The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or the parents of those kids. I believe that's part of the problem.

I was one of those kids, and there were a few teachers that knew how to challenge me and I excelled in those classes. Still have a good relationship with some of them. I can count on one hand how many bad teachers I had.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

There's a difference in distracted/bored kids that can be reached and kids that tell teachers to eff off and simply don't care. Big difference.

There's a difference in distracted/bored kids that can be reached and kids that tell teachers to eff off and simply don't care. Big difference.

Wow. That's garbage, sorry to hear...

Wow. That's garbage, sorry to hear...

Speaking of garbage, the last two days I've had kids threaten to pee in the garbage because I wouldn't let them go to the bathroom.

Fuse is gone at this point.

Speaking of garbage, the last two days I've had kids threaten to pee in the garbage because I wouldn't let them go to the bathroom.

Can't even compute this. Wow.

I had forgotten to rant about this but all of the TSA talk in the Boston bombings thread made me remember...

TSA stole my f$&@?!# SkyCaddie out of my golf bag!!! It was zipped up in a pouch attached to my golf bag. When I get my bag back it is unzipped but the Velcro is perfectly strapped back down back in place. Just with no SkyCaddie in it anymore! Oh yes... And they took the headcover off of my G25 driver and didn't replace it. Luckily no scratches or scuffs!
I always carry my GPS and rangefinder in my carry-on! And when I take the head off my driver and fairway woods, they are going in the carry-on too!

I really wish that, oh, I don't know, all parents would be parents and not buddies.
Amen to that.

Jman - I hear you buddy, and I feel the same way. It's crazy how many kids simply don't give an eff and there's not much we can do about it because the parents either don't care or think its the teacher's/school's fault. Ugh.

There would be some a@# beating in this house hold if that was one of mine. Good Gosh.

Dude, you didn't tell us that you were teaching in the Juvie Centers?

Jman - I hear you buddy, and I feel the same way. It's crazy how many kids simply don't give an eff and there's not much we can do about it because the parents either don't care or think its the teacher's/school's fault. Ugh.

Exactly. And rather than acknowledge that there's nothing teachers can do we insist on making new hoops to jump through to be able to fire teachers. We are nothing more than babysitters in the eyes of many parents nowadays, not all, but there are more that view it that way than don't.

There would be some a@# beating in this house hold if that was one of mine. Good Gosh.

Dude, you didn't tell us that you were teaching in the Juvie Centers?

And that's why you're a GOOD parent buddy. This ones mom came up and griped ME out for her kid telling me to eff off.

Public Ed and Juvie feel like the same some days.

Why wouldn't you let them go to the bathroom?

My stupid knee replacement is locking up, and hurts a lot. I swear I didn't do anything stupid to cause this! I'm going to have to go back to my orthopedic surgeon to see what's wrong. I'm hoping against hope that it's nothing major, but it feels like it's bad, bad news. I'm going to try to go to the indoor range to get some more numbers with more comparisons between the TM Stage 2 FW 3HL (17*) and my R11 3W (15.5*) and maybe my TM R11s 5W. Hopefully, I'll be able to swing the clubs.

Because we were in the middle of notes and I don't have to.

Alright. Once I got a detention from a teacher for going to the bathroom even though they told me I couldn't. I always wondered why teachers wouldn't let kids go to the bathroom (unless it was excessive).

My stupid knee replacement is locking up, and hurts a lot. I swear I didn't do anything stupid to cause this! I'm going to have to go back to my orthopedic surgeon to see what's wrong. I'm hoping against hope that it's nothing major, but it feels like it's bad, bad news. I'm going to try to go to the indoor range to get some more numbers with more comparisons between the TM Stage 2 FW 3HL (17*) and my R11 3W (15.5*) and maybe my TM R11s 5W. Hopefully, I'll be able to swing the clubs.
Bummer dude, hope it is nothing serious.

Alright. Once I got a detention from a teacher for going to the bathroom even though they told me I couldn't. I always wondered why teachers wouldn't let kids go to the bathroom (unless it was excessive).

You only HAVE to let kids go that have paperwork saying so from a doctor, otherwise that's what the 5 minute in between class if for. But, most use that as social time or suck face with your GF time.

In my class its simple, if you are a good kid (or just one that turns their work in and puts on the facade of trying), I let you go. If you're a mouthy kid who is constantly in trouble in all of their classes, I don't.

Alas, its an entitled age.

You only HAVE to let kids go that have paperwork saying so from a doctor, otherwise that's what the 5 minute in between class if for. But, most use that as social time or suck face with your GF time.

In my class its simple, if you are a good kid (or just one that turns their work in and puts on the facade of trying), I let you go. If you're a mouthy kid who is constantly in trouble in all of their classes, I don't.

Did you just bust out an On Golden Pond quote? #Epic-ness

Yeah. In my school we weren't allowed to use the bathroom between classes. That's why I thought it was funny when teachers wouldn't let me (a good kid who did all the work, etc) go to the bathroom. One day I just got fed up and had to pee so I left anyways. I remember those days. Kids are ridiculous (I was too, obviously).

Went for my physio appointment after work, only to find out I had been given the wrong site to go to, so by the time the staff worked out where I should have been it was too late

Fortunately I have managed to get it re-arranged for Thursday evening so not long to wait

Did you just bust out an On Golden Pond quote? #Epic-ness
You're welcome. :alien:

Yeah. In my school we weren't allowed to use the bathroom between classes. That's why I thought it was funny when teachers wouldn't let me (a good kid who did all the work, etc) go to the bathroom. One day I just got fed up and had to pee so I left anyways. I remember those days. Kids are ridiculous (I was too, obviously).
I was a little **** at times too, I think most kids are at some point. But I got my arse beat when I got home if the school called my mom. Hell, I was more afraid of my coaches than her when I got into trouble, so I learned not to.

Another huge difference is that I never felt entitled to anything, I felt like I needed to EARN it, nothing was going to be given to me and I knew that.

My Mom worked in the HR department at my school district's central office. She was obviously on a first name basis with all of my teachers and principals. I didn't get away with anything in school.

I was a little **** at times too, I think most kids are at some point. But I got my arse beat when I got home if the school called my mom. Hell, I was more afraid of my coaches than her when I got into trouble, so I learned not to.

Another huge difference is that I never felt entitled to anything, I felt like I needed to EARN it, nothing was going to be given to me and I knew that.

Coaches make you run bleachers until you puked...twice?

Not that I'd know, personally. Just saying...

Gas prices shoot up cause of yesterday......really?

You're welcome. :alien:

I was afraid of my parents too. I made sure never to get in any real trouble so they wouldn't have to kill me.

I had plenty of moments when I acted entitled. Looking back on those times, I want to go back and punch myself in the face. I was a d-bag to my parents, and god knows they didn't deserve it.

I effin hate yard work. With the core existence of my being, I hate it. I can think of so many things I could be doing instead of it. Our yard is just the size that I can't justify a riding mower, and small enough I can't justify or afford paying someone to do it. I know, I should just be thankful to HAVE a yard, but I still hate yard work. I need to dig up the thread "if I could ______ I could shave _____ strokes off my game".

Ironically, my wife loves yard work, including mowing (go figure) but is literally deathly allergic to fireants. Literally, we're talking epipen within a few minutes or its a life and death situation for her. So I guess, really, I HATE fireants. Hate em'.

Only 6-8 good things about yard work are the beer. And, the beer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back