Titleist 913 Drivers

Gianna that second set of #'s is stellar! I can't believe you won a perfect match, the probability seems crazy low.

Hj good to see some more love on these clubs.

I was hitting the rip phenom 70 at about 240 avg. carry and about 14-15 degrees and the spin was kinda low for me at about 2200, as Im usually a high spin player per my swing- fast tempo and fast transition from the top, the low spin rate perplexed me. I was hitting the rip 60 a at about 250 avg carry and average launch 15 - 16 and spin was about 3000. The phenom felt great, but the biggest difference between the shafts was my swing speed. I was hitting the rip 60 5-6 mph faster about 102 avg. ss and the phenom about 95 avg. ss. The rip 60 which I played last year had better dispersion for me as well. I think the heavier weight affected my swing speed. Both are great shafts and Im most likely staying with the rip 60 a. I not tried the whiteboard D+ yet but have hit the the Diamana Ahina last year in the 910 and it was very straight but felt very stiff like I couldnt load it as well as the rip or the Kali. I tried the blue S+ in stiff and x stiff and wasnt hitting either well. I also hit the px 70 6.0 and it was also very straight but too low launching. So I think Im pulling the trigger on the 913 D2 9.5 rip 60 a stiff- flex. Im headed back tomorrow and will try both shafts again and pick one up.

I was hitting the rip phenom 70 at about 240 avg. carry and about 14-15 degrees and the spin was kinda low for me at about 2200, as Im usually a high spin player per my swing- fast tempo and fast transition from the top, the low spin rate perplexed me. I was hitting the rip 60 a at about 250 avg carry and average launch 15 - 16 and spin was about 3000. The phenom felt great, but the biggest difference between the shafts was my swing speed. I was hitting the rip 60 5-6 mph faster about 102 avg. ss and the phenom about 95 avg. ss. The rip 60 which I played last year had better dispersion for me as well. I think the heavier weight affected my swing speed. Both are great shafts and Im most likely staying with the rip 60 a. I not tried the whiteboard D+ yet but have hit the the Diamana Ahina last year in the 910 and it was very straight but felt very stiff like I couldnt load it as well as the rip or the Kali. I tried the blue S+ in stiff and x stiff and wasnt hitting either well. I also hit the px 70 6.0 and it was also very straight but too low launching. So I think Im pulling the trigger on the 913 D2 9.5 rip 60 a stiff- flex. Im headed back tomorrow and will try both shafts again and pick one up.

Try the d+ if you can although the 72g shaft may not suite you if the 70g rip didn't nor the ahina. I thought thought the rip60 was too soft for me and didn't get the numbers I was looking for.

I believe the rip has a lower torque number and should be stiffer but felt like I overloaded/powered it and couldn't get it to release right for me and my swing speed with the 72g white board was like 103-105.

Went out for a round for only the fourth time since I got my driver 913D2 blueboard. This club is dreamy...was averaging around 260, straight as arrow. Was really surprised that I had zero slice in ball flight, an occasional slight fade. The sound is really good, feel on the sweet spot is addictive. I dont know much about shafts but i think the blueboard marries well with the D2 as you can feel where your ball strikea are, it doent feel whippy at all either.

I just look down at this club and it just inspires confidence for me. Plus the head cover just looks so bad ass I feel great whenever I pull for the driver.

Fwiw, I had a ping g20 before I got this club.

Hey man, I've decided to go with with the same driver setup as you. Can't wait. I agree with you - it's a really solid combo. I was mighty impressed with how the club and shaft felt. I love everything about the 913. Classic shape, performs and no stupid gimmicks like so many other drivers on the market.

My amp cell was launching too high and cobra reps said my only option was buying another shaft. Decided I'm selling it instead and hit drivers from all manufacturers.

Love what's out there, but one driver outperformed. 913 d3 8.5 with phenom.

I've never owned a titleist driver but the numbers were insane on track an.

148 ball speed, 16 degree launch at 1900 rpm. My miss is a hook, and I had trouble turning this over.

I wasn't convinced so I demo'd one and played 18. Best driving of my career. I've hit longer, but never that straight before. 1 yard fades.

That did it. Still shocked I bought a titleist, but its now in the bag.

