Nike VRS Covert Driver Preview

You snobs and your Covert Tour heads. Hehe. Us mere mortals who have to play the Performance head figure soon you'll be lumping us in with all the other driver heads as weren't not cool enough or attractive enough to hang out with you.

You snobs and your Covert Tour heads. Hehe. Us mere mortals who have to play the Performance head figure soon you'll be lumping us in with all the other driver heads as weren't not cool enough or attractive enough to hang out with you.

At least the performance heads are candy red. So it's a start.

I just picked the one with the best numbers on the monitor.

Hit this again over the weekend for a few swings. Once again it was off a mat with a tee that is higher than I like. Once again I was hitting it a little high on the face. But the marks were all dead center. Ball flight was a teeny bit lower than what I am used to but dang if the ball did not just keep going and going. This might be a driver that gives me a lot of roll in the dry NC fairways during the summer. Loving this club and the comments at the range are raves. Everyone loves the red color

The sweet spot of my tour is high on the face, dead centre but between the topline and the symbol on the face.

The sweet spot of my tour is high on the face, dead centre but between the topline and the symbol on the face.

Interesting as that is exactly where my marks are. I was seeing some great results so maybe that is where mine is as well.

Not saying you're wrong, I'm just curious if that is where it actually is. I find it odd that Nike would put the symbol where they did if that wasn't the best spot to hit it.

Not saying you're wrong, I'm just curious if that is where it actually is. I find it odd that Nike would put the symbol where they did if that wasn't the best spot to hit it.

Its very popular for the sweetspot to be above the actual center. More pop, less spin. Titleist drivers have been that way for a long time.

Its very popular for the sweetspot to be above the actual center. More pop, less spin. Titleist drivers have been that way for a long time.

Never thought about it. I'm usually just happy to make contact. If the ball leaves the tee box I consider it a small victory.

Up your tee height a bit. Youll see wonders.

I already tee it high-ish. usually about a third of the ball above the crown.

Truthfully, I just need to hit outside. Indoor video game golf is getting pretty darn old.

Yeah. The actual "sweet spot" may be on the symbol but you will get more distance from the spot between it and the crown. I've been shown that the gear effect of hitting it there will reduce spin whilst also adding to the dynamic loft which translates into better distances, provided it's still hit on the vertical centreline of the face.

I know this thread is about the driver but has anyone tried the covert fairway woods?

Anyone try the performance head with the KK silver tour shaft?

It's been done. I tried it. Didn't like it. For whatever reason I just hit the Tour head so much better.

After a couple of trips to the golf store to try out new drivers I pulled the trigger on a brand spanking new Covert performance head with the silver KK, this shaft didn't feel as good to me as the black did but my backspin was brought down considerably with it and it was more accurate too.

For higher swing speeds maybe?

I will also add, the weight doesn't necessarily make it better for higher swing speeds. But points during an individuals swing will load the shaft differently. I am somewhat aggressive in my transition. I like a little heavier shaft because they feel like they handle my quick-ish move.

Back