Callaway 2013 Wedges? Mac Daddy 2

So wait, Callaway hires the person who for years designed the other brands wedges that became so popular, they now put his name on their wedge to raise awareness that he is part of their team and designed these wedges, and this is somehow a "bad" thing to do? What did I miss?

I guess when Mizuno hired Bettinardi and had his name on their putters they were tacky as hell too.
Not so sure if the name on it is, or the incredible amount of stamping/milling/race car painting that is turning some off to these.

Again, they are protos, and people have varying opinions on what they like.

Those do look sharp! I am still blown away by the performance last years wedges.

Not so sure if the name on it is, or the incredible amount of stamping/milling/race car painting that is turning some off to these.

Again, they are protos, and people have varying opinions on what they like.

Chance are they will be nothing like those photo's

I bet they are pretty close

I guess we will have to wait and see. It will be interesting to see if Callaway do grind and bounce options

I guess we will have to wait and see. It will be interesting to see if Callaway do grind and bounce options

They will have grind options it's in the link AD posted

They remind me of Nike for some reason. That is a good thing. They are gorgeous

They remind me of Nike for some reason. That is a good thing. They are gorgeous

I think that is because of the texture being on the back. Similar look

I hate that they say designed by Roger Cleveland. I feel like it's a shot at Cleveland being the #1 wedge in golf and everything. But hey, he sold his company 23 years ago so I suppose it's time to move on. I just don't like that it has the same name. And laser milled face, where have we seen that before? (granted this is only so many techniques to roughing up the face...)

I think that is because of the texture being on the back. Similar look

You might be right. It is gorgeous though.

I have not played Callaway wedges so I am really looking forward to the release of these. Based on the looks I'm all in and the fact that RC put his foot into these makes more excited.

I have not played Callaway wedges so I am really looking forward to the release of these. Based on the looks I'm all in and the fact that RC put his foot into these makes more excited.
He's been building the Callaway wedges for quite a few years now, I do believe.

They will have grind options it's in the link AD posted

Nice. Although i'm a fan of the C grind from last years wedges

sounds like they have a ton of new technology packed into them. i can't wait to see them in person and learn more about the technology side of things of these wedges sounds like they are pushing the limits of what the USGA will allow.

What technology? There wasn't any information about what the technology was. If you look past the milling etc, it looks just like most other wedges.

What technology? There wasn't any information about what the technology was. If you look past the milling etc, it looks just like most other wedges.

They said some things in the article AD posted and Harry was chatting a bit about these at the Texas invitational. And the milling would be a technology as far as I'm concerned if its a new milling style and it certainly looks different to me.

All I can say is wow. These are beautiful. Can I get a whole set of these for TMC?

Has anyone heard anymore? I want these wedges!

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk

Been holding off until I see them. Luck I have not played very much this spring because of the weather.

Back