Recap - 2013 THP Texas Invitational by Callaway Golf

Congratulations all, sounds like everyone was a winner.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

Thanks for the write up and it sounds like another successful invitational. A big thanks to the zoo crew for all you do for THP and congrats to the winners.

On behalf of ScottyG, HashtagChad, and MattyGolfClub, I just want to thank JB, GolferEffingGal, and all of the THPers for having us out yesterday. We had a blast. We also invited Mike Rausch, a local teaching professional out, and Mike stayed all morning giving quick lessons on the range to whomever wanted them. Great people all around at the Texas Invitational. Can't wait until next year!

And since the #zoocrew is all about pushing the boundaries, acting like a newsroom and morning show, and continually improving, here's how the grading went:

Hospitality: A
Comraderie with THPers: A
Dinner at dive BBQ with JB & GG: A
Our stomachs the am after the BBQ dinner: C-
HashtagChad's coif under high rise XHot visor: A+
MattyGolfClub's 71 with 5 birdies in the gale: A
Hitting 120 yard AND 185 yard 8 irons: D, but also fun in a weird way
Forgetting to wear sunscreen: F-
THP guys riding back and hanging with us while we finished our round: A
Making a double on last hole of the day to shoot an 80 on the nose: F (but my unique talent is I shoot 80 everywhere, no matter what)
6.5 hour rounds: NI
Whataburger on way to airport: A+
TX DOT work around DFW: F- - -
Bus driver taking us to terminal even though he didnt have to: A+
Unexpected trip to LA: F-
Sasha driving us from LAX to SAN at 12:30am in 2 hours: A++
Kids jumping on my bed at 6:30 after 2.5 hours of sleep: A and F

Thanks again, everyone! Looking forward to seeing you all again "Rill Soon'" which is how they would say it in Texas!

What an effing blast! Props to THP, Callaway, and Nookie. Hats off fellas

Followed this event via Twitter posts and bits on here and sounds like evryone had a cracking time, looking forward to seeing more pics later

Congrats to the winners! Thanks to Callaway and THP for making this such a great event.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Congrats to the winners, and everyone lucky enough to attend. It sounds like there were no losers yesterday.

Callaway, thank you for being your awesome self. It's not just great technology that is going to make you #1 again, it's things like this.

Sounds like everyone had a good time and that's good to hear. Congrats to the winners and thanks to all that organized the event, I am going to have to make one of these events.

Sounds like a great start to the Invitational Series. Callaway really stepped up for THP and it is awesome that they came to the event. This just has me more excited about the NE one later in the year.

Congrats to all the winners! Seems like you guys had to overcome some tough winds to take home the win, nice work.

Let's see a pic of the callaway hats! What were the temps for the round?

The guys will have to post pics as I do not have one, but they are cool Bomb hats.

Congrats guys! What were the winning scores?

I think 171 or so was a winner.

On behalf of ScottyG, HashtagChad, and MattyGolfClub, I just want to thank JB, GolferEffingGal, and all of the THPers for having us out yesterday. We had a blast. We also invited Mike Rausch, a local teaching professional out, and Mike stayed all morning giving quick lessons on the range to whomever wanted them. Great people all around at the Texas Invitational. Can't wait until next year!

And since the #zoocrew is all about pushing the boundaries, acting like a newsroom and morning show, and continually improving, here's how the grading went:

Making a double on last hole of the day to shoot an 80 on the nose: F (but my unique talent is I shoot 80 everywhere, no matter what)

Thanks again, everyone! Looking forward to seeing you all again "Rill Soon'" which is how they would say it in Texas!

To quote the great Harry, he is a great story teller and never an exaggerator. Good post that sums up the weekend. And thanks for the new name for Morgan, GolferGal Effin Gal does have a nice right to it.

Sounds like an awesome weekend to me, thanks for the recap harry

Loving the recaps so far guys! Can't wait to hear more!

I just want to thank EVERYONE involved, from GG to JB,Cookie and several others.
The Callaway guys were an awesome group, they really changed my mind about the company.
I also want to give special shout outs to Bulldog for being my chauffeur so we didn't have to take so many vehicles around that crazy town!

Now to my teammate sepfeiff: This is one great guy. Even him being a low handicap and a total stranger until yesterday, he took time out before our round to work with me on issues I am having with my swing. It really payed off as I shot 13 shots lower than Fridays round and I hit many fairways. I really look forward to playing a few more rounds with you.
Kapsularian : A truly nice guy and a great player it was fun chit chatting with you as our round dragged on.

This is a special place guys, and you really won't realize it until you attend one of their events and get to meet everyone. I am so glad I was able to go and thanks to my wife for pinching pennies to allow me the opportunity.
My hat is off to everyone.

Congrats dude.

Sound's like y'all had a great day yesterday!!!

Congrats to the winners!

Glad to hear Callaway treated everyone amazingly and I am not surprised at all. It's awesome to see Harry an #ZooCrew had a great time and got to see what THP events are all about.

