Cobra AMP CELL Hybrids & Fairway Woods Preview

Had an OK round yesterday, all my clubs were off. Just one of those days. Shanked the driver off the tee, then smashed the 3w about 250-260, just short of the green. Par 5, about 300 out, left myself with about 60 yards to the pin.

Just wish my other clubs were cooperating, but Wednesday is another day.

Today's amp cell adventures

par 5. 275 yards out and in the rough
2/3 hybrid to 25 yards short of the green. Just unbelievable how easy this club is to get out there. Back in the day I'd either try to get a wood on the ball (and not hit the ball clean) or hit a 5 iron and leave myself with an 80 yard shot.

Par 5 310 yards out, fairway. Hit it a little thin but the ball still went a good 250 yards. Hell of a miss

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Yup. Seriously. LOVE when that happens.

Does anyone know if the same model of shaft used in the 3 wood,
is used in the hybrid?

Does anyone know if the same model of shaft used in the 3 wood,
is used in the hybrid?

I believe so. Not positive though.

Was 270 out on par 5 today. Hit the 4 wood to about 20 yards short of the green, what a missile

2nd par 5 I was 220 out with a pond in front of the green. Whipped out the 3 hybrid and launched one into the stratosphere that landed pin high leaving me 15 ft for eagle. The ball stopped within 2 feet of the landing spot.

Forgot about the other hybrid shot I hit on the hole I got an 8 on. Par 5,thin drive left me 306 to the pin. Tight lie in the fairway so I pulled the hybrid. 235 yards later I was sitting 70 yards out in the fairway in prime spot for birdie. Ended up with a triple. Not the hybrids fault!

After some more Fit N Fly Gap testing I think I'm ready to say I'd go:
3/4 FW, 5/7 FW, 3/4 hybo, 4/5 hybo!!!

After some more Fit N Fly Gap testing I think I'm ready to say I'd go:
3/4 FW, 5/7 FW, 3/4 hybo, 4/5 hybo!!!

What are you planning to go with as far as your longest iron?

What are you planning to go with as far as your longest iron?

Right now 5. Which depending on the set will be 24 or 27 for loft.

Siri speaks for me!

Right now 5. Which depending on the set will be 24 or 27 for loft.

Siri speaks for me!

That is the beauty part about these fairways and hybrids. So much adjustability you will be able to make it work no matter what iron set you go with.

Love reading all these great reports. I can't wait to get a few of these in the bag!

That is the beauty part about these fairways and hybrids. So much adjustability you will be able to make it work no matter what iron set you go with.

My thoughts exactly. One of the reasons I went with 2 woods and 2 hybrids is the adjustability. And now that my highest lifted wedge is a SW I have more room at the top of the bag!

Siri speaks for me!

Finally got to try this beauty and all I can say is WOW. I've really been struggling with my driver lately and I know I'm going to replace my 3 wood at some point this season, so I'm thinking about maybe calling quits with the driver and picking up a 3-4 wood and a 5-7 wood. Planning to set one at 13* and the other at 18*, giving me a nice gap, thank you MyFly ;) Anyways hitting this thing was even better than the driver, felt really solid when it hit the sweet spot but extremely forgiving, just as I expected. 5 stars from this happy customer.

Just arrived!

538004_580919241932241_598722471_n.jpg

10065_580919351932230_868028949_n.jpg

17915_580919278598904_1167421222_n.jpg

Very nice hotled

Looks great!

Looks great Hotled.
I think you adjusted it so much the face is pointed the
Wrong way.

Have To Save My Pennies For The Hypo

Looks awesome. Even though its backwards!

Siri speaks for me!

Just arrived!

538004_580919241932241_598722471_n.jpg

10065_580919351932230_868028949_n.jpg

17915_580919278598904_1167421222_n.jpg
Sharp looking club, Hotled! Demo day locally here on Saturday, and I'm FW shopping. Cobra better bring plenty or Orange demos with the Demo day at the Univ. of Illinois GC!

Ok today I got a chance to really put the 3-4 to the test at the range a bit windy but it always is.
I was comparing this directly to a 15 year old steel head/steel shaft 3 wood with a slight offset in 15*.

