Discount Tire Direct

tyno

War Eagle's friend
Reaction score
Handicap
kids
I have to come in here and sing my praises for this amazing experience that I've had with DTD...

First of all, they have great pricing for all brands of tires and frequently run promotions of their own, along side honoring each brands' own promotions.
Last year I was scouring the Earth for new tires for my car, which coincidentally it needed to pass inspection with only days to go...this is normal for me as a Stage 4 procrastinator.
So I found their site and was able to find a smoking deal on a set of tires for my car.
Shipped directly to my front door....wait for it....FOR FREE...wait for it again....in 2 days! AMAZING!
Planned on doing business thru them again, when my wife needed new tires.

Fast forward to today. I had a run in with a meteorite-sized pot hole not too long ago and apparently it must have ripped the belt inside the tire, as I now noticed a small bubble in my tire, slightly smaller than a golf ball. Great. Can't be fixed. Need a new tire, another 100 some dollars gone just like that. But wait, is this covered under my tire warranty? Has to be right? Yes, it is! But did I purchase it along with these tires.....NO.

I called their 800 number to confirm this and much to my dismay, I did not purchase the replacement certificate for the tires. But the support rep was just one of those guys..."let me see what i can do for you" he says. A little less than 20k on the tire. Minutes later, "i tell ya what i can do for ya..."
He is sending me a replacement tire FOR FREE and only charging me for 4 replacement certificates, which comes to about $68 and doesn't even need the busted tire back! This double made my day! Easily saved me $50 or more...

If you're looking for tires....I would definitely recommend this site. Cannot say enough good things about them.

That's great customer service.

I use them, and I use Tirerack.com as well. When I was in charge of the fleet for a company, I used them both a lot and never had any issues with either. You just need to find someone to mount and balance, but that's usually not an issue. (We used NTB)

Tirerack has a bigger selection and cheaper prices, but they charge for shipping.

Discount tires charges more per tire, but with free shipping, it's usually cheaper to go with them, except they have a smaller selection. When they had the tires I wanted, I went with Discount Tires.

Thats cc service right there. I was in the same sitution last yr. had done all my research and called sears to see if they would beat my best online price and they did had to bring a copy of my best price in and they they beat it buy 20 bucks..

I've used them multiple times before. Great prices and free shipping. Always use them when I need new tires. Glad to hear they have such great service. Haven't had to use them yet (knock on wood), but good to know.

Thanks for the feedback on DTD. I'll consider this a tag for the next time I need to look at tires.

Never used Direct, but back home ALWAYS bought tires from Discount Tire. When we moved here to VA, I freaked when I learned that there isn't one even in the state! Great service. I always make sure to buy the replacement plan however. Nails, punctures, or bubbles in tires are always repaired/replaced for free.

Back