WNY/NWPA & Surrounding Area Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely don't like playing in a jacket - too restrictive.

I'm the same way. Most of the time i have a jacket i slip on and off between shots.

Have to say that I am loving the fact that our thread is full of posts about people playing! About damn time!

AGREE!!!! I've had the need to play for over a month. It would warm up a bit and then snow the next two days around here. It was driving me crazy! I played bad but gained some sanity.

first of all, welcome Golds, nice to see more people here! Jimmy and hit the links for the first time this year as he said. it was cold, tough to get the feel of a good swing. was 14 or so over par on the first nine, just a real struggle, then jimmy want to gamble a little bit and i came around, was six over the second time we played the front. funny thing about golf, on the simulator on friday, jimmy shot one under 35 and i shot even par 36. was the same course allen and aaron played with us.

we started to play a points game during the second nine, you get one point for the following, hit a fairway , green in regulation, one putt, birdie, two points for chip in, eagle should get 5 points. each point is worth what ever the group decides, total your points up, most points wins, example player1 one has 15 points for nine holes, player 2 has 12 point for nine. player 2 owes player one for 3 points. this game keeps you in the hole, you may chip one in or one putt and make a point on a bad hole, anyone have thoughts on this game?

Played again today. I played absolutely terrible compared to yesterday. I was long and short on a lot of greens, and the putting was absolutely awful. At least I got out though.

Casey - I give you credit for getting out today. Was frustrating here because the weather was great right up until the hurricane wind gusts kicked in. Thought about playing about the wind was too bad here. The fact that I was wearing shorts today was encouraging

By the way - have to second what Maddog said. Welcome guys to the thread! Nice to see a few more jumping in and hopefully we can keep it growing!

By the way - have to second what Maddog said. Welcome guys to the thread! Nice to see a few more jumping in and hopefully we can keep it growing!

Yeah, welcome greg, sorry I missed you!

Hey Guys...........sorry I haven't been around. I've been doing some serious links training and Aaron,I did play yesterday. It was a challenge but it was still fun!

Hey Guys...........sorry I haven't been around. I've been doing some serious links training and Aaron,I did play yesterday. It was a challenge but it was still fun!

That is awesome Allan! I seriously thought about it, but choose not to. I actually wanted to hit at a range, but the grass driving ranges near me are not open yet. After Saturday, I think I am done hitting off a mat for the rest of the summer.

By the way, I was in a greenside bunker twice on Saturday and nearly holed out both times. I think the bunker work at the Paddock Dome helped!!

It was gusty but by the back 9 the sun was out and the gusts became a little less frequent and it was warm. I actually hit pretty solidly besides some fat shots and mistakes on chipping that I expected since it's my first time out for the year. My putting was awesome though and makes me feel really good about this year and destroying my golf league. Score was awful, but most of it was wind related and just killing my distance on second shots to the green.

It was gusty but by the back 9 the sun was out and the gusts became a little less frequent and it was warm. I actually hit pretty solidly besides some fat shots and mistakes on chipping that I expected since it's my first time out for the year. My putting was awesome though and makes me feel really good about this year and destroying my golf league. Score was awful, but most of it was wind related and just killing my distance on second shots to the green.
Nice to have you here! When the weather is like that and you're not in competition you just gotta go out,have fun and work on your game. I had a great time yesterday. Aaron...good job on the bunker play!

First range session today. 2 large buckets and 1 new blister! Didn't hit the ball as well as I'd like but still knocking the rust off!
a4ady4e4.jpg

First range session today. 2 large buckets and 1 new blister! Didn't hit the ball as well as I'd like but still knocking the rust off!
a4ady4e4.jpg

Nice! I went to the Werhle with my brother to hit. The irons and wedges are going good, but I think that the RBZ Stage 2 fairway might need 1/2 an inch taken off. I'm struggling with consistency.

lol aaron, good idea, i will carry a mat in the golf cart this year and hit from the mat every time, seems the only way i can hit so far, lol

a4ady4e4.jpg

So this is what Plum Creek looks like without snow??? :)

Just got the call yesterday that my irons are finally on their way!! Should have them by Thursday or Friday at the latest. And yes, they are correct this time, I had my buddy open the box before he shipped them. :) But I will be playing this weekend with the new irons!

lol aaron, good idea, i will carry a mat in the golf cart this year and hit from the mat every time, seems the only way i can hit so far, lol

Mike, I think that is a fantastic idea or is that improving the lie?? :) As my round went on Saturday I started to hit the ball cleaner.. Was telling Jimmy that by the end of the round, I was hitting my 9 iron about 155-160 and was pretty accurate. My wedges I was thinning them a bit, but I think that was a product of hitting off mats for a month and I normally like to take a divot when I am hitting wedges. It will get better in the next week or so.

Definitely not improving the lie off astroturf!!!!!!!!! That stuff can rot away.
Aaron,glad to see your shipment is on the way.Now all us guys need is some"non dismal"weather and it doesn't look good for Thurs. or Sat.(2 of my 3 days playing)
Maybe Sunday will be salvageable!

Golf league meeting and kick off is this Saturday, too bad Rochester can't have a consistent April EVER. Saturday looks horrible.

Rain or shine got to get my swings in some how. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365550369.768793.jpg

Nice Aaron! Getting a lesson on Sunday to get in top shape for the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back