High Launching Shafts

I'd say then that despite the Fubuki's (in my uneducated mind) really low launch angle, you were hitting the ball much better with it. You hit a fairly comparable shot with the Voodoo and its distance can't hold a candle to the fubuki. Maybe check for fubuki with a different kick point to bring that launch angle up if you like?

Those backspin numbers in your chart are a little wierd. The lowest I have ever seen in a player is around 800rpms, not 120. Some high launch, high spin options for you would be;

UST Axivcore BLACK 69
Fubuki ALPHA 60
UST Attas 60
Diamana Ilima 60

Those backspin numbers in your chart are a little wierd. The lowest I have ever seen in a player is around 800rpms, not 120. Some high launch, high spin options for you would be;

UST Axivcore BLACK 69
Fubuki ALPHA 60
UST Attas 60
Diamana Ilima 60

The BS was "ball speed" and not "back spin", I was confused at first too.

My honest opinion would be to take the free shaft and use the money for a pack of lessons. If you are hitting a 14* driver at launch angles in the single digits then a few lessons to learn to hit up on the ball at impact would make more of a difference than a shaft ever could.

If you buy a shaft now and then sometime down the road get lessons, you will end up needing to get new equipment or at least a new shaft when you fix the flaw.

UST Axivcore BLACK 69
Fubuki ALPHA 60
UST Attas 60
Diamana Ilima 60

Thank you for the suggestions on shafts. The "BS" refers to ball speed, not backspin. In reality though, "BS" should refer to my swing. :banghead: thanks again to everyone for the advice.

Does anyone have any experience with the Aldila NVS 65 Driver shaft?

I am looking for a new shaft for my driver, ideally something that will provide some assistance with getting the ball higher for a longer carry. According to the Aldila website this is one of their highest launching shafts?

Yes, it is a pretty high launch, high spin shaft - to me it has a good feel, responsive but not loose. I use it in a lot of my fittings because it is a lower cost option (pretty much has the same flex profile as the Diamana Blueboard).

I am looking for a new shaft for my driver, ideally something that will provide some assistance with getting the ball higher for a longer carry. According to the Aldila website this is one of their highest launching shafts?

Yes, it is a pretty high launch, high spin shaft - to me it has a good feel, responsive but not loose. I use it in a lot of my fittings because it is a lower cost option (pretty much has the same flex profile as the Diamana Blueboard).

Good feedback.

Manged to snap one up on Ebay for £45 including the Razr Fit adaptor, which seemed to be a pretty good price to me.

Looking forwa to getting it in my Razr Fit and seeing what sort of difference it makes.

I have. Kind of boardy so I didn't like the feel.
I'd suggest the Proforce Blues if your looking for a high launching driver shaft.
And they are cheap to boot!

I have. Kind of boardy so I didn't like the feel.
I'd suggest the Proforce Blues if your looking for a high launching driver shaft.
And they are cheap to boot!
Are you sure you're not confusing the Aldila NVS with the NV? The NVS is far from boardy. The Prolaunch Blue will 'feel' more boardy.

Are you sure you're not confusing the Aldila NVS with the NV? The NVS is far from boardy. The Prolaunch Blue will 'feel' more boardy.

Everyone's perspective of "feel" is different, its more than plausible that the NVS feels boardy to him. Everyone is different.

Everyone's perspective of "feel" is different, its more than plausible that the NVS feels boardy to him. Everyone is different.
I understand that. Never heard a stiffer butt, weaker tip, high torque shaft being called boardy. Ah well.

I understand that. Never heard a stiffer butt, weaker tip, high torque shaft being called boardy. Ah well.

Feel is subjective though.

Feel is subjective though.
Lol we can be going at this all day. I get it. I was just defining that it has the parameters of a softer feeling shaft. Thus, my point to see if he was confusing 2 shafts, similarly named.

Well I nabbed the NVS65 Stiff shaft cheap off Ebay - just too much of a steal to pass up to be honest. I have a driver fitting booked at a Callaway centre this Sunday so I am going to take it with, try it and see what the Pro's feedback is. If he tells me it's no good for my swing or suggests something better, I will stick it back on the bay and sell it off straight away.

From the reviews I have read on it though, the majority seem to like the shaft and everyone notes that it is a high launching shaft which is what I need to try and develop in my driver right now.

I,ve seen some HL project x irons on the bay for pretty cheap. Check it out

So I stuck the Aldila NVS65 stiff shaft in my Razr Fit and played with it today. It made a huge difference to the ball flight off the tee which in today's VERY windy conditions was probably not the best of setups in all honesty.

I will be getting numbers tomorrow during my driver fitting to see if it's the sort of ball flight I need or if it was perhaps a bit too high!?!?

So I stuck the Aldila NVS65 stiff shaft in my Razr Fit and played with it today. It made a huge difference to the ball flight off the tee which in today's VERY windy conditions was probably not the best of setups in all honesty.

I will be getting numbers tomorrow during my driver fitting to see if it's the sort of ball flight I need or if it was perhaps a bit too high!?!?
Are you using a 10.5* head at the closed setting to get it to 11.5*?

Did you try the standard and open settings to decrease the loft?

Are you using a 10.5* head at the closed setting to get it to 11.5*?

Did you try the standard and open settings to decrease the loft?

11.5 degree driver set to the closed position, do effectively 12.5.

I wanted to mess with the settings but was playing in a comp today so couldn't do that.

I'll be messing with settings and shafts tomorrow to find the ideal setup.

ages since i had an adjustable driver (r7) but I would have thought closing it would decrease the loft? Perhaps that's where I went wrong!

ages since i had an adjustable driver (r7) but I would have thought closing it would decrease the loft? Perhaps that's where I went wrong!

It seems backards to me too CR, but that is correct when you close the face you add loft.

I have an Attas Elements DK. It is the highest launching shaft I have ever played. In fact it is the first shaft that truly balloons on me. Feels fantastic though

Back