Cleveland 588 TT Irons Preview Thread

Wish the top line was a little thinner, but overall very impressed.

That's interesting... I never got that feeling at all.. I didn't put them side by side with the CBs or MBs, but that top line didn't seem to bother me at all.

probably depends on what you are comparing them to, Ive hit them a few times and didnt get that bulky club feeling with them at all. Easy on the eyes

If that is what you are looking for have you looked at the 588 CB? I'm guessing whenever the 588 TC is released they will have a thin top line.

I got a chance to spend a fair bit of time with the Cleveland 588 TTs today, comparing them to the CBs and MBs, and I came away very impressed. I think these will be in my bag for the Morgan Cup this year -- the flight wasn't ballooned in comparison to the other player options, and I was consistently hitting it over 185 in carry. Not bad!!!

I do have some serious reservations right now on spin rate using sim golf balls, as I saw noticeable difference when I used the couple decent balls, but I don't know that I could be more sure about the irons themselves.

I got a chance to spend a fair bit of time with the Cleveland 588 TTs today, comparing them to the CBs and MBs, and I came away very impressed. I think these will be in my bag for the Morgan Cup this year -- the flight wasn't ballooned in comparison to the other player options, and I was consistently hitting it over 185 in carry. Not bad!!!

I do have some serious reservations right now on spin rate using sim golf balls, as I saw noticeable difference when I used the couple decent balls, but I don't know that I could be more sure about the irons themselves.

I knew it.

I knew it.

The rep that helped me was awesome, but he really pushed the s300's and really didn't have a great shaft collection... That's my biggest concern right now.

I need to get on a shaft optimizer.

For the record, the MBs feel phenomenal, I just don't want to play blades. I'd rather try a tour trajectory, more forgiving iron.

Glad they were able to help you today buddy. Sounds like you are ready to rock.

I have been spending some serious time on Cleveland's website and am piecing together a potential future set. Right now I have:
5i - 588 Altitude
6i, 7i - 588 MT
8i to DW - 588 TT
55* RTX CB
60* RTX MB
I would bend the whole set 1* weak so that my PW and DW end up at 45/50. I am having a heck of a time deciding on shafts though; I think I want the C. Kuas, but the KBS Tour 90's are the safe choice. The PX PXi's have me very curious as well but I am unable to demo them.
This iron line has me very excited and my ongoing ponder of the Black irons has moved to these.

I have been spending some serious time on Cleveland's website and am piecing together a potential future set. Right now I have:
5i - 588 Altitude
6i, 7i - 588 MT
8i to DW - 588 TT
55* RTX CB
60* RTX MB
I would bend the whole set 1* weak so that my PW and DW end up at 45/50. I am having a heck of a time deciding on shafts though; I think I want the C. Kuas, but the KBS Tour 90's are the safe choice. The PX PXi's have me very curious as well but I am unable to demo them.
This iron line has me very excited and my ongoing ponder of the Black irons has moved to these.

I have no idea what kind of numbers I was getting, but I hit an iron with them plugged in yesterday and it was buttery smooth man! Big wow.

That's a pretty intense bag right there. Why the DW rather than a wedge at 50?

I have no idea what kind of numbers I was getting, but I hit an iron with them plugged in yesterday and it was buttery smooth man! Big wow.

That's a pretty intense bag right there. Why the DW rather than a wedge at 50?

I use my Gap wedge as an extension of my iron set for gapping reasons so I find it helps if it has the same shaft and characteristics as the rest of my irons. I could go either way I suppose.

I got my mitts all over the '13 Cleveland line while I had a half hour to burn this weekend and I am really excited with what I saw. I spent the most time with the MT and TT lines, as they fit my eye & game the best. Even though we've heard it here a few times, I was struck with how wide the MT soles were. I think these will be great for me in the long iron side of my bag, but will probably mix in the TTs on the short end of my bag.

The one thing that stood out to me the most was how long (length wise) they felt. I play my R11s at stock length, but both the MT and TT felt like they were much longer than normal. GG didnt have any R11s out, so I couldnt compare side by side, but that was my biggest surprise.

I thought I had my bag set for the MC, oh was I so wrong. I hit a 6 iron TT today out of pure curiosity and oh my Lord. This club is amazing. Top to bottom one of the best feeling irons I've ever hit. And better yet. I was carrying it 195-200. And no this LM was not juicing my numbers. When I was hitting drivers and 3 woods, they were going my normal distance. I even hit a AP2 6i and it went my normal 6i distance (185). The crazy thing as well though is that it wasn't launching high at all. It had a LA of 21*, which I think is good, because the XL in 7.5* was launching an average of 14*. My issue is that I feel like the irons are too long. Can't believe I would ever say that. But I have some huge decisions to make. I like the crispness of the MB's and the workability, but the feel of these is just so smooth, so easy. It's almost humorous.

I really don't like making decisions. I think overall though, I don't lose either way.

I thought I had my bag set for the MC, oh was I so wrong. I hit a 6 iron TT today out of pure curiosity and oh my Lord. This club is amazing. Top to bottom one of the best feeling irons I've ever hit. And better yet. I was carrying it 195-200. And no this LM was not juicing my numbers. When I was hitting drivers and 3 woods, they were going my normal distance. I even hit a AP2 6i and it went my normal 6i distance (185). The crazy thing as well though is that it wasn't launching high at all. It had a LA of 21*, which I think is good, because the XL in 7.5* was launching an average of 14*. My issue is that I feel like the irons are too long. Can't believe I would ever say that. But I have some huge decisions to make. I like the crispness of the MB's and the workability, but the feel of these is just so smooth, so easy. It's almost humorous.

I really don't like making decisions. I think overall though, I don't lose either way.
Good thoughts, JT. I have said a few times that the TT irons just make my swing feel effortless. Love these irons.

Let's go combo!!! You could always bend them weak..

Glad to hear I'm not the only one losing it here haha

Let's go combo!!! You could always bend them weak..

Glad to hear I'm not the only one losing it here haha

Dude, you have no idea. My head is spinning right now with what to do.

My vote? Hit them again. That's what I'm doing this weekend hopefully.

The TT shocked me in such a big way.

Did it bump out the MB ponder? Or just add another log onto the ponder fire?

I'm going to be a number crunching mad man this weekend. You might enjoy it.

Just hoping the place I go has a nice collection of shafts to try out.

Tt are The truth, u can rock them with ease!

I will do that soon hopefully.
Another log in the ponder fire. It's between the MB's and TT's right now.

Hmmm... Canadan and JT thinking about rocking the TTs huh? I never would have guessed that. I need to hit them again as well. Unfortunately the course I work at only has the stock shaft at the moment and that simply doesn't work for me.

What shaft were you hitting with JT?

I'm going to be a number crunching mad man this weekend. You might enjoy it.

Just hoping the place I go has a nice collection of shafts to try out.

Get some numbers, you have a Morgan Cup to win!

Hmmm... Canadan and JT thinking about rocking the TTs huh? I never would have guessed that. I need to hit them again as well. Unfortunately the course I work at only has the stock shaft at the moment and that simply doesn't work for me.

What shaft were you hitting with JT?

Surprisingly, it was the stock Cleveland shaft. It shocked me. With KBS Tour's, these irons could be deadly.

That's awesome guys. I love the fact that JT and Canadan are considering these. They are some solid irons

Back