What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched the awesomeness of the Masters.

Played 9 and watched the masters

Played 18, caught the back 9 of the leaders and some THP

THP'd, watched the masters, worked on my drills from my lesson 150+ balls, now to clean the clubs and test out some gripes!

I played 9 holes of golf and then came home and chatter up with THPers as I watched the Masters, it was a great time!

Went to Edwin Watts and then to Golf Galaxy. Stayed in GG for a while hitting different hybrids for about an hour. Really not sure which one I will be getting. Thought I had a good idea until todays demo session. We will see what the fitter says in a few weeks.

Hit the range this morning with my 4 year old (his idea with a little nudge from me). We split a bucket, then had a snack, and then split a small bucket. I setup a tee, and ask him to slow down and take a practice swing before hitting the ball. He plays around with his 3 clubs, and hits them straight now and then. No putting this week.

Nothing but Masters today since I played yesterday.

Sanded and ground out the insert of the tip that broke off my B Asha. Took off some paint inside the tip with a dremal and re-epoxied the screw sleeve inside. Give it until tomorrow afternoon before I go out. Will see if the poor Cell will hang on for dear life or break my previous distance record.

The camera will be rolling just in case it doesn't hold on. Maybe beat my 80yd component fly if it lets loose. Should be a little iffy taking that swing, but will have the hole set with me and can get some AMP Cell 3/4 FW / TM RBZS2 FW head to head beastiness

Will touch on the gapping from the CELL Driver -> Cell FW 3/4 -> RBXS2 FW -> Cell Hybrid 3/4 -> 4I business and see if it holds water.

Should be a good time, possibly sad at first if the Red Sputnic takes off into space. Ample time to work on the short game play with the new kbs custom Scor wedges, and to round off with a little SeeMore M8ss cup sinking on the greens.

Marked a dozen balls ready for play:

u9upyba3.jpg

Looks good Cookie.

and yet another reminder that I havent used the Tin Cup yet...dang it

played 9 holes practiced my putting and chipping afterwards.

Set up the Skycaddie SG5 I just bought. So excited!

Golfed 9 holes after work boy was it muddy.
but a muddy day of golf is better then no golf.

Golfed 9 holes after work boy was it muddy.
but a muddy day of golf is better then no golf.

How'd you play?

Tapatalkin it in on my iPhone 4S

Checked THP and the weekend forecast. Melt snow melt!

Snap hooked from my Galaxy S3

Hit the range at lunch, quick session but felt productive.

Grabbed some range time with the new irons. Was not the best day for me on he range. Felt like I was new to the game for some reason. The swing is just off for reason.

Range session mainly working on wedges. But hit my driver for a little can't get it straightened out.

Paintfill removal and club cleaning

Dude, my Bridgestone J40 that I ordered is a BOMBER! Love that GD ADDi 7 shaft!

Had a fantastic lesson with my pro today. I had been hitting the ball thin and couldn't figure out why. He took one look and said "You're flipping." I said "No, I'm not, I'm not falling back at all." He then went on to explain that I'm not flipping because I'm falling away from the ball, I'm flipping because my swing is too big and by the time my body has rotated to impact position, my club hasn't caught up. So, my body stops rotating and my hands have no choice but to flip to try to catch up.

We shortened my back swing and got me rotating more. Oh man...what a difference. I definitely can tell how I can be much more consistent with this far more compact swing versus my gargantuan swing where nearly anything could happen and good shots were simply a matter of luck. Obviously, it's not like I have the game solved or anything, but I think my consistency just moved forward.

Can't wait to get out and play to test it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back