 wood and the 17 degree HL 3 WOOD, since I may not have a place for a 19 degree 5 wood. Harder choice there, hope i made a good one.

Now I want to see more favorable reviews.

Looks like the Stage 2 fairways are getting very mixed reviews, I hope to read great things here. Friday evening I WON A GIVEAWAY FOR 2 STAGE 2 FAIRWAYS of my choice.
If I can get the adjustable tour version I went with the 14.5 #3 wood and the 18.5 #5 wood since could strengthen the loft on it.
If it turns out I AM LIMITED TO the non adjustable stage 2 fairways, I OPTED FOR THE !5 degree 3 wood and the 17 degree HL 3 WOOD, since I may not have a place for a 19 degree 5 wood. Harder choice there, hope i made a good one.

Now I want to see more favorable reviews.

Reviews have been both open and honest. I believe also most favorable for the FW. Congrats on your win; however, I do not believe that testing is only for favorable reviews. You will find honest feedback, worthy or unworthy, but off the cuff opinions. Looking forward to your thoughts from your winnings.

LtEvO TaPpEd

Reviews have been both open and honest. I believe also most favorable for the FW. Congrats on your win; however, I do not believe that testing is only for favorable reviews. You will find honest feedback, worthy or unworthy, but off the cuff opinions. Looking forward to your thoughts from your winnings.

LtEvO TaPpEd

J4U, well said IMO buddy.

Yea, I think everyone has been honest with their findings--both the good and not so good.

LtEvO TaPpEd

J4U, well said IMO buddy.

Yea, I think everyone has been honest with their findings--both the good and not so good.
I do believe the gentlemen was being sarcastic

Probably, I just really liked what J4U said, it's something that I think is often overlooked by some peering in to forum testings here. He said it well IMO.

I did not take it that way and regardless of the intention of the post, I stand by my reply.

What is sarcasm? And I recant everything I have said in this thread.

Guys, let's keep it to the feedback on the Stage 2 here. Honest feedback is what forum testing is all about, and I do believe he was stating he wanted to see more positive reviews in hopes of people finding more success with the club.

The thread has been phenomenal so far, everyone is doing a heck of a job.

The thread has been phenomenal so far, everyone is doing a heck of a job.
I agree with this.

The club def speaks for itself in my time with it. I really think it was a definite improvement over last years. But, I think I just really like the profile of this years better and that's made the biggest difference for me personally.

Would've loved to have seen Freddie pound this thing.

I agree with this.

The club def speaks for itself in my time with it. I really think it was a definite improvement over last years. But, I think I just really like the profile of this years better and that's made the biggest difference for me personally.

Would've loved to have seen Freddie pound this thing.
It was impressive.

This marks two years in a row I have hit a really good drive, with my driver, only to be out-driven by Freddie....with a 3W.

Im being dead serious when I say this, when Freddie hits this on the screws, it's longer than any driver I have seen him hit. Did I mention he had it set at 16.5*?

Maybe we should just start calling him Boomboom.

Glad to hear that you got to experience the Stage 2 Freddie. Really liked hearing what you had to say.
As for what I think of the Stage 2, I have really come to enjoy using the 15* Stage2. Ready to get it back on the course this week. Starting in a league Wednesday night and this will get plenty of play. But I will be putting the driver back in the bag for this weekends invitational.

Nice thoughts, Freddie. If you feel so inclined to pound the RBZ Stage 2 again and induct ourselves into the Hall of Fame on Saturday, by all means. :act-up:

Fellas, it's going to be Dallas before I am going to be able to jump back into testing. Snow has finally melted here, but it's supposed to be 35 tomorrow (my freaking day off) with a chance of flurries, again. But, I am going to pound the tar out of this thing on Saturday morning before we go off in Dallas and again on Sunday. Will have full thoughts up and how the Stage 2 did for me in my 2 rounds this weekend. Looking forward to being snow free and jumping back into things.

Great work, everyone.

Bring Shorts and sunscreen. Your going to need it. Then we can let some others take a few swings with the Stage 2 on the range Sunday.
Nice thoughts, Freddie. If you feel so inclined to pound the RBZ Stage 2 again and induct ourselves into the Hall of Fame on Saturday, by all means. :act-up:

Fellas, it's going to be Dallas before I am going to be able to jump back into testing. Snow has finally melted here, but it's supposed to be 35 tomorrow (my freaking day off) with a chance of flurries, again. But, I am going to pound the tar out of this thing on Saturday morning before we go off in Dallas and again on Sunday. Will have full thoughts up and how the Stage 2 did for me in my 2 rounds this weekend. Looking forward to being snow free and jumping back into things.

Great work, everyone.

LtEvO TaPpEd

Allow me to correct your last sentence, it misses the mark in attributing me to want to limit this to favorable reviews only. Since my view is the early reviews are mixed, and since the testing is in it's early stages, and since I won two of these was merely hoping would see some good views on these. Whether the good outweigh the negative is none of my business, but personally I HOPE IT IS A BEAST.

Simple as that, no agenda here, but for whatever reason your mileage may vary.

Some good stuff in here lately guys, sorry but life caught up with me this past weekend. I was not able to do any testing only a small range session on mats which isn't ideal. I am working on my new set up and getting ready for Golf Tec lessons. I am hoping for some great weather on Sunday to get a full round in. Also with Daylights savings I maybe be able to sneak in 9 after work one day this week, fingers crossed.

Hit the range today in prep for the invitational. Went throught the entire bag at the range. When I got to the R9, Stage 2, and the Driver, I must have been a little to pumped up about 1, new clubs on order, 2 start league play on Wednesday, andTHP/Callaway this weekend. Kind of an exciting week of golf for me.
I had a bad time with all three clubs. Really over swinging and could not calm down with any of them. My last two hits with each club were very nice, but all the other swings were erratic. I hope I can calm it before Wednesday league play. I really can't give any thoughts on the Stage 2 today, as it was not a good day on the range for the woods. Now the irons were good and I believe I am getting comfortable with Cookie's irons.
I am looking forward to Wednesday night as the Stage 2 should get plenty of action and will be under pressure to perform. I believe it will do just fine.

AFW, these days happen, it'll pass.

Don't worry AFW sounds like you had a lot on your plate yesterday. It's all good man good luck Wednesday. I always just try and keep things simple when I start to lose it on the range or the course. Have fun man and look forward to hearing your results.

Oh, hello there.

a3u7u9ap.jpg

u3asujut.jpg

Sent from Tapatalk

Nice! I bet you can't wait to get that bad boy out on the course.

Personally I love the looks of the club and the head cover. The head cover really pops!

Very nice Ary. Looks like you are ready to play. Hope it performs well for you. I like the fact that your 3HL is adjustable. It would be fun to play around with that.

Back