Oban Shafts Booth - 2013 PGA Show

I'd love to get one of the new Kiyoshi's in my hands. Oban makes a heck of a product.

It's not new, but if I am able to get my Kiyoshi Black 65 05 910 tipped before I head to Dallas, you are more than welcome to cut away with mine.

It's not new, but if I am able to get my Kiyoshi Black 65 05 910 tipped before I head to Dallas, you are more than welcome to cut away with mine.
That's one heck of an offer!!!

I'd love to take some swings with it Jeff, gracias buddy!

That's one heck of an offer!!!

My bag is always everyone else's bag at these outings.

I'd love to take some swings with it Jeff, gracias buddy!

No prob. I am going to try to get to Columbia to get it tipped early next week, so it is ready for Dallas. I'm really interested to see what the Kiyoshi Black is all about and compare it to my other two shafts.

Great quality shafts. Also like how the graphics/paint stand out but not to the point of annoying.

About to try some Kiyoshi purples in my Xhot Pro woods and devotions in hybrids.

Some swing changes have caused the need for a bit more launch, so hoping the purples will fill the need.

Will report back.

Oh my! Now this would be sweet! How old is it?

Oh my! Now this would be sweet! How old is it?

New to me. I bought it off BigLeftyInAZ in the market place a couple weeks ago. Looks great. Just needs a 910 tip for my driver and its good to go.

Good news. My guy has 913 adapters in stock and will be installing my Kiyoshi Black 65 05 next Monday. The Oban gets to make the trip to Dallas! Anyone wanting to hit it in the 910D2 is more than free to do so. Really excited to swing this shaft.

Great news Jeff!

the kiyoshi's play a little firm to flex in my experience

Anybody hit the White?

My first weekend with the Kiyoshi Black and I am very happy thus far. This shaft is just amazingly smooth and feels good from start to finish. I was playing my 910 8.5* at 9.25* and was stoked with the ball flight I was getting and the distance I was seeing.

My first weekend with the Kiyoshi Black and I am very happy thus far. This shaft is just amazingly smooth and feels good from start to finish. I was playing my 910 8.5* at 9.25* and was stoked with the ball flight I was getting and the distance I was seeing.

Do you think it plays true to flex or a bit stiff?

Harry Arnett had the Kiyoshi Black in his X Hot driver in Dallas. I have been reading up on that combo a lot since he talked about how great it was for him. So Jeff is your ball flight lower with the Black in it? What shaft did you have before?

Do you think it plays true to flex or a bit stiff?

I'm thinking the same thing, in the Devotion I think. I'm a mess right now haha

I'm thinking the same thing, in the Devotion I think. I'm a mess right now haha

Haha. I am an absolute wreck. The Kiyoshi White has my attention. I just don't know enough about these shafts and it is amazing how little info is out there.

The Kiyoshi Black 65 X felt near identical to my Fuji Speeder 7.1 X, but with a little higher ball flight. The tip in the Black feels a little softer to me. When I hit it well, it was a bomber. I really like the feel of this shaft much more than the B. Asha and initial impressions are, it's just as smooth as my Speeder, which I would have never imagined.

I think the Devotion will be much stiffer than the Kiyoshi Black. At least from what I have read. I think if you were going to roll with a Devo, you would want it paired up with a higher lofted driver.

It sounds like the white should be very similar to the black but with a softer butt section?

I really wish I would have got on the LM and got some #'s between Kiyoshi Black vs B. Asha vs Speeder. Was too hungover and just wanted to strike a ball without falling over. Lol. But, of the three I have now, if I were spending my money for feel and what I saw initially, it's Kiyoshi Black, hands down. Wish I knew more on the White line to help out. Sorry. But I don't think mine plays stiffer to flex, FWIW.

The white, black and purple all have similar flights, it's hard to tell between the two. I hit and watch Matty H from Callaway hit his 8.5 Xhot pro this weekend. He hit high and I hit mid. I hit the purple and black with a 10.5 xhot pro mid/high

The white, black and purple all have similar flights, it's hard to tell between the two. I hit and watch Matty H from Callaway hit his 8.5 Xhot pro this weekend. He hit high and I hit mid. I hit the purple and black with a 10.5 xhot pro mid/high

Do you think it plays stiffer than flex?

Freddie, what's the difference between the black and purple? Seems like the exact same shaft except for 1g in weight?

I'm using a Tour proto on my covert. It seems a little bit stiffer than its S flex to me fwiw...

But just DAMN!, what a shaft!!!!!

Last edited:
Back