New Aerial Camera being tested!!

Texasbrons

FXDF FatBobs Rule!!
Reaction score
Handicap
My Mouth!!
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...75165816799.100306.41451951799&type=1&theater

http://network.yardbarker.com/golf/...the_hover_fly_aerial_camera_picvideo/13181527

Golf channel is testing a new aerial camera. Thoughts?

I think it's cool. I also think there will be a learning curve for the players to get used to it though. If you've ever paid attention to the blimp, that thing can be loud as heck and I would think that it is a distraction. I would think that the aerial camera was brought in close to the player for a photo op and that it would generally be a lot further away from the player and probably a lot higher up. And if you've ever heard the chop of a helicopter, you know that they are a lot noisier than the props on a plane or blimp. That may be mitigated by the size/weight of the device as well as the number of props keeping it aloft. It will cool to see where this goes and what the players think of it. Over time it will become the norm, I think, and will just be something that will be easy to block out once you do get used to it.

The first time I saw that I thought of Call of Duty 2. It looks pretty cool.

man, it does look like something out of a video game

Looks like a drone! Or it is a drone. Are they going to use this for network coverage? Does seem like it could be distracting. Seeing that in your backswing would be really distracting.

That sound is awful, WTC are they thinking? Tiger's caddie will be carrying a shotgun to quiet those suckers.

Very crazy, I wonder how much noise it makes and how annoying it is to golfers!

That must be LOUD. I can't imagine letting that thing fly around a tournament.

That's what I was thinking. Having been to a couple of Tour events with a blimp, I don't feel that would be an issue. Even as a spectator, the blimp noise didn't come to me mind unless I saw a shadow across the ground and then I would look up. Crowd movements would be more distracting to most Pro's than an thing I would think. This hover camera looks a little odd to me, but I haven't seen any video from it yet. I would think that if it's not TO loud, they could position it say 8 to 10 feet above and behind the golfer, so it's not a distraction.

Finally we get some upskirt shots of Sandra Gal at LPGA events!

Cant wait for the first guy to hit one with a golf ball!

These aren't the drones you're looking for!!!

The first time I saw that I thought of Call of Duty 2. It looks pretty cool.

LMAO - That was my first thought as well - are they paying golf or is this a new scene from COD:BLOPS2 :)

Those look pretty awesome. If they find a way to keep them quiet it will be great.

Actually illegal. I've read a couple of discussions that this is operated under the same FAA regs as radio controlled aircraft. Apparently those regs specifically prohibit using R/C aircraft for commercial purposes - hobbyist/amateur only. Golf Channel has most likely set the operator of the aircraft up for a Cease and Desist from the FAA. Be interesting to see if it happens, as apparently a number of R/C operators who tried to use their aircraft for commercial purposes have already been shut down.

Look at Hashtag Chad getting the press with his video. He loves that Vine!

If that's what it really sounds like, there's no way we'll be seeing that in use during competitive rounds.

Back