Handicap goals for this year

I want to get to single figures , been going through a swing change after my coach left and been stick at 12 for pretty much all that time but just about there and now working on short game so think I can do it!

My goal is to get get to scratch, but so far this year it's been a roller coaster, good round followed by mayhem. I need to buckle down and spend a bit more time at the short game area the next couple months, the wedges and the putter are really troublesome right now.

For you guys at 5 or under do you feel the only way to improve is by better putting?

For you guys at 5 or under do you feel the only way to improve is by better putting?

I think for me it's all wedges and putting Scrap, the 30 yd and in chips need to be closer and the putting inside of 10 feet really needs to be tightened up.

I think for me it's all wedges and putting Scrap, the 30 yd and in chips need to be closer and the putting inside of 10 feet really needs to be tightened up.

I guess I have a long way to go. That is the weak part of my game. Good luck man.

Aiming for mid teens by the end of this season, and will be dissapointed if I dont make that.

I've just been nudged up to 21 which sounds high, but comes off the back of one of my worst seasons last year, where my swing fell apart completly and I got to the stage where I was considering selling my clubs and giving it all up.

There has been alot of work over the Xmas period, numerous changes to the bag and Im happy that things are starting to come together. I've been hitting mid-high 30's in Stableford competitions playing off 18-19 recently so if that continues I should image the "bandit" phrase will be doing the rounds a bit.

Fingers crossed :)

I'm currently at 12 but I would love to be a single figure by the end of the year

2012 was my first year with golf club membership, started with first official at 11.0. I was down to 10.3 and then popped back up by the end of handicap period to 10.7
At the end of the year I shot a 79 (+6) still playing full course, at a local course.
In the last three weekends on my home course i have shot 77 (+6), 81(+10), 82(+11) and 79(+8), my game is in a good place and my target is a single figure handicap at some point this year, obviously hoping to go as low as possible.

I am about 7 rounds into establishing a handicap on GHIN. I am slightly below a 15. Like many people at my level, there are only a few shots per round holding me back. Leaving one in the bunker, topping a drive, 3 putting, or blading a wedge over a green. Almost all of my strokes are given away around the green, which is a part of my game I never practice. I have recently committed to improving my short game, and will spend about 2-3 hours per week working on it. My goal is to get to around a 12 by the end of this summer. I think I can go single digit by January 1.

Gunning for 15 this year, currently sitting at 22.4 and we still have snow on the ground.

Ideally i'd want to get my hcp down to 9 which is probable as long I continue to drive consistantly. Like many other who have posted silly mistakes have cost me last season the thinned wedge especially drives me bonkers! I went out today from forward tees marginally shortened the course and I shot par so I know i can dominate my home course but the whole game was hot today left a couple shots out there too. SO to that end 5-9 hcp by October is the aim. Good luck to all with the season ahead

I would like mine around the 13-14 and to consistently shoot low 80's and maybe into the 70's.

I like to set achievable goals which I think this is.

Would like to be shooting below 85 on average, so 12-13 range.

I want to get mine down to about a 10. Fired a 78 first round out this year so I think I'm in good position to start. Need to trim down my putting though, averaging 2.05 putts a hole including last years stats (averaged 1.9 this round)...if I could get down to 1.7 (about 30 putts/rd) or so that would really shave some strokes off. I also need to hit my iron shots and wedges closer though to give myself better chances at one putts.

I would like to get to 9.9.

My goal is to get to 10 by years end. Would love to be single digit but 10 is the current goal.

this year, with much more focused and disciplined practice, and for the first time ever, lessons, i hope to get in the 12-ish range, if not lower

maybe it's a bit overzealous, but never had an official handicap before, and hadn't played in almost 10 years before last month. that being said, between lessons at Golftec, joining a country club, and hitting the range 4-5 times a week, I full expect to be sub 20 by the end of the year. Ideally 18 or less so I can entertain the possibility of the Morgan Cup.

Finally have an official number this year and as soon as I find out what my handicap is, move it down.

LtEvO TaPpEd

Currently I'm a 19. My immediate goal would be to get below 18 and be shooting in the 80s consistently, regardless of the course. After that, I'll probably look for 15 or better, but that could be years :)

Aiming for 15 hcp at year end, and to break 80 once! Tracking the hcp movements in the signature.

My Goal is to get to scratch. It sounds hard, but for me, it's only 3 steps: 1) Smooth out transition, 2) smooth out driving, 3) make more of my mistakes. I play like an ungodly mix of a 90 shooter and a +3 handicap. It is not uncommon for my scorecard to go birdie, birdie, bogey, birdie, quadruple bogey. I can bang a bunch into the woods, but if I just hit the fairway, I'm pretty much guarenteed a par (I hit about 65% GIR [usually 10-14 GIR a round of 18, less than that is a very bad day of iron play]). I've shot a 74 with 6 birdies. IT'S NOT RIGHT. My scoring clubs and short game are usually MONEY, it's getting there that balloons my score...Frickin' driver. Anytime the driver can stay in the bag, I have the potential to play at par.

My goal is to get down around 20. Long ways away, but I would love to be rocking a 19.9 by the end of the year!

I'd like to get down to a 5. Right now just using OOB it shows 7.2, but that's not accurate because I don't have enough rounds so it's using the one decent round I played. Probably playing closer to 10-12.

Back