Proposed Seattle NBA/NHL Arena

SaskeyInWash

Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 4.0
Take a look at the latest pictures of the proposed arena to be built in Seattle if they can get an NBA team. It has some pretty cool features that I have never heard of before for an arena and the way it is designed the place will be crazy loud if the fans are like Seahawk fans.

http://blog.seattlepi.com/sonics/20...nterior-renderings-of-proposed-seattle-arena/

screen_shot_2013-03-14_at_4.53.00_pm.0_standard_730.0.png

Screen_Shot_2013-03-14_at_4.35.20_PM_medium.png

I have been following the idea of an NHL Seattle team and who may move for a couple of years. I really want them to get a team I think it would be a great idea. From what I have been hearing is that is may be an expansion team and not a move. With the new confrence alignment it sure leaves that door wide open. I think it will happen very soon.

I have been following the idea of an NHL Seattle team and who may move for a couple of years. I really want them to get a team I think it would be a great idea. From what I have been hearing is that is may be an expansion team and not a move. With the new confrence alignment it sure leaves that door wide open. I think it will happen very soon.

Looking at the new alignment it sure seems like they need another 2 expansion teams to fill it out properly. Seattle and Quebec City maybe or another GTA??? From what I have read the NBA team needs to come first for the private investor to open his wallet but that could be taken care of shortly with the Sacramento Kings situation.

It's just a matter of time. It's built for both NBA and NHL and that is one of the agreements for building and moving the Kings. We wont see another team in GTA the Sens already took some of the Leafs fans and as big as they are I don't see them trying to take any more fan support from them. If you check out this link you will see where my mind is at. http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/blog/e...veils-plans-for-new-arena-set-to-open-in-2015

I think the question is what would you call an NHL team in Seattle.

It looks interesting. The rings up top are an intriguing concept.

I think Seattle is a good destination for an NHL team. And I would love to see the Sonics come back!

It would be awesome to see an NHL team in Seattle. I could go see some games with my family up there. I remember the super sonics being there.

Move the Coyotes!

Move the Coyotes!

Please take them!

I used to love hockey, but the strikes and the way ownership and local politics have destroyed any semblance of a sustainable Coyotes fanbase, it's time for them to go.

a Seattle NHL expansion team would be great for the new realignment...

I agree that Seattle would be a very solid hockey market. Some definite natural rivals could emerge.

a Seattle NHL expansion team would be great for the new realignment...

I think the NHL would be better off moving a team like the Panthers or Coyotes there.

Anything would be better than the Key Arena. NHL in Seattle would be awesome!

Back