SeeMore Putters Thread

I'm excited for you buddy, can't wait to hear how it works for you!

Yeah got a ton of time to kill today so will be tons of practice and hopefully 27 holes...albatross ftw!

Weather sucks here I should come down and play tomorrow

I should get my SeeMore next week, and then I'm leaving for South Africa, I'm thinking...maybe I'll the stick with me... :D I even might!

Got the seemore out for 33 holes today. Liked the feel of it, felt I hit a lot of putts on line today. Was over playing break way too much which cost me from making quite a few putts.

1 three putt for the day so that wasn't bad considering very few of the greens had been cut. The feel was more "solid" than my oddyssey so I couldnt feel the mishits like I can with it, but it may just take some getting used to.

Got the seemore out for 33 holes today. Liked the feel of it, felt I hit a lot of putts on line today. Was over playing break way too much which cost me from making quite a few putts.

1 three putt for the day so that wasn't bad considering very few of the greens had been cut. The feel was more "solid" than my oddyssey so I couldnt feel the mishits like I can with it, but it may just take some getting used to.

Sounds like you were putting a good roll on the ball. Slow greens are a killer for me, but helps if I lengthen my forward (follow) stroke.

Sounds like you were putting a good roll on the ball. Slow greens are a killer for me, but helps if I lengthen my forward (follow) stroke.

Yeah I'd say it was a decent first time out, certainly gonna try it again real soon

Yeah I'd say it was a decent first time out, certainly gonna try it again real soon

That's a ton of golf for the first time out this year. I'd be feeling it tomorrow, lol.

That's a ton of golf for the first time out this year. I'd be feeling it tomorrow, lol.

Lol I've played off and on this year, all about the exercise but man it got cold, legs feeling it now

I have a new one of these coming my way baby!!

Sounds like you are already improving. One 3 putt is awesome.

Man I need to get out and get the m3 out on the course!

Sounds like you are already improving. One 3 putt is awesome.

Man I need to get out and get the m3 out on the course!

That's about my norm, with the conditions not putting much stock in it, looking forward to some warmer drier greens to roll it on

That's about my norm, with the conditions not putting much stock in it, looking forward to some warmer drier greens to roll it on

Don't steal my thunder. I was giving you some good props buddy! Haha. It's all good, we need to get put some more this year pre MC and get you and Danny boy and Team Albatross the Cup!

Don't steal my thunder. I was giving you some good props buddy! Haha. It's all good, we need to get put some more this year pre MC and get you and Danny boy and Team Albatross the Cup!

I like the sounds of that!

Just bought my first ever SeeMore (bought a FGP new off the bay for $100).

Can't wait for this to show up so I can take it for a roll!

Any suggested drills etc to test it out with (I've never had much of a putting practice routine, just rolling balls at random cups on the practice green)

So stoked!!!

Any suggested drills etc to test it out with (I've never had much of a putting practice routine, just rolling balls at random cups on the practice green)

So stoked!!!

Jman has been talking a bit about an easy drill, and also John Higgins @ SeeMore suggested this for me while we for going trough my set up for the Morgan Cup!

No thumbs drill. Normal address, normal stroke, but just take your thumbs of the grip. See what it does! I'll put a link of the video Jman made when I find it!

Found it:

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...sting-Review&p=1591283&viewfull=1#post1591283

As always, each new review post will include links to my previous one's in the "Reference Link" section, all links are listed within the spoiler tag for the sake of de-cluttering.

REFERENCE LINKS:
Spoiler

• Initial Thoughts/Process: CLICK HERE
  • Pre SPi Putting Breakdown: CLICK HERE
  • SeeMore mSeries Fitting PART 1: CLICK HERE
  • SeeMore mSeries Fitting PART 2: CLICK HERE
  • Stance Evolution and Medicine Ball Aid: CLICK HERE
  • Round 1, 2, and 3 General Rundown: CLICK HERE
  • Round 4 Rundown and mFGP2 Thoughts: CLICK HERE
  • Round 5 Rundown: CLICK HERE
  • Round 6/7 and Stance Drill: CLICK HERE
  • Round 8 Rundown and mFGP2 Thoughts: CLICK HERE
  • Round 9 Rundown: CLICK HERE
  • Round 10 and Practice Rundown: CLICK HERE
  • Round 11 Rundown: CLICK HERE
  • Round 12 Rundown: CLICK HERE
  • Round 13 Rundown: CLICK HERE
  • Round 14 Rundown

LOOK MA, NO THUMBS!!!
:

So, this one is going to be different to say the least, I apologize now for the corny line above but hey, gotta keep it light-hearted right?

