A blast from the Trendy past

Speedliner

Reaction score
Handicap
Was looking through an old bag and found this. Back in the 80s Slotline was a big name in putters. Sometime in the late 80s moment of inertia was getting a lot of mention. I bought this "Big Moment" putter then.

Everyone loved it. Hey Rob, take out "Big Mo"! Here comes "Mo". I did well with it for a while.

Funny memories with it. Ill have to hang on to it and see if any old golf buddies remember.
gugyty4a.jpg

a7y7a5a5.jpg

I remember the brand, but I don't remember anyone selling or using them in my area. Everything was Wilson & Spalding back when I started playing in the early 70's.

Very cool. I think duey has one of these he still games once in a while.

The brand made a comeback a few years ago, but sadly it did not last too long. They made some great looking stuff.

I had a slotline putter back in the day....wish I still had it.

My dad had that exact putter. I wonder if it's still in his garage somewhere

Tapped out on my EVO 4G LTE

I should have taken a picture from the top. If you look at the back picture and notice the notch just in front of the neck. That's the "slot". The idea was to align the sight line on the base so you could see it through the slot. Then you'd know you were set up properly.

And we thought SeeMore invented the idea :)

"Stayin' alive, Stayin' alive......oooh!......oooh!......oooh!......oooh!..... Stayin' alive"............

Pictured 2nd and 3rd from the left. Remember well when Slotline was the big thing on tour. It's my understanding that they actually came up with MOI in a golf setting. I do still get mine out on the course some, but not often, I've moved on to SeeMore, haha.

P1020361.jpg

P1020105.jpg

I like the design a lot. Make it out of bronze and a little face milling and put it back into production.

Well Scrap. It isn't worth anything, but I have such find memories of that time, the people I played with then, I was playing my best...maybe I'll just do that, recondition and refinish and give Mo another life.

Back