Callaway RAZR Fit Xtreme Driver - THP Preview & Review Thread

And it's all kicking off for Callaway. Pretty cool things about to happen

Sounds like a great setup and looking forward to your thoughts on it. Did you do a due sign at all? Or is it just stock?

I am really excited to get it. I am not sure what you are referring to by due sign though.

well i got 18 in with this driver today thanks again to Mitch.... this thing is such a fairway finder for me i had a bad swing on 18 which i completely pulled but besides this i was hitting it straight and even was able to fade when i needed to and even had a draw on one hole which i NEVER do. it was so nice to see it. i think this is the driver for me this year and now that the UDesign is an option for the MC guys. its gonna be tough to beat out unless my number during my fitting tell me the x hot or xhot pro are longer and just as accurate. cause this year i'm going with accuracy over distance.

Fairways are the name of the game Buck. The ball flight in this driver is tight.

Fairways are the name of the game Buck. The ball flight in this driver is tight.

i've NEVER seen a low ball flight with any driver. this thing is a LOW Bomber.... the fact that i was hitting a 10.5 closed in texas and seeing a pretty close to perfect ball flight has me excited about finding a shaft, should open some more options up for me that normally would balloon my ball flight.

Been all over Callaway's website this morning looking at this driver. Just deciding on a good shaft for me now

Apologies if this has been asked already.

Has anyone noticed a significant difference in the height of their drives between the stiff or x-stiff Matrix 7m3 shaft? I have had this driver in 9.5 degrees (s flex) for about 3 weeks now. Contrary to what some people may have said, I haven't actually found this shaft to be so "low lauching", more on a "mid" level. Drives tended to "stay" there though once it got up.

Currently I swing at about 70%, no harsh transition but if I really went after it and release the club harder, my drives would also lauch noticeably higher too. Please excuse me for my ignorance and lack of experience, but is this increase in height normal? Is it worth considering the x-stiff shaft? My average total distance is just over 280 yards and the dispersion is reasonable. No big misses.

Last edited:
Apologies if this has been asked already.

Has anyone noticed a significant difference in the height of their drives between the stiff or x-stiff Matrix 7m3 shaft? I have had this driver in 9.5 degrees (s flex) for about 3 weeks now. Contrary to what some people may have said, I haven't actually found this shaft to be so "low lauching", more on a "mid" level. Drives tended to "stay" there though once it got up.

Currently I swing at about 70%, no harsh transition but if I really went after it and release the club harder, my drives would also lauch noticeably higher too. Please excuse me for my ignorance and lack of experience, but is this increase in height normal? Is it worth considering the x-stiff shaft? My average total distance is just over 280 yards and the dispersion is reasonable. No big misses.

It's best to get on a launch monitor, if you can, to see the launch angle and spin combo. Trying to quantify "high" and "mid" flight is difficult as it is a relative term (both to you seeing your own shots and to anyone on here trying to translate what you are seeing). I will say that in my experience most people tend to think they should hit their driver lower than they really should. If you ever make it to a PGA event, you will see how high most guys hit their driver...it is usually eye opening for a lot of guys to see Rory or Tiger bomb one and witness just how high (but flat) it flies.

The Black Tie is a stout shaft in general, so whether or not it is too weak for you would depend a lot of your SS and transition type (which you say is smooth). If you can get on a LM, you should be able to get a good feel for where you're at with the stiff, and extrapolate to see if an Xstiff would be a better choice for you.

Been all over Callaway's website this morning looking at this driver. Just deciding on a good shaft for me now

I'm anxious to see what you choose buddy.

Had my RFX out for its first full round today and had a pretty reasonable round. Hit 9 of 11 fairways of the tee with the driver which is some improvement on my usual 4 or 5 out of 9.

The extra loft I can generate with this driver enables me to play over trees on two holes on my local course which I wasn't able to do before.

Most importantly the RFX is generating enough height and I'm not losing any distance - in fact I had a good 8-10 yards longer with the RFX today than I have been with my Razr Fit to date.

All in all an excellent result, and I'm very pleased to have the RFX in my bag now.

I will say that in my experience most people tend to think they should hit their driver lower than they really should. If you ever make it to a PGA event, you will see how high most guys hit their driver...it is usually eye opening for a lot of guys to see Rory or Tiger bomb one and witness just how high (but flat) it flies.

A lot of truth to this.

It's best to get on a launch monitor, if you can, to see the launch angle and spin combo. Trying to quantify "high" and "mid" flight is difficult as it is a relative term (both to you seeing your own shots and to anyone on here trying to translate what you are seeing). I will say that in my experience most people tend to think they should hit their driver lower than they really should. If you ever make it to a PGA event, you will see how high most guys hit their driver...it is usually eye opening for a lot of guys to see Rory or Tiger bomb one and witness just how high (but flat) it flies.

The Black Tie is a stout shaft in general, so whether or not it is too weak for you would depend a lot of your SS and transition type (which you say is smooth). If you can get on a LM, you should be able to get a good feel for where you're at with the stiff, and extrapolate to see if an Xstiff would be a better choice for you.

