Oh, I have done it now!!

timbertoes

OCD Golfer
Reaction score
Handicap
BWAHAHAHAHA

Step away from the tools...

I just center-drilled a new shaft hole in my Carbite ZG Mallet putter :D

It mostly in the center, and somewhere about the angle I think I want.

and with some luck the shaft will point so the loft is not messed up...

well, nothing that cannot be undone. :cake:

We want pictures.

I don't understand the need some of you have to tinker constantly with your clubs. My brother is like that - he buys a club, then puts in a new shaft and grip, then decides he doesn't like it and the process starts again. Every club in his bag is a different brand. He's forever offering to buy me new clubs too. I like my clubs - why would I want to change them. Why do you guys keep wanting to change yours?

It is a Mental condition.

Really, I guess it was how I was raised. Dad was the same.

The Garage was more of a Home than the rest of the house. And still is.

Pics coming up.

Ok,
Just so you know.... I am not a machinist, by any definition.
and drilling on a Rigid Drill press (dont buy one) has its limitations.

So as I knew would happen, the hole got toooo close to the back edge of the putter face. That is why I epoxied a piece of Aluminum back there.
Will have to be carefull with the club handling..
Yea, I center punched a starting point, but the little groove line was a gants butt away, knew the bit would wander there.

I got pretty close with the angle of the dangle. feels good so far, at least better than the double bend shaft that was in there.. forced a posture I did not like.

647046933_WfD2L-L.jpg

647046904_MekvA-M.jpg

oh, and here are a few "What's Not in the bag pics"

Hiding (literally) in this corner is an Adams XTD A3OS with Motore F1 R shaft, and a couple of Adams Idea Pro clubs
647047311_iUWdN-L.jpg

In this Corner, not so hidden from the Wifey, pulls and a few assorted clubs
647047361_Wkiu3-L.jpg

And yes, you might spy an Academy Metal wood here.
Along with a couple of Persimmons.
647047377_pNhBU-L.jpg

And my typically messy homemade workbench.
647058653_oHRSq-O.jpg

I don't understand the need some of you have to tinker constantly with your clubs. My brother is like that - he buys a club, then puts in a new shaft and grip, then decides he doesn't like it and the process starts again. Every club in his bag is a different brand. He's forever offering to buy me new clubs too. I like my clubs - why would I want to change them. Why do you guys keep wanting to change yours?

It's not about we have to change stuff all the time.I for one can never play a stock shaft.Just too soft.So I change to a shaft I've played for the last 3-4 years

Nice work! I love the look of the end-product: One's putter should have a bit of 'character' to it! :thumb:

Last edited:
It's a guy thing, and cheaper than buying new clubs. :banana:

Nice work! I love the look of the end-product: One's putter should have a bit of 'character' to it! :thumb:

Nice work???? He bunged it up! Tmber, fill the hole in & try again. Do you access to a mill? Makes the job a whole lot neater & easier too.

Nice work???? He bunged it up! Tmber, fill the hole in & try again. Do you access to a mill? Makes the job a whole lot neater & easier too.

what! no way. You cant fill the hole and redrill. it was an all or nothing proposition.

I got pretty lucky, actually. My Drill press has more than usual endplay for its type. See how much side material is left from the original shaft hole...I bet my drill press has about, oh , 1/2 that amount of play. Piece of crap!
I'd love a long quill travel higher end drill press.

heck its just an old carbite putter that I got for $25. I knew where another one was locally..just in case, or I would not have attempted it.

If the Aluminum had been any harder....this stuff was Super soft.

No access to a machinist these days. Used to though..back alley neighbor , built Harley Dragster rolling chassis for a living, from his garage machine shop, some years ago. This would have just cost me a case of beer.

melt some aluminum down & fill it up.

BTW, your belt is on it's last hole. Time to either get a bigger belt or a start a diet:D

3rd belt hole. :alien:

and how about my new additon to witb signature. hehe.
rainy days, rainy days...

Nice work???? He bunged it up! Tmber, fill the hole in & try again.
I see what you are saying, yet I am not taking a single word back from my first post!

..... I did think at first reading that TT had used that orange hand-held drill on the table for this job...... :D

Back