Did I get screwed with my new shafts?

HandyManny

This Is Paradise
Reaction score
Hey THP'ers,

So I just picked up my irons today that I had reshafted with KBS Tour shafts. Well everything looked really solid when I picked them up. I only got my 4-7 irons reshafted for the moment. Well when I got home I noticed that the shaft that was previously used in a 4 iron was now in my 5 iron and the others had been mixed up also! I don't know why my pro shop did this because it was clearly labeled on the shaft for which it should be used on. I'm a very worried because I don't know how they are going to react once I hit them. They are the same length as I had my other shafts but I'm just worried because I have heard of Hard stepping & Soft stepping and know this can change your ball results.

Please, someone help me and let me know what I should do. I want to call tomorrow and ask why this was done. I just want to know what to expect. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you THP.

Respectfully, Manny M.

Doesnt sound right at all. Do the lengths make sense? Like, are they progressively shorter from 4i on down?

Doesnt sound right at all. Do the lengths make sense? Like, are they progressively shorter from 4i on down?

Yea they are on that part.

Manny,

specifically, which shaft (as labeled) is in which club?

All I know is the 4 iron is in the 5. The others had stickers but are off now

All I know is the 4 iron is in the 5. The others had stickers but are off now

Can you snap a photo of the whole group together, and then a zoomed in photo of the irons level at the ferrules showing about halfway up the shaft?

sounds like you got shafted.. a call to whomever did this is definitely in order. I would be very angry if that happened to me :angry:

I would not hit them just yet. Take the shafts back to the shop, explain your concern and have them measure out each length. If the length is off then they should reshaft them properly.

Can you snap a photo of the whole group together, and then a zoomed in photo of the irons level at the ferrules showing about halfway up the shaft?

Yea ill do that ASAP. What's the worst that could happen right now?

Yea ill do that ASAP. What's the worst that could happen right now?

The point I'll get across is that the first 'step' in the shaft should get slightly further away from the ferrule/head as you get closer to your longest iron. If that's not the case, I'd argue they are scrambled and need to be redone.

The point I'll get across is that the first 'step' in the shaft should get slightly further away from the ferrule/head as you get closer to your longest iron. If that's not the case, I'd argue they are scrambled and need to be redone.

Ok. Ill make sure to check them out when I get back home. Ill post a pic of them.

Here are the pics I took.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363761710.933144.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363761742.374817.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363761757.276963.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363761765.855291.jpg

The shafts that don't have grips are the 4 that got reshafted. The length looks ok to me but I'm worried about performance & anything else that could happen.

I'm trying to understand what exactly is going on here as well. Do you have 3-9i shafts in your 4-PW?

Did you ask for them hard or soft stepped in any directin?

This. Sounds like they soft stepped them. It is done if you are between flexes

I'm trying to understand what exactly is going on here as well. Do you have 3-9i shafts in your 4-PW?

No sir, I have 4-7 that I got reshafted and the wise guy put the 4 iron shaft In the 5 iron head. The 5 iron shaft in the 7 iron head. The 6 is in the 6. And the 7 iron shaft in the 4 iron head.

Did you ask for them hard or soft stepped in any directin?

No sir, all I stated to the guy was the 4 iron shaft already has a grip on it I told him it was for a 4 iron. Nothing more or less.

Here is a photo of the 7 iron shaft as you can tell by the number. It's in the 4 iron head.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363797029.213536.jpg

I'm so pissed off and don't know how I'm going to react if this guy tries to blame it on me. I am on good terms with the manager so hopefully he will fix it if the rookie can't! If not ill go to the owner.
I'm just worried they will say that they can't compensate me because I brought the shafts to them, and didn't buy from them. They might pull up some bogus rule.

Here is a photo of the 7 iron shaft as you can tell by the number. It's in the 4 iron head.
View attachment 8563

I'm so pissed off and don't know how I'm going to react if this guy tries to blame it on me. I am on good terms with the manager so hopefully he will fix it if the rookie can't! If not ill go to the owner.
I'm just worried they will say that they can't compensate me because I brought the shafts to them, and didn't buy from them. They might pull up some bogus rule.

I'm can't imagine it will be a problem, the shafts were marked, and any club builder should be able to tell the difference by looking at the shafts. Just go in and say the shafts were installed wrong, I'm sure they will pull then and reinstall them. They didn't cut the shafts right?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Based on the picture, the KBS shafts are .355 taper tip - your Ci-11s (assuming that is what is pictured) are .370 tip - did they use brass shims? Also, if they are taper tip and were configured by GG as you report, then the shafts are now worthless for you.

I got them from a fellow awesome THP'er!

Back