I have a 910D2 with the stock Kai'li shaft in a stiff flex (I'll add that I was fit for this shaft) and I tried the 913D2 with my shaft in as a good comparison and I was seeing around 6-9 yards increase with my current driver over the newer model, with spin practically the same (100rpm either side) and my smash factor was consistent. With the info I found, the 910D2 won't be leaving my bag anytime soon. That's not to say the 913D2 isn't a great driver, it just isn't as good as the 910D2 (based on my findings).

Try the d+ if you can although the 72g shaft may not suite you if the 70g rip didn't nor the ahina. I thought thought the rip60 was too soft for me and didn't get the numbers I was looking for.

I believe the rip has a lower torque number and should be stiffer but felt like I overloaded/powered it and couldn't get it to release right for me and my swing speed with the 72g white board was like 103-105.
Im going this week and picking one up, still leaning toward the rip 60 shaft but Im going to try the phenom again and the D+. Ive played the rip 60 all last season and Im somewhat comfortable with it that may be why Im favoring it. I completely agree with it not feeling as stiff as its torque is listed 2.9 even lower than the D+ which I believe is 3.3. Im seeing more distance with the rip 60, but losing some control at times so I hope to find something that will give me that and distance. I may opt for a custom shaft.

I picked up a 913 D2 9.5 w/ Aldila Rip 60 a. I went with the rip as I have been most comfortable with it. I am looking around at some custom shafts to try out to tweak a little more control and maybe distance out of this club. The rip 60 won out after I also hit the phenom 70 very well also just a tad higher than the rip 60.

When I went to have my Oban 910/913 tipped, my guy down there told me (quietly) that if I wanted to get a 913 head only, to let him know, that he can get them from Titleist. I would by lying if I said my ears didn't perk up a little and that I wasn't considering it just a little bit.

When I went to have my Oban 910/913 tipped, my guy down there told me (quietly) that if I wanted to get a 913 head only, to let him know, that he can get them from Titleist. I would by lying if I said my ears didn't perk up a little and that I wasn't considering it just a little bit.

You would think if this were available to the general public it would be more well known. I guess your guy has some connections?

You would think if this were available to the general public it would be more well known. I guess your guy has some connections?

Dunno, dude. He just seems to really like me. I asked about Red Ties and next thing I knew, I had Red and White Ties in my hand and a full blown discussion going on about Black Ties. Dude is legit and knows his crap.

@JeffReedMO how do you like the 913H? Can you compare it to what you were playing previously? Thanks

@JeffReedMO how do you like the 913H? Can you compare it to what you were playing previously? Thanks

Pretty limited thus far and it only got pulled a couple of times in Texas and weather here has been bloody awful going on a month and a half now. I was playing an Adam's a12 before this and I like the feel and feedback of the 913H a little better. The 913 just has a sweet sound when hit well. The a12 was a bad a** and I hated getting rid of that club, but I made some changes in my bag and needed something more along the lines of this loft. Like I said, my experience thus far is pretty limited, as it went into the bag just 3 weeks ago. I'll add some thoughts as I get more range and course time.

Cool thanks man. Pretty curious about it as I'm contemplating adding a 3 hybrid to the bag.

Let us know how you go with it.

THP review will be up soon. Testing completed.

Looking forward to this, I was/am a huge fan of the 910 line, but havent spent much time with this one yet.

I'll be interested to hear how you like this one JB.

Looking forward to seeing the review, just based on my experiences with this one I think the review will be very positive.

This is a good looking driver, I will have to hit one soon. I have not found anything that will kick my 905s with UST proforce V2 out the bag, old trusty that I keep going back to.

I'm actually REALLY eager to read this one.

Over time I've gotten more and more of an itch to hit either the 910 or 913 line, I truly have.

I for one am absolutely loving this driver! Have yet to get it on the course but had it to the range a few times and love the feedback I am getting. Spin rate and launch angke have been nothing short of optimal. Still would like to try some of the other shaft offerings but for now I am happy with the RIP 70 that is in it. Looking forward to hearing the thoughts of whomever tested this.

I am very interested in this review. Not really looking to or think I need to switch to the 913, but probably would if the price was right for me. Still digging my 910D2 after a couple of years and I am just in no rush to upgrade.

Back