Hello from NorthDakota

dustklose

Re-Addicted
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 8.9
Hey, my name is Dustin. I golfed back in middle/high school, but gave the sport because I couldn't fix my horrible slice.

A buddy of mine has got me to start playing again. I have recently picked up a Cleveland HiBore XLS 10.5*, but my slice is still there.

I'm hoping to cure my slice and be able to get out on the course more than a few times next year.

Welcome to THP. Glad you found us. We have a teaching pro in our 'ask the pro' section that may be able to give you a few drills to help you. We also have our THP TV episodes that our teaching pro filmed on our home page that have tips and drills there as well.

:welcome: Is your season over already?

Welcome, welcome

:welcome: Is your season over already?

No the seasons not over, I used to play with a Rawlings wal*mart golf club set.

I sold them to a buddy of mine this year in attempts to fund my music.

A buddy of mine told me I shouldn't have sold them, so I decided to look around for a while. I did SOME research on clubs, and because I was clubless, I decided to buy a driver and work with that, then eventually get an iron set, then a putter, and work on everything for next season.

About an hour away we have a 'sports bubble' with an indoor driving range I can use in the winter months.

I got the Cleveland HiBore XLS because on the simulator I hit the straightest and furthest with the club.

So I'm pretty much relearning the game. Theres a class a pga instructor in Fargo, that I am goin to get some lessons from next spring.

Welcome dust, if we can`t cure your slice, atleast you will have fun here.

Welcome to THP Dustin!

Welcome to THP, Dustin! You should hit up Amollerud for some anti-slice tips in the Ask The Pro section, he's a great source!

Welcome to THP, Dustin! You should hit up Amollerud for some anti-slice tips in the Ask The Pro section, he's a great source!

Ya I've read some of his responses to people, I dont know much about the 'swing terms' i guess you would call them, but I am goin to look everything up, and try to find a way to make a video so i can have him take a look.

From a former North Dakotan, welcome to the site. I grew up outside Rugby, ended up in Washington years ago.

It's a great site, you'll enjoy it here.

:welcome:

Back