My first thoughts:

This 3 wood is much lighter overall yet is the same shaft length but has a very inspiring feeling when you address the ball.
For the first set of tests I had it set to 3/13 Draw:10 shots after a 20 minute warmup with irons and hybrids.​
From the Tee:

• [*=1]First shot: was not a full power swing but a rather relaxed swing concentrating on direction and follow through: The ball just jumped off the face and carried right at 230 yards and had a low penetrating flight with a slight draw which I never hit, I usually fade.
    [*=1]2nd shot: Same as above but added a little more power to it. It flew with the same launch but started to climb out a bit at the end and carried 241 with non of the draw I saw on the first shot. I had to take a step back and gather myself because that is VERY long for me to hit a 3 wood regardless of the loft setting.
    [*=1]3rd shot: Full power as hard as I could within control and this sucker screamed off the face and made a beautiful sound as I caught it dead flush the result was 3 people standing there astonished as it carried the 250 marker with a slight draw of about 5 yards.

From the deck:

• [*=1]Same swings as above off the tee:
    [*=1]1st Shot: A very nice low draw but the carry was still very good and roll out was great and ended up nestled to the 225.
    [*=1]2nd Shot: This was the best shot I hit with it, it just launched so easy and mid flight and rolled out past the 250.
    [*=1]3rd Shot: I didn't catch it pure and a little off the toe yest the ball stayed pretty much online but pushed a bit left by about 8 yards. The distance wound up being the exact same as the 2nd shot so the forgiveness is definitely there!

Changed settings to 15*:
  • A definite higher launch as expected but the ball cut the wind easily and I didn't lose much distance at all. No matter how hard I swung the ball just jumped and was easily controlled both from the Tee and the Deck.

Comparison to my Old 3 wood:
It it much easier to hit off the deck, and it is a minimum of 15 yards longer and not near as harsh on the impact.

Final Thoughts:

This is the best 3 wood I have ever hit period. With the adjustable head and the forgiveness and the face angle never changing even in draw settings you cannot beat it.
If I can't get my current driver working I know where I am looking next for sure there is no ponder about it.
This 3 wood is awesome off the tee and the deck and could easily replace a driver when needed.

Ok today I got a chance to really put the 3-4 to the test at the range a bit windy but it always is.
I was comparing this directly to a 15 year old steel head/steel shaft 3 wood with a slight offset in 15*.

My first thoughts:

This 3 wood is much lighter overall yet is the same shaft length but has a very inspiring feeling when you address the ball.
For the first set of tests I had it set to 3/13 Draw:10 shots after a 20 minute warmup with irons and hybrids.​
From the Tee:

• [*=1]First shot: was not a full power swing but a rather relaxed swing concentrating on direction and follow through: The ball just jumped off the face and carried right at 230 yards and had a low penetrating flight with a slight draw which I never hit, I usually fade.
    [*=1]2nd shot: Same as above but added a little more power to it. It flew with the same launch but started to climb out a bit at the end and carried 241 with non of the draw I saw on the first shot. I had to take a step back and gather myself because that is VERY long for me to hit a 3 wood regardless of the loft setting.
    [*=1]3rd shot: Full power as hard as I could within control and this sucker screamed off the face and made a beautiful sound as I caught it dead flush the result was 3 people standing there astonished as it carried the 250 marker with a slight draw of about 5 yards.

From the deck:

• [*=1]Same swings as above off the tee:
    [*=1]1st Shot: A very nice low draw but the carry was still very good and roll out was great and ended up nestled to the 225.
    [*=1]2nd Shot: This was the best shot I hit with it, it just launched so easy and mid flight and rolled out past the 250.
    [*=1]3rd Shot: I didn't catch it pure and a little off the toe yest the ball stayed pretty much online but pushed a bit left by about 8 yards. The distance wound up being the exact same as the 2nd shot so the forgiveness is definitely there!

Changed settings to 15*:
  • A definite higher launch as expected but the ball cut the wind easily and I didn't lose much distance at all. No matter how hard I swung the ball just jumped and was easily controlled both from the Tee and the Deck.

Comparison to my Old 3 wood:
It it much easier to hit off the deck, and it is a minimum of 15 yards longer and not near as harsh on the impact.

Final Thoughts:

This is the best 3 wood I have ever hit period. With the adjustable head and the forgiveness and the face angle never changing even in draw settings you cannot beat it.
If I can't get my current driver working I know where I am looking next for sure there is no ponder about it.
This 3 wood is awesome off the tee and the deck and could easily replace a driver when needed.

Great thoughts man and great write up!! You really have me salivating in wait for mine !

Back