What's your proudest golf moment????

1. Breaking 80
2. Winning my first tournament

Just think how many people from this day forward will not understand where "Hitting it on the screws" came from.

I wonder if the "young bucks" on this board know that term.

I wonder if the "young bucks" on this board know that term.

I'll admit -- I don't.

Im not even that old... but I knew people younger than me wouldnt know. That is quite a shame.

So if they dont know what it means are they still allowed to say "Man, I hit that one on the screws!"

Ha, ok, but what does it mean?

This is directly copied from golftipsmag.com:

"Sometimes nothing beats hitting a drive on the screws, right down the middle. For you youngsters, “hitting it on the screws” is an old, but literal saying that harkens back a whopping 20 years to when golfers used persimmon heads with screws that held the clubface together."

classic50_driver.jpg

I still have a few of those clubs!

Wait....I didn't type "up"! Harry! You edited that!

Late on this Julie, but his lack of bold/italics/color change made me go back and check as well.

I thought we all knew the unwritten rules about editing quotes!

Late on this Julie, but his lack of bold/italics/color change made me go back and check as well.

I thought we all knew the unwritten rules about editing quotes!

Hey, if they can't catch me on things I've actually said, can't blame them for making stuff up! :wink:

Since I have never had an eagle or hole in one, my proudest moment would have to be my first birdie. I still have the ball in my golf ball display case at home.

Since I have never had an eagle or hole in one, my proudest moment would have to be my first birdie. I still have the ball in my golf ball display case at home.

Nice bump.

Mine would have to be shooting my PB at the first ever THP Invitational.

as of now, i would have to say my proudest golf moment has been just recently when i purchased my son a real set of junior clubs for his 3rd birthday. he absolutely loves golf and loves to hit balls around the yard with his plastic set i got him last year. so ya thats going to be the best moment for me

as of now, i would have to say my proudest golf moment has been just recently when i purchased my son a real set of junior clubs for his 3rd birthday. he absolutely loves golf and loves to hit balls around the yard with his plastic set i got him last year. so ya thats going to be the best moment for me

LOL I was resisting the urge to get sappy, but this is it for me to. Every now and then my boy just rips one and I get all sorts of proud.

My proudest golf moment would be the one and only time I broke 80 at Brancepeth Castle - I still have the scorecard at home

When I pull off a window shot thru tree trouble. Nothing like hitting your ball and it goes thru and ends up at nice lie.

DigitalSmokeSignal

My proudest golf moment was yesterday, being on the range and swinging full speed :)

Some great stuff here guys. This topic should never be far from the top.

1. shooting an 83 (11 over) at my buddy's bachelor party golf trip. His poser father-in-law was bragging before the round about being a 13 hdp and put a group of us in the "bad" group (which turned out to be the awesome people group, had soo much fun that day). haha, no one in the bad group shot over 90 that day. The guy was at about 100 by the 13th and made up something about an injury at the wedding afterwards.

2. playing at the Hong Kong Golf Club for the first time, on the same course as the tournament. I shot like a million but it was still amazing. It's so bizarre playing with such attentive caddies.

My proudest moment by far was when my daughter was a junior in HS at their region tournament, she got off to a horrible start. Seven over after three holes, it looked bad with the toughest hole on the course coming up. It was a quirky par 5 with tiny areas for the drive and second shot, then the green has a huge oak tree in front of the back half. She piped the drive and second shot then hit her approach over the tree for an easy birdie putt which she made. From that point on out, she played good golf and finished with one more birdie and one bogie to finish second and lead her team to winning the region championship.

I was extremely proud of her mental toughness in making that kind of turn-around after such a horrible start. I use that memory sometimes when I get off to a rough start to remind me to just relax and play.

1. Watching my 3yr old daughter sink a putt
2. Hole in One on 148yd hole
3. Breaking 90

My proudest moment was last year when I eagled the first hole at my golf club. It is a par 5, driver, 3 iron, 6 foot putt!

My next proudest moment was when I played a full round with one golf ball. It doesn't usually happen with my wayward drives. It was that round that I also posted my lowest score so far, it was a 96. That ball was retired and I still have it on display!

Ive had a few quite recently actually,

1. Brought my 5 year old son his first set of golf clubs complete with bag, and then proudly watched him carry them into the driving range and announce in a loud voice "come on Daddy lets get cracking"

2. Eagle on the Par 5 3rd hole at our local course about 5 or 6 weeks ago - although it was on a temporary green some 50 yards short of the actual green, but they all count as they say.

3. In the same round as the above, shooting a bird on the Par 4 8th - chipped in from about 50 yards for that one (normal green)

4. Last week - nailed a 7 iron from 163 yards on the Par 4 5th to about 7 or 8 inches from the hole, tapped in for the bird.

I've had a couple, the first was a hole in one at The Thistle while playing with my kid, he went crazy and I just holy S%&t it went in and went back to the cart.
The other was shooting my personal best score with a guy that I could never beat, one day I got tired of listening to him gab about it and I shot a 68, he never bothered me again but we love to play against each other when I visit the beach.

My initial reaction was my hole in one. But upon reflection I have to admit that was 100% pure luck.

My second thought was shooting my personal best, which came in a competition and on one of my favorite courses and with my best friend. I am really proud of that, one of those rare moments when all the preparation and hard work pays off and you actually perform. That was great.

But I have to say that is probably a very close second to introducing my kids to the game and seeing their excitement and interest in the game. They are signed up for a spring break golf camp and they are fired up about it. Love that. Makes me very proud.

Ive had a few quite recently actually,
1. Brought my 5 year old son his first set of golf clubs complete with bag, and then proudly watched him carry them into the driving range and announce in a loud voice "come on Daddy lets get cracking"

Haha that's great, I can't think of that without laughing

For me thus far it's my first even par nine hole round. I had two birdies and a double on a course that typically gives me fits on the front side. I unfortunately had to leave at the turn, but to this point that's my best accomplishment.

Any round I get to play with my Dad. We only get to play once or twice a year since we do not live near each other, so every time I get the chance to tee it up with him and my Uncle, its a great day.

Back