Cobra AMP CELL Hybrids & Fairway Woods Preview

I'm going 2 FW's and 1 hybrid. A little iffy on which hybrid and part of that depends on the irons to me. But I will have the 3-4 wood and the 5-7. Might crank the 5-7 wood up to 20 degrees and then play the hybrid at 23.

This is what I think I am going to do as well. Not sure what the 4 iron loft is in the cell pros though.

that would be a great looking combination. I'm interested in trying those KK graphite iron shafts as well.

The Kuro Kage shafts are on my shortlist as well as the PXi's. For the hybrids I thought for sure I would go VTS silver again but with the 75 offered and not the 85 I am thinking maybe the Kuro Kage or Matrix offerings.

I'm loving all this pondering, and even though it's making me second guess myself, it's great info and discussion to have for sure!

I like all the set-up pondering going on. I am going to have a boat load of headcovers in the bag this year I think. Right now I could see 2 fairways and 3 hybrids in the bag.
I can't wait to see your final setup!
I mean 3/4w, 5/7w, 2/3h and 4/5h.
I've pondered that only 3/4h instead of 4/5h!
that would be a great looking combination. I'm interested in trying those KK graphite iron shafts as well.
I'd really like to try them as well!!!

The Kuro Kage shafts are on my shortlist as well as the PXi's. For the hybrids I thought for sure I would go VTS silver again but with the 75 offered and not the 85 I am thinking maybe the Kuro Kage or Matrix offerings.

once again we are in the same boat. I thought about getting that shaft because I really liked it in my J40, but I'm not going to. I'm going to try something different. I will probably go Kai'li or RIP Alpha in the Fairway woods.

once again we are in the same boat. I thought about getting that shaft because I really liked it in my J40, but I'm not going to. I'm going to try something different. I will probably go Kai'li or RIP Alpha in the Fairway woods.

We are on the same page here again. I was thinking Kai'li or Matrix red/white tie for the fairways. May even go with a different shaft for each fairway as I plan to use the 3/4 more off the tee and the 5/7 more off the deck.

So here are the two ponderings I'm thinking about:
3/4 fw, 2/3h, 3/4h, 44, 49, 55, 61
or
3/4 fw, 5/7 fw, 3/4h, 4/5h, 44, 49, 55

Right now my 56* SW is my highest lofted wedge and I carry 3 wood, 5 wood, 3h and 4h, I really like the setup, my only hesitation is that I have too much overlap and not enough gap in my top of the bag, but in the same breathe I would tell you I don't know how much I'd use the 61!

or

Right now my 56* SW is my highest lofted wedge and I carry 3 wood, 5 wood, 3h and 4h, I really like the setup, my only hesitation is that I have too much overlap and not enough gap in my top of the bag, but in the same breathe I would tell you I don't know how much I'd use the 61!

What is the longest iron you are going with?

tough to completey get sold on the wedge set up since we don't know if the Tour Trusty will be available and what lofts they will have. But I imagine I will stay somewhat similar to the 50-54-58 in some form.

that's very similar to what I'm thinking. Only adding a 5 iron. I could end up AMP Cell Pro irons 6-GW and throwing in the 5 hybrid. But if I had to order right now I'd have the Blue AMP Cell irons with the PX shaft.

drooool

What is the longest iron you are going with?

Right now the 5 iron amp cell is 24. But I've been contemplating dropping it and having a 6 be long. I think I'm not confused today than yesterday!

Siri speaks for me!

or

Nice set ups dude. I think im going with Driver, 2 FW's, 1 hybo, 4-pw, SW, LW and SEEMORE. might swap out one FW for a GW. Not sure yet.

Right now the 5 iron amp cell is 24. But I've been contemplating dropping it and having a 6 be long. I think I'm not confused today than yesterday!

Siri speaks for me!

My order confidence changes hourly I think. I am going with 55* as my highest lofted wedge. Well, that is my plan right now anyway.

Siri speaks for me!

But in the pro line the 4 is 24?

I wasn't thinking 5 hybrid at all. That damn howzat from the great white north has me thinking now. My J40 4 hybrid was the same loft as the AMP Cell 5 iron.

I wasn't thinking 5 hybrid at all. That damn howzat from the great white north has me thinking now. My J40 4 hybrid was the same loft as the AMP Cell 5 iron.

which really messes things up haha

Hehe. I may even bend the AMP cell's 1* strong.

sure does. I'm overly confused now. Plus there are only 4 colors for my 4 woods/hybrids. Not sure I want to double up on a color.

head exploding.....

agreed. Now he's talking about bending irons stronger. :banghead:

All I want to do is chase my ball around. Not think...

Back