WNY/NWPA & Surrounding Area Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That sums up my game for the past 10 years. If one thing is hot something else is not. Consistency is not my strong point.

Makes the game so awesome, and frustrating all in one!

I see in your sig you game a 50* and 54* Scor wedges...how do you like them? I absolutely love the look of them.

That sums up my game for the past 10 years. If one thing is hot something else is not. Consistency is not my strong point.

Also I like your choice in shoes. :D

8a2ydany.jpg

Good to see they all made it! Use them well.

Thanks! That is the plan at least for right now. I regripped 6 of the 8 irons last night and will finish the other 2 tonight. I was really happy that they accomodated my request for 3-PW as opposed to the normal 4-GW that comes in a set. With the Vokey wedges, I really didn't see a need for the Gap Wedge and I might one of the few that likes a 3 iron.

Now I am really itching to get out there. Sunday looks promising at least.

Those shoes are pretty awesome Jimmy! I love the black ones.

Makes the game so awesome, and frustrating all in one!

I see in your sig you game a 50* and 54* Scor wedges...how do you like them? I absolutely love the look of them.

So far I love both of the wedges, major improvement over my cg10s. Good feel, great spin, can't complain but they are still new to me. That is one nice shoe collection you have. I was going to go with the black plaid but went with the white/blue insted. Super comfy!

Going for a lesson tomorrow. Haven't golfed in forever, so swing might, forget that, will look ugly. Hopefully get into some good golfing shape and be shooting low scores this year, Stupid weather. :banghead:

Anyone going to get out this weekend? Looks like it is going to be 50 and sunny tomorrow, so I am going to try and sneak over to Twin Hills in the morning and get back in time to watch the Masters. It is killing me that I haven't hit these clubs yet!

Going for a lesson tomorrow. Haven't golfed in forever, so swing might, forget that, will look ugly. Hopefully get into some good golfing shape and be shooting low scores this year, Stupid weather. :banghead:

I think everyone in the Northeast is feeling your pain right now. I hit on Tuesday and haven't been able to touch the clubs since because of the weather. Hoping to get out tomorrow and then Shef and I are going to visit my swing coach for back to back lessons. His name is Jim Muszak and has been great to work with. I think Monday night will be good for both of us, as I have been struggling to find the right plane on my swing. I want to get it zeroed in before the nice weather really kicks in.

Well doesn't look like I am getting today. Called a couple of courses this morning and they are all closed.. Something about 3 1/2 inches of rain this week. :) Had a feeling it would be that way, so I am heading to Big Oak

Well doesn't look like I am getting today. Called a couple of courses this morning and they are all closed.. Something about 3 1/2 inches of rain this week. :) Had a feeling it would be that way, so I am heading to Big Oak

Enjoy! Thinking about either heading to Plum Creek for a range session or Sim Round maybe. Make sure you keep us posted on how the new sticks work!

Back from lesson. The swing wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Had to work on backswing and transition. Told my that the position at the top was incredible and that after one season of hard work I could be down from about 14-15 to near scratch. I was hitting the ball great at the end of the lesson. Kind of weird for me because I usually need about a week or so to adjust. However, I'm feeling great about this year.

Enjoy! Thinking about either heading to Plum Creek for a range session or Sim Round maybe. Make sure you keep us posted on how the new sticks work!

New sticks are great. Definitely hitting a much higher ball and the irons felt great. Was actually smoking the 3 iron and the 4 iron, but struggling with the 9 iron. Go figure. But love the new sticks, absolutely love them

New sticks are great. Definitely hitting a much higher ball and the irons felt great. Was actually smoking the 3 iron and the 4 iron, but struggling with the 9 iron. Go figure. But love the new sticks, absolutely love them
Good to see Aaron....9 iron? You should be nailing it cuz you're a Lefty!

Good to see Aaron....9 iron? You should be nailing it cuz you're a Lefty!

9 iron is usually my go to club. I did this last year early on with the 9 iron. Struggle early but was on fire by mid-summer

71 degrees tomorrow and sunny? Yes please!! Jimmy definitely thinking after the lesson with Jim Muzak, we hit Twin Hills. Should be able to get 9 in easily.

Fantasy league update - Picking Adam Scott and Angel Cabrera was big for me. Jumped up to 12th place!!

71 degrees tomorrow and sunny? Yes please!! Jimmy definitely thinking after the lesson with Jim Muzak, we hit Twin Hills. Should be able to get 9 in easily.

Fantasy league update - Picking Adam Scott and Angel Cabrera was big for me. Jumped up to 12th place!!

Come on you picked them both!? And I am all game for playing! Heck I say we play till dark!

Come on you picked them both!? And I am all game for playing! Heck I say we play till dark!

Absolutely I picked both, and I completely agree. Play until we can't see 10 feet in front of us.

Absolutely I picked both, and I completely agree. Play until we can't see 10 feet in front of us.

Man 71 I might consider shorts. But if we're playing after it could chilly later so I'll stick with pants I think. All Puma for this guy with the nice weather!

Man 71 I might consider shorts. But if we're playing after it could chilly later so I'll stick with pants I think. All Puma for this guy with the nice weather!

Remember that you will be close to Lake Ontario as well. Will be more like 65 here.

Remember that you will be close to Lake Ontario as well. Will be more like 65 here.

Very true. Hope Jim doesn't think I'm a parking lot pro all Pumaed out lol!

Very true. Hope Jim doesn't think I'm a parking lot pro all Pumaed out lol!

No he is probably going to say, " oh good lord - another Rickie Fowler wannabe" ;-)

lol , aaron, right on the money , a parking lot rickey fowler wanna be who is a slave to fashion!!!. as soon as he gets his swing down where it is comfortable for jimmy he will play as well as he looks! i am betting a 7-8 handicap by end of summer, and THAT will look good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back