2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's gonna be a Versa #1 for me. I tried the Wide version, but it was just too heavy for my liking.
I like it, Wade. What made you come to the decision?

I'll be going with the #1 wide WBW, enjoyed the roll and feel.

I'll be going with the #1 wide WBW, enjoyed the roll and feel.
I too, am a fan of the wide #1.

Im kind of surprised by this choice for you, bro. I've seen you game mallets like it's your job, why the decision on the #1?

I too, am a fan of the wide #1.

Im kind of surprised by this choice for you, bro. I've seen you game mallets like it's your job, why the decision on the #1?
The wide has the feel,of a mid mallet and was very easy for me to line up at various targets. I've always had a tendency to leave blade style putters open and push them. This wasn't the case with the Wide. I know the inserts are the same across the line but the wide felt better to me then the #7 which has been my choice ti late last week.

The wide has the feel,of a mid mallet and was very easy for me to line up at various targets. I've always had a tendency to leave blade style putters open and push them. This wasn't the case with the Wide. I know the inserts are the same across the line but the wide felt better to me then the #7 which has been my choice ti late last week.
Sounds good dude, I thought you had liked the #7 a good deal, so was curious what changed your mind. I have to admit, that wide #1 is sweet!

I like it, Wade. What made you come to the decision?

To be quite honest, I'm modeling it to be as close my current putter as possible.

Sounds good dude, I thought you had liked the #7 a good deal, so was curious what changed your mind. I have to admit, that wide #1 is sweet!
I was actually ready to go with the WBW #7 90 until I started rolling the Wide for a good 20 minutes. It just fit the eye and has great feel.

I rolled a couple of the Versa's today when I was at the course in Chicago. Definitely some great putters, I had a hard time deciding which one I liked best. I took 3 models out to the green, I don't remember which models they were though, I'd have to look them up on their website. Some great choices for you guys for sure!

Putter order gone in first thing when i got to work

Putter Choice - Odyssey White Hot Pro 2-Ball

Length - 34
Grip - Lamkin Pistol 3Gen Orange (odyssey logos)
Dexterity - Right handed
Lie - Stock

Ah the good ol' 2 ball. Hope I can witness one of your 90' bombs....

Putter order gone in first thing when i got to work

Putter Choice - Odyssey White Hot Pro 2-Ball

Length - 34
Grip - Lamkin Pistol 3Gen Orange (odyssey logos)
Dexterity - Right handed
Lie - Stock
Quoting Mr. Kelly here for a few reasons;

1. Awesome choice.
2. Most people change putters every year, 6 months, week, etc. But, David here knows what style works for him and what he prefers, and stays with it. I love the consistency here. Awesome.

Nice choices guys. If it were me, I would have gone #7 BWB. Odyssey has a great lineup this year for sure.

If it were me I would have gone the Kelly route

Sorry I've not been posting in here as of late guys. Been away at a tournament in SC. I love feeling the heat of tournament play; it's really great prep for this event. I love some of the putter choices by the Callaway guys. I'm sure they'll roll the walk well in MB.

Great choices guys!I would've gone with the Metal X #7, but I like all of your choices.

Sorry I've not been posting in here as of late guys. Been away at a tournament in SC. I love feeling the heat of tournament play; it's really great prep for this event. I love some of the putter choices by the Callaway guys. I'm sure they'll roll the walk well in MB.
That's some great prep work buddy! Keep it up.

My putter order is in:

Putter Choice - White Hot Pro #1
Length - 34"Grip - Lamkin- Pistol 3Gen (Red)
Lie - 2 degrees upright

Mine went in this morning too:

Putter Choice - Versa #1 BWBDexterity: RH
Length - 36.5"
Grip - Odyssey Jumbo Black/Red
Lie - 70 degrees

I'm a bit late on this after a busy weekend, but I want to chime in and say I really like the idea of having an alternate shot round. That would put a lot of emphasis on how the captains pick the teams and also on how the teams play together. It would be time to leave the egos at the door and work together to play to each other's strengths and try to minimize the weaknesses.

Instead of just hitting the shots people are comfortable with, they would have to work with their partner to give the best outcome for the round. Yes, it would put more pressure on some people, but that's what the MC is all about. It is a team event and I think more teamwork would be a good idea.

Some nice putter orders from the Callaway boys....love seeing all the #7 love including the Tank, a #7 on HGH...hehe

Seems like quite a few #1s being ordered. I cannot wait to see you guys drop some bombs. I was skeptical of Versa at first, but I really think it helps me get aligned much better than I could have ever imagined

I'm ready to rock a White Hot Pro #1, can't wait to make it official tomorrow.

I got a text from Nate that damn near had me sold on the Tank though, that dude loves it and definitely made me almost think about going that route but I just don't have the best luck with that #7 style head on it. I might be the only one in the world too.

LOL! Sorry....but I was draining 'em and had to tell ya! Just updated the Tank thread with my selection. They are mean putters!

Putter order is in!

Putter Choice – White Hot Pro #1
Length - 34.5”
Grip – Serpent Gray
Lie - Standard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back