Thanks for the comments. However, it is precisely because I don't have easy access to a lauch monitor hence I am postiong this question here. I made an attempt to quantify "low" and "mid" relative to other shafts that I have tried before, i.e. tour ad di (high), tour ad bb (mid) and so on. Still, I take your point and I understand that without a launch monitor, too much of this is subjective.

At the minute, all I am curious to know are other peoples' experiences with the 7m3 s and x flex relative to their own playin characteristics. I have never seen Rory live but I have seen Tiger, Quiros, Colsaerts and other big hitters and as you say, its quite mind boggling how high they drive it. Still, what's a little unsettling for me is that I haven't fount the 7m3 to be as stout as people seem to describe it especially if I release it a bit more aggresively at say 80%. As mentioned earlier, there is also a very noticeable increase in height but I suppose, that may be also partly attributed to a more aggresive weight shift back to the left side, which is cusing my attack angle to get a bit steeper.

Still, thanks for the comments. I will of course try to get ona lauch monitor myself but until then, if people do have any experiences that they would like to share, I woudl be eager to hear and learn from.

I'm anxious to see what you choose buddy.

I'm 99.99% sure of my order. If it stays as it is i'll have one serious bada$$ driver in my hands. #Xbombs away

Thanks for the comments. However, it is precisely because I don't have easy access to a lauch monitor hence I am postiong this question here. I made an attempt to quantify "low" and "mid" relative to other shafts that I have tried before, i.e. tour ad di (high), tour ad bb (mid) and so on. Still, I take your point and I understand that without a launch monitor, too much of this is subjective.

At the minute, all I am curious to know are other peoples' experiences with the 7m3 s and x flex relative to their own playin characteristics. I have never seen Rory live but I have seen Tiger, Quiros, Colsaerts and other big hitters and as you say, its quite mind boggling how high they drive it. Still, what's a little unsettling for me is that I haven't fount the 7m3 to be as stout as people seem to describe it especially if I release it a bit more aggresively at say 80%. As mentioned earlier, there is also a very noticeable increase in height but I suppose, that may be also partly attributed to a more aggresive weight shift back to the left side, which is cusing my attack angle to get a bit steeper.

Still, thanks for the comments. I will of course try to get ona lauch monitor myself but until then, if people do have any experiences that they would like to share, I woudl be eager to hear and learn from.

Understood my man. When you get the abnormally high balls, do they appear to be "ballooning" where they are losing velocity before descending to the ground? If so, I'd guess too much spin and maybe too much height, which the X flex could aid with.

Posted via Tapatalk.

got another round in with this driver today thanks again to mottoo.... can't wait to get a shaft that fits me a little better in it. i felt pretty inconsistent with it today swing wasn't very good and i was trying different tempos with it to see if i could get in a groove and it cost me a few shots only one lost ball with it only hit 50% FIR today, but it didn't get me in to much trouble with my misses besides one that i came over the top and low sliced into a lake. really looking forward to my fitting yesterday and knowing i'll know exactly what driver will be in my bag for the year.

Had my RFX out for its first full round today and had a pretty reasonable round. Hit 9 of 11 fairways of the tee with the driver which is some improvement on my usual 4 or 5 out of 9.

The extra loft I can generate with this driver enables me to play over trees on two holes on my local course which I wasn't able to do before.

Most importantly the RFX is generating enough height and I'm not losing any distance - in fact I had a good 8-10 yards longer with the RFX today than I have been with my Razr Fit to date.

All in all an excellent result, and I'm very pleased to have the RFX in my bag now.

Crazy to think the RFX is better than the Fit... but it really is!!!

Sent in my order today for my Morgan Cup driver. Here is what i've gone with. So cool of the Callaway guys to let us pick Udesign

Club Head - Razr Fit Xtreme
Loft - 9.5
Dexterity - RH
Shaft - Mitsubishi Fubuki K 60
Flex - Stiff
Grip - Golf Pride Newdecade Multicompound Whiteout white/blue
Length - Standard

Udesign colors -

Crown color - Blue
Sole color - White

awesome Kelly! That's going to look fantastic. I hardcore pondered that Fubuki K shaft. I'm going to have to take a swing with yours.

Blue on White with the Fubuki will look killer, can't wait to see that bad boy!!

Remember to take the head off before packing it up for the trip! :act-up:

Kelly's driver is Dallas Cowboys approved

That is going to be one classy looking beast David.

Dang. I cannot wait to see pictures of that thing. Solid choice Kelly!

awesome Kelly! That's going to look fantastic. I hardcore pondered that Fubuki K shaft. I'm going to have to take a swing with yours.

Your more than welcome to swing it. I had the Fubuki rayon in the FTI-Q and absolutely loved it

Blue on White with the Fubuki will look killer, can't wait to see that bad boy!!

Remember to take the head off before packing it up for the trip! :act-up:

One of the main reasons I went for the RFX was to ensure safe travelling

Back