Sounds like a blast. Glad everyone had a good time and it is great of Callaway to do what they did. I can't wait to see some pics.

Sounds like everyone had a blast!! Great that Callaway boys are in on these things to a 100%! Congrats to the winners!!

Congrats to the winners and everyone who attended! Invitationals are special events and I strongly encourage attending if you can.

Big thanks to Callaway for not only sponsoring the event but attending and participating (and playing well)! Callaway's support of THP has been unbelievable here recently. Thanks!

Sounds like a great time. Love how Callaway kicked this season off. Thanks to everyone involved for your hard work and congrats to the winners. Well done guys

What a great weekend in Dallas, TX. Let me first start by thanking Nate and mcook77 (otherwise known as Nookie) for setting this up. Second, I want to thank TangleRidge for allowing us to use their golf course for 12 hours yesterday :D. Lastly, I want to thank each of the members that came out. I hope I got a second to say hello, fist bump or shake your hand and thank you for coming. It is because of you that we do these things and despite an issue out of ours (and yours) control, we saw a ton of smiles and people having a great time together.

Dinner last night was a blast as always. Jman, we need to talk about this RV a little bit. The food was good, the company was better and the evening is what makes these events special. Pkielwa (spelled wrong probably), thank you for the kind words last night. Those things go straight to our hearts and it means more than you know. To everybody we got to visit with, you amaze us. Its hard to put into words what a community like this is like, until someone attends a THP event. Its unlike others (Im not saying better or worse) and a lot of that has to do with the people here that go out of their way to come out and be with their online family.

To Callaway Golf, you didn't have to come to Texas. You did so because in your words, "We love your community and want to experience it like everybody else would". The members in attendance got to hang out with the people behind the brand, the people we are privileged to work with and experience something quite unique. Thank you for saying "yes" to our request on the prizes. Thank you for putting up some incredible prizes for everybody. And most of all, thank you for not only embracing what we have created with this series, but enjoying it.

Texas, you rock and a promise from me....We will be back!!!
You're welcome. It was sincere. It was a really great experience to enjoy such a great event and great people, and none of it would have happened if not for your site, passion, and hard work. Thanks again.

Don't worry west coast guys. California did pretty good in Texas. Just make sure a few more of you get out to Vegas this fall.

Thanks to everyone involved in this event. It was well worth the journey.

Sounds like an awesome time had by all. Congrats to the winners!

I'm even more excited about Ohio and my 1st THP event now.

Many thanks to JB, GolferGal, Nate and Cookie for putting this incredible event together, much gratitude to the Callaway Golf guys for sponsoring and participating in the event. It was nice to spend the weekend with a great group of golfers, this experience definitely opened my eyes to the fun and genuine camaraderie of the THP community. I highly recommend you join the next available THP sponsored event!

Now to my teammate sepfeiff: This is one great guy. Even him being a low handicap and a total stranger until yesterday, he took time out before our round to work with me on issues I am having with my swing. It really payed off as I shot 13 shots lower than Fridays round and I hit many fairways. I really look forward to playing a few more rounds with you.
Kapsularian : A truly nice guy and a great player it was fun chit chatting with you as our round dragged on.

Hotled deserves the majority of the credit for this win! He played low blazing drives all day, stayed out of trouble and managed his way around the course without getting too bent out of shape. I was lucky to draw him as a partner. It was a shame that Kapsularian's partner didn't make it to the tournament, he missed meeting a great player and a heck of a guy.

Safe travels for everyone going out of town, see you at the next one!

img_1179.jpg

That is a fine looking trophy!

what a tremendous looking trophy!

sounds like too much fun was had in Texas...
awesome job by THP and Callaway for what i'm sure was one hell of an experience, as usual.

looking forward to some pics and vids.

Congrats to Hotled, sepfeiff, and Kapsularian. Great round by all three of you. Second time this week that sepfeiff came out on top on the course. You are on fire brother.
What a great weekend. Got to hang out and play golf with a lot of fantastic folks this weekend. JB, GG, Callaway, and everyone that traveled infor the invitational, I just wanted to say thank you to all of you. Living here in Dallas and eveyone coming here was very special to me. I am glad that the weather cooperated and gave us some good Texas spring sunshine and wind. It was such a wonderful time. I really enjoyed Saturdays round with Pkielwa, ducmike, and Noline. Looking forward to the chance to tee it up again with you gentlemen. I had a fantastic time spending 6+ hours on the golf course with you all.
I have to say that I was spent Saturday when I finally made it home. Did not realize how tired I was until driving home after todays round. Saturdays wind and sun just reallly wiped me out. My wife told me that last night I looked like I was really hung over with the red face and the blood hot eyes. Todays round was not played nearly as well as yesterdays in the wind, but it was a great round with Nate, dtak, and bulldog. You three were a fun group to spend the day with. Looking forward to the next.

Back