If you could only play one club the rest of your life....

A few of us have done this before - picked a par 3, 4 and 5 from the scorecard and then decided on 1 club to play those 3 holes just for laughs

If I had to choose it would be like most people on here, either a 6i or 7i

My 5 hybrid

I think I'd go 3 hybrid.

I think mine would have to be either a pw or a scoring wedge if only because I feel like I hit the prettiest most poetic shots those clubs. My driver woods and irons are all about brutes strength hitting it straight and trying to get that ball near the flag fake were as in my scoring wedges and my pitching wedge are all about those special shot that are what make you great, so if I had to pick one club it would be the one club that makes me feel the best . Not the one that puts up the best score.
Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Probably my 8 iron or 3 Hybrid....I love hitting a knockdown/punch 8 into a tight green....however, my 3 hybrid is alot more versatile....

Altitude 7 iron.

$$$$ money $$$$

Driver. I'm not going to score well with only one club, so I might as well hit the ball far.

At my home course we play the 1st hole a 545 yard par 5 from the tips with one club just to see what we can do. Anything from a 9 to a 4i. I would probably go with a 7 as the only club.

I'd probably go with a 19 degre hybrid, or 5-iron. Sand shots would be terrible, but they already are, as would be approach shots.

I actually tried golfing with my 7i and putter for a full round years ago. I am not sure if I should be proud or worried that I was only 2 over my handicap for the course...

My 8i and 54* clubs are my favorites, but if I had to game with only one club, it would be my 4i. Relatively decent distance and I could always run the ball up to and on the green. Flop shots may be an issue :)

My Big Trusty Rusty 50 degree.

A LH Scotty Cameron with the angled back. Circa 62?

Angled for chipping righty, putt lefty.

My seemore or my 4 iron. Probably the 4 iron.

6 iron. I can deloft the crap out of it. Easy to chip with. Choke down and take a lot off. Easy to putt with. Greenside bunkers would be a challenge.

I would choose my 9-Iron i think. It's the club that I hit the straitest+farthest, I could chip and pitch with it, and I suppose learn to putt left-handed and use the backside of it.

On a related note, some friends and I tried a 60* challenge once. We got through 4 holes. It was fun to try something new, but got extremely old after a while, esp. since 2 of the first 4 holes were par-5.

7 iron, or PW.

Funny story I once played 9 holes with a PW. Had good results

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

Id beat up 13 other people til I had a full bag again

8i or 9i depending on length of the course. Either one I can flight down, chip with or take some off of.

3 Iron, it's long enough to carry a lot of forced carries, I can putt with it, and according to Seve I can use it as a sand wedge. It is one of my favorite clubs.

you ever par in with a 7 iron?

well hell roy, it never occurred to me to try

2i. Then I could be like DLIII and hit a "soft 2" all day.

Back