Follow along with a complete Newbie as I try to learn this game.

I think this thread is a great idea! You just have to embrace the process and the journey, because it doesn't happen fast. I started playing in junior high, played in high school and over the years as a young adult. Didn't play much while my kids were really young, but got back to it seriously last spring. The point is, I'm turning 40 next month and I've just started breaking 90 consistently. It takes time and it sounds like you've got some natural athletic ability on your side, which will help. It's so much information to process right now and nothing feels natural to you, but little by little, things will start to click and pieces will fall into place one at a time. Golf is never truly mastered, so the process will never end, but you'll obtain some sort of comfort level and the more lessons/practice you get in, the sooner it will happen. By starting with lessons to begin with, you're putting yourself way ahead of so many people in this game. Good luck and I look forward to following along.

Keep it going man!! Im starting in on my 3rd season of golf ( other then messing around with my dad when was a elementary school kid). I have had a blast so far on this journey, sadly its like crack you always want more. The goal of this year is to break 80, i have a 82 and 83 posted up this year so far so hopefully it will happen. The best thing I have learned is for every 30 mins spent practicing your swing spend double that practicing your putting and short touch feel chips. So if you go to the driving range and hit a bucket of balls and it takes 30 mins the next hour been on the putting green and shortgame spots. It will get boring so I most of the time have one earbud in to listen to music but still able to hear whats going on around me. Good luck!!

PS. Make sure you know all the settle etiquette stuff. Nothing worse then pissing the old men off on course and you dont know why.

Great idea and can't wait to follow along. As far as a thp outing, I would say go for it. Always a great experience meeting other hackers and hanging out regardless of skill level.

Tapatalk on iPhone4S

Odd thing happened lastnight. I got suckered into playing whiffleball with the neighborhood kids and when it was my turn to bat I grabbed the bat and overlapped my fingers. Took a second to realize but maybe this golf stuff is starting to sink in. Felt really strange to do a 10 finger grip to the bat.

Hope to hit the range at least once this week and possibly get 9 in before the weekend.

My ten year old daughter does this when playing softball! LOL I have to reminder her how to hold the bat all the time. It actually makes me happy because her golf grip is now natural for her.

Odd thing happened lastnight. I got suckered into playing whiffleball with the neighborhood kids and when it was my turn to bat I grabbed the bat and overlapped my fingers. Took a second to realize but maybe this golf stuff is starting to sink in. Felt really strange to do a 10 finger grip to the bat.

Hope to hit the range at least once this week and possibly get 9 in before the weekend.

Just getting up to speed on this thread, but it is probably my new favorite one to follow! You situation sounds very similar to mine, except for the fact that I've been playing regularly for about 10 years. (Sad trombone) Good luck, keep at it, and keep the posts coming!

Back