OK, if you've been reading the conversations that have been going on in this kick butt review thread the last few days then you undoubtedly will recall we had a bit of a conversation on forward pressing and the SPi method. I myself have always stayed away form and disliked forward pressing because all you are doing is providing yourself a different loft on your putter when you roll the ball and thusly you get a different roll almost all the time whether you realize it or not. I truly believe there is no way you can make sure that your forward press is the exact same every time (as to say, you can't know you are delofting your putter by 2* every single stroke, its going to vary and could be much lower or less).

I digress though, Duey made the point in here that he used to use his forward press as a kind of "trigger" to let the stroke go each time. That, I can understand as I actually kind of do that with my iron swing. This made me instantly think of a drill that I've been doing and the fact that I've actually been using that drill as a "trigger" of my own. I'm getting ahead of myself though. I'm going to first talk about the drill/trigger in type and then put up a couple of videos I took today that way those who can't watch the video can still read about it all.

THE "DRILL":

When I went down and got fit for my mFGP2 by Brady one of the biggest struggles I had then and even for a while after was making sure I let my shoulders do the work and allow the club head to open and close on its own without letting my hands into play too much. Brady had me spend some extended time on the putting green getting setup to the ball as I would and then roll the putts with my (then new) SPi grip...but with no thumbs on the grip thus forcing me to use the shoulder rock to keep "control" of the putter and to let it flow on its path.

At first this felt really awkward because I had been letting my thumbs almost "steer" the putter without realizing I was doing such. By taking them off I felt like I had no control over the head at all, but 20-30 putts later it had helped me to just trust the shoulder rock and let the putter head work. The difference of roll on the ball from the beginning of the fitting to the end after ingraining letting the shoulders work with no thumbs on the putter was really night and day, even Brady got a bit excited about it I think. This is one of those things that he has even chimed in here and in emails to me to go practice some more and has really been a major part of my practice routine. I always start with no thumbs and then after some time resume with thumbs on.

All this is something I never thought about writing/typing about until Duey started talking about using forward press as a trigger and I instantly felt dumb for having not talked about this yet. Why? Because this drill has actually become my pre-putt trigger! Its one of those things I do now that I really and truly think could help a LOT of guys who are used to having that "thing" that tells them its time to pull the trigger and I've been using it without ever thinking about it!

Early on I struggled with stubbing my putter on the start of my stroke because I was still battling hands vs shoulders in my stroke. Brady told me to use the no-thumbs on the course to prevent that. I thought he was crazy until he told me to go through my routine as normal, make my reads, step in, set-up, but when I get set and take my last look down the line to simply lift my thumbs off and when I'm ready they go back on and the stoke goes then. Its my "trigger" and something I've done for a long time now.

Hopefully the videos below will explain and answer questions about what I'm rambling on about!

Part One:
[video=youtube_share;MUzA-SzDqYQ]http://youtu.be/MUzA-SzDqYQ[/video]

Part Two:

CLOSING THOUGHTS:

I feel dumb for not talking about this earlier! That said, I really do think the drill can help those trying/using the SeeMore method and I truly feel like it could be a tremendous "trigger' for those that are used to having one as it give you that feeling, just without the forward press that messes up the loft of the putter. It won't be for everyone, but I still think its worth talking about and showing. That said, feel free to pelt any questions/thoughts at me and I'll do my best to answer them for you all!

Thanks for that, I can't wait to try this out as soon as the club arrives!

So stoked!!!

Here are some:

triangulator drill:

Speed of greens drill from Tadashi70:

Putting drill with Chris Knoblach: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iIX_dKa0iU

Some links to videos posted by JB:

Ball position:

My instructor spent a lot of time getting my grip so that my fingers held the club. I can basically take my thumbs off and still putt as well.
Here is a picture of this. I know it's left-hand low, but if you reverse it, the fingers should hold the club pretty much the same way.

There is so much info on these threads! Keep reading & asking questions!

Hope this helps! Enjoy it!

So I have played about 5 rounds with my new SeeMore. Still getting used to alignment on longer putts. I'm going to try some of the drills posted and the info on the company's website and videos, but I am liking the putter. However, I have improved dramatically on short putts, say 5 feet and in. I am much more consistent with this putter up close than others and that alone has been worth the change.

So I have played about 5 rounds with my new SeeMore. Still getting used to alignment on longer putts. I'm going to try some of the drills posted and the info on the company's website and videos, but I am liking the putter. However, I have improved dramatically on short putts, say 5 feet and in. I am much more consistent with this putter up close than others and that alone has been worth the change.

I like what I'm hearing! I should, I should within 48 hours have my first SeeMore in my hands, and I'm going to be rolling that as soon as I get it!

So I might have heard the black stealth PTM3 will be in this week....

Expect a "what did you buy today" post later this week. : )

Back