NASCAR 2013 Season Threads

Well, good to see a crappy finish. Not a fun 500. On the bright side, McDowell got a great finish and he gave a shout out to one of our own! Way to go man!

The end of today's race, insanity. Denny Hamlin hurt as well on a last lap crash. Turn on FOX, cause it's going crazy, Stewart and Logano get in a fist fight as well.

This race. SO MUCH WIN. I hope Denny is okay though.

Finally a decent race!

Joey Logano is not making any friends.

Joey Logano is not making any friends.

I don't understand why Stewart is pissed? He blocks him on the restart, the guy's leading the race! You're not just gonna let him fly by you without a fight, and it was a clean block as well.

I don't understand why Stewart is pissed? He blocks him on the restart, the guy's leading the race! You're not just gonna let him fly by you without a fight, and it was a clean block as well.

I think the issue is that no room was given. Logano was going to wreck Stewart if Stewart didn't give room.

I can't wait to see Logano in the wall crying. He deserves everything that's coming his way.

I think the issue is that no room was given. Logano was going to wreck Stewart if Stewart didn't give room.

I can't wait to see Logano in the wall crying. He deserves everything that's coming his way.

So everyone should just get out of Stewart's way on a restart? Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. Tony always find something or someone that bothers him.

The problem with Logano is that he cries all the time about the same things he ends up doing to others.

So everyone should just get out of Stewart's way on a restart? Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. Tony always find something or someone that bothers him.

No. But I think there should've been more respect given. Don't put someone in the grass. If it were me, I would've wrecked Joey right then and there or given him a nice boost going into 1.

I agree. He's a crybaby.

Agree with this. Logano has just as much right to the bottom as Tony. If Tony were in front he would have done the same damn thing. All that crap after the race by Tony was classless.

The wreck at the end was Logano's fault, however, and he has no excuses. I'm not a Hamlin fan, but he did give plenty of room and Logano just wrecked them both.

He threw a block, he didn't wreck Stewart. They played a replay with sound and Stewart didn't have his foot off the gas until halfway through turn 1. He did nothing wrong in my opinion.

Agree with this. Logano has just as much right to the bottom as Tony. If Tony were in front he would have done the same damn thing. All that crap after the race by Tony was classless.

The wreck at the end was Logano's fault, however, and he has no excuses. I'm not a Hamlin fan, but he did give plenty of room and Logano just wrecked them both.

This is correct. He lost the race and rattled Hamlins cage pretty hard with that wreck. That's the kind of stuff that can get people killed.

Logano should have just been happy with second instead of wrecking himself.

Living the fact JR had started off hot. Let's see if he can get a W at the paperclip.

Whoop.....here we go. Looks like Nascar ( and those darn "judgement calls" ) are after Brad K. and Logano this time. They were pissed at Brad's comments with USAToday and Logano has brought some bad press with his feuds.

And if Kyle Busch keeps winning I wouldn't be surprised if something is "found" on that end too. We just can't have those Toyota's winning too many races. No. That's not good. I think it was in 2007 when Nascar went after Toyota because Toyota built a better engine with a few more HP's than the other cars. Toyota didn't break any rules, they just built a damn good engine and were winning races and Nascar went after them out of "fairness". Yet the year before, Chevy had won like 2/3rds of the races and everything was "fair" THAT year. LOL.

Nascar is so damn transparent in their bias you just have to laugh. All these years I've watched them destroy little teams over extremely minor things but give a sweet slap to certain big teams.

If you don't believe that...that's fine. It's entertainment. Lots of folks buy those WWE tickets too. LOL.

Whoop.....here we go. Looks like Nascar ( and those darn "judgement calls" ) are after Brad K. and Logano this time. They were pissed at Brad's comments with USAToday and Logano has brought some bad press with his feuds.

And if Kyle Busch keeps winning I wouldn't be surprised if something is "found" on that end too. We just can't have those Toyota's winning too many races. No. That's not good. I think it was in 2007 when Nascar went after Toyota because Toyota built a better engine with a few more HP's than the other cars. Toyota didn't break any rules, they just built a damn good engine and were winning races and Nascar went after them out of "fairness". Yet the year before, Chevy had won like 2/3rds of the races and everything was "fair" THAT year. LOL.

Nascar is so damn transparent in their bias you just have to laugh. All these years I've watched them destroy little teams over extremely minor things but give a sweet slap to certain big teams.

If you don't believe that...that's fine. It's entertainment. Lots of folks buy those WWE tickets too. LOL.

It's a privately owned entity and they answer to no one. That's the problem.

It's a privately owned entity and they answer to no one. That's the problem.

Yep. Any they keep everybody in line through scare tactics. The press is afraid to question too much for fear of having their credentials taken away. The same thing happens with the Masters in golf. You talk or question too much then you're out.

And most everyone on all the teams (save a few one car teams) make quite a bit of money to have a VERY comfortable lifestyle so they don't want to rock the boat too much either. Gee...that's like golf too now that I think about it. LOL.

In a drivers meeting a few years back (I think it was when the "phantom debris" cautions were being talked about) Nascar pretty much told the drivers to not dis the sport because everyone is making money. Now, those debris cautions are just par for the course with all the drivers and teams planning for it. Tony Stewart calls them "entertainment cautions". The TV teams don't even try to make up for it anymore.

The Chase is the biggest gimmick that Nascar has going. It was done to try to compete with the NFL in the fall. It's amazing how far Nascar has fallen in the last 10 years. Nascar stopped giving out attendance figures this year because it was pretty ugly last year. Even Talladega is losing out.

YES SIR! BOOM! Over.....get this.....3 GRAMS OF WEIGHT. That's right kiddos. From Jayski.com:

"TRD Statment on #20 penalties: TRD Statement: "During NASCAR's routine post-race tear down of Matt Kenseth's race-winning car and engine from Kansas Speedway, one of our engine connecting rods weighed in approximately three grams under the legal minimum weight of 525 grams. None of the other seven connecting rods were found to be under the minimum weight. We take full responsibility for this issue with the engine used by the #20 Joe Gibbs Racing (JGR) team this past Sunday in Kansas -- JGR is not involved in the process of selecting parts or assembling the Cup Series engines. It was a simple oversight on TRD's part and there was no intent to deceive, or to gain any type of competitive advantage. Toyota is a company that was built on integrity, and that remains one of the guiding principles of the company. The goal of TRD has always been -- and will continue to be -- to build high-performance engines that are reliable, durable and powerful, and within the guidelines established by NASCAR."(TRD)(4-24-2013) "

This means the top two teams that could compete and knock off the Hendrick chaps have now had the book thrown at them. Here's a good article:

http://www.frontstretch.com/tbowles/42922/

Here is what I said April 14:

"And if Kyle Busch keeps winning I wouldn't be surprised if something is "found" on that end too. We just can't have those Toyota's winning too many races. No. That's not good. I think it was in 2007 when Nascar went after Toyota because Toyota built a better engine with a few more HP's than the other cars. Toyota didn't break any rules, they just built a damn good engine and were winning races and Nascar went after them out of "fairness". Yet the year before, Chevy had won like 2/3rds of the races and everything was "fair" THAT year. LOL."

Is there any wonder why Nascar is dying a slow death? Man I wish I could be the Grand Marshall at the next "race". LOL

Back