Ive thought about buying the sausage extension for my mixer.

Kinda like this?

4DDH732FE3T5RS7TUYNG.jpg

The Meat Baby, notice the bacon diaper.
tumblr_kpplpcsOry1qzvnxpo1_500.jpg

Should have looked harder for that bacon condom. Please tell me you didn't eat that.

Should have looked harder for that bacon condom. Please tell me you didn't eat that.

Daine, what else would you do with a meat baby? :confused2:

Would it be considered a meatloaf or a really big burger?

Would it be considered a meatloaf or a really big burger?

That is a question for either Harry or Smallie depending on whether you want a pro or con meatloaf response. Whatever the outcome - I think it would be considered disgusting.

Who is Jim Gaffigan, anyway?

Gasman is funnier.

Gasman is funnier.

Ah thanks, I dont know how his name got associated with my meat thread. I had never heard of him before, but if he is down with bacon then he is down with me.

World’s Largest Burger
A 185 pound burger is the latest Guinness World Record holder.
tumblr_kq4fyvilCh1qzvnxpo1_500.jpg

Where is the bacon? :confused2:

Im paraphrasing the Constitution but I believe it says that when you have a burger that big its ok to leave out the bacon.

You’re right, I forgot about that article. I need to go back and brush up on the constitution. :D

Logistically, that would have to be one incredibly sturdy roll to hold that burger; it (the roll) would probably be inedible.

That will make his day, JB!

The Bacon Thread (aka a thread for Gasman!)

The Bacon Thread (aka a thread for Gasman!)

While on a Google search for something else, I ran across these. Feel free to add to this! One or two pics per post as this could take a long time to open after a while!

GUMM-1605.jpg

125837509_m.png

baconair.jpg
[YOUTUBE]ZfbTO0GlONU [/YOUTUBE]

Brussels Sprouts with Spiced Walnuts, Bacon, and Bleu Cheese

s2006-11-29_brussel-sprouts.jpg

1 1/2 lbs brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
2-3 oz bleu cheese, crumbled
4 thick slices bacon
2/3 cup spiced nuts, hand crumbled (recipe follows)
1 tbsp peanut oil (or other mild flavored vegetable oils)
1 1/2 tbsp red wine vinegar
kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper

Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Once the skillet is hot, add the bacon and cook until most of the fat has rendered out and the bacon is crispy. Remove the bacon and allow the bacon to drain on paper towels, set aside for later, and crumble once cool. Drain off all but one tablespoon of bacon fat from the skillet, then add the peanut oil to the remaining bacon fat and turn the heat to medium/med-high. Once the skillet has had time to reheat, add the brussels sprouts and toss to coat with oil, then season with salt and pepper. Saute the brussels sprouts for about 10-15 minutes or until the sprouts are tender and caramelized, stirring occasionally. Deglaze the pan with the red wine vinegar, stirring and scrapping the botom of the pan with a wooden spoon to get up all those yummy caramelized bits on the bottom of the pan. Taste one of the sprouts to check the seasoning level, then adjust as necessary with salt and pepper - although remember you will be adding bacon and bleu cheese and thus more sodium. Add the crumbled bacon and spiced nuts to the pan and stir. Add the bleu cheese, then immediately remove the sprouts from the pan. Serve hot or at room temperature. Enjoy!

Spiced Walnuts

2/3 walnuts
1 tbsp molassas
1/2 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp ground cardamom
1/4 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp cayenne
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/8 tsp fresh cracked black pepper

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a small mixing bowl, stir together all the dry spices. Stir in molassas, then add walnuts. Toss the mixture to coat the nuts. Spread the walnuts out in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 325 for 10 to 15 minutes until the nuts have toasted and the seasonings have caramelized. Halfway through baking stir the nuts for more even coloring. Remove from oven and allow nuts to cool before eating or using. Enjoy!

Back