Handicap goals for this year

milehighgolfer

Hacking at Altitude
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I joined the Colorado Golf Association this year to establish an official handicap. And tomorrow begins the handicap posting season for us here in Colorado (and most other "cold" states). I am currently at a 16.5 using oob to track my rounds. My immediate goal is to get to a 15 for the Outing in May and then improve on that before the Championship in Vegas this fall. I can usually identify at least six shots a round that were avoidable and by working to avoid repeating those extra shots should get me down to my goal. I am currently hitting less than 20% of my greens while finding 52.7% of fairways and taking only 1.78 putts per hole. I must get my iron play out of the dumpster and begin hitting greens to avoid bogies or worse.

Now, what is your goal this year and how are you going to get there?

I want to get below 10 for good. I have hit more balls in the last 6 months than I have in the last 10 years. Hopefully all the lessons and practice will continue to garner results.

I was 15-17 last year.

Last edited:
Realistic? <25. WANT? 20 and lower.

End of last season i played around 27-ish, but the last tournament i played was cut short due to storms in the area. Only first 9 holes counted, and i ended up with 30.5 as new HC.

I want to be sub 20 I hope to achieve that early in the season and just keep working at it from there. Starting Golf Tec this weekend which only will help I am sure.

Firstly, to join a club and get an official handicap and then with any luck, I would like to try and get to at least 15 by the end of the year

I only have an unofficial handicap, but I still use it to track my progress. I went from a 23-ish to about a 16 last year. My goal this year is to get it under 12. Last year for me, it was streaky. Early in the year, good driving, bad iron play and bad short game. When the irons and short game started coming around, my tee shots went to the crapper. When I started scoring much better towards the end of the year, it was all short game dedication.

So this year, I wanna get my driving on track and really focus on my putting. I think a 10-ish handicap is really doable this year, so I'm gonna work at it.

1.0 I think with my new focus on my game this year that I can get there. I got to 3.7 last year with basicly no work on my game and this year my goal is work on it at least 4 days a week and continue my putting work every night, which I can see already making a difference.

My handicap has risen pretty quickly since my shoulder injury in September (2.3 to a 7.2 currently), but now that my shoulder is feeling better I'm hoping to get back to where i was or a little better.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

Trying to break the 20 barrier this year. My lessons with Golftec went great last summer and I saw some huge improvements in the fall. Hoping to capitalize on that this year and shoot some low scores.

I went from 15 to 10 last year and broke 10 to 9.7 last month. I'd like to get to 7-8 this year. 5 would be great but I've gotta be realistic. 15 -> 10 is much easier (IMHO) then 10 -> 5.

I first off would like to get an official handicap set, I've only been going off of unofficial, my average score above par. I have been saying for a while that I would like to get below ten, but I am going up to myrtle beach this summer to play in a father team classic with a guy, and last year I really felt like I let him down as I was quite new to the game. I set a goal to be a single digit handicap by that time, which is in mid july, which will give me a few months of season to get going. I am planning on getting some lessons set up, and with the volume that I will be playing (at least three to four times a week) I believe I can do that. Hoping to really improve my driver consistency first, and after that my 30 to 70 yard range needs some real improvement.

Bounced around between 9.4 and 10 for the last few years. My goal is to get to sub 9 consistently this year.

My goal this year is to get below 15

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

My goal is to get to a 5.

9 is my goal for 2013

I'm with War Eagle, i want to get to a 5

I got to a 16.0 a few days before the big event last year. I want to get down to 13 or 14 this year.

Would love to get under 8. I want to get it so I can fall out of bed in the correct SeeMore SPi posture. Putting well would make a huge difference. I also want to work on FIRs and GIRs. Basically to play the most boring golf possible, Fairway-Green-InTheHole.

I would like to be around a 12

Well I do not have a real number in mind but I want the number to stay more constant. I normally range from 16.5 down to 13 but it is unofficial. I tend to shot higher in the winter and lower in the summer. I just really want to try and shot more in the 80's on a constant basis.

I want to actually figure out what my handicap is. I have never kept track so this year after getting a little more serious about it I'm going to start keeping track.

I want to actually figure out what my handicap is. I have never kept track so this year after getting a little more serious about it I'm going to start keeping track.

Don't keep track, enter your scores at www.oobgolf.com and let them keep track for you! (Unless you want an official handicap)

I'm hoping I have topped out and on the way back down this year. I'm taking baby steps and shooting for a 14 by mid summer. The funny thing is, I'm striking the ball as good or better, than when I was a 12 last year. Different type course these days where I actually can't use a punch and run approach shot. I'm having to learn high soft lob shots, and putt on greens that will make ya slap ya momma. This experience will pay off in the long haul. I truly believe it's growing pains.

I am a 10.7 now but have been playing a lot more and am improving. I really want to be a single digit handicap which should be doable and ultimately get to a 6.

Back