Cleveland Classic XL & XL Custom Driver Preview Thread

Just acquired a couple Srixon weights, and here's an image they provided in a booklet..

20130425_135721.jpg

What's interesting to me about this is that placing the heavier weight in the back of the head promotes a higher launch (while the Srixon driver had two weight ports, the back weight is similar to where the XL Custom has a weight). This gives me a couple of ponders before my next trip to the range:

Can I find a happy medium between lighter weight/heavier weight along with the adjustable head that suits my swing perfectly?

Time will tell.

Nice Canadaniel.

I've still yet to mess with the weights in mine, maybe I'll slap the 11g in today.

Nice Canadaniel.

I've still yet to mess with the weights in mine, maybe I'll slap the 11g in today.

By the time I am done with this thread, that poor shaft screw is going to be frayed miserably!! I just continue to adjust and enjoy every moment.

I really look forward to hearing how the weights respond to your swing buddy. Pretty sure War switched to the 3 and loves it, despite being a low ball hitter.

Dan... 11g gave me a higher ball flight, for sure. I was quite surprised by it.

I just ordered mine; shipping as we speak. Does this driver come with all the weights, or do they need to be purchased separately. Thanks.

It comes with the 7 gram weight for JDL and Matrix shafts. The other weights have to be purchased seperately. I'm not sure what the Fubuki ships with....

Just acquired a couple Srixon weights, and here's an image they provided in a booklet..

20130425_135721.jpg

What's interesting to me about this is that placing the heavier weight in the back of the head promotes a higher launch (while the Srixon driver had two weight ports, the back weight is similar to where the XL Custom has a weight). This gives me a couple of ponders before my next trip to the range:

Can I find a happy medium between lighter weight/heavier weight along with the adjustable head that suits my swing perfectly?

Time will tell.

I'm bringing the Z Star driver with the Dromos shaft in it if you want to mess around at the range with it...

The Grim Reaper Strikes Again!

I don't like you right now CXL :angry:

Hit my newly acquired xl today, shaft needs to go.

Hit jb's today, long straight bombs...

Which shaft were you playing?

Mine has reg flex fubuki which will need swapped out asap lol. Face does feel very solid though so excited about that.

Cool. Gonna go with the same shaft as JB?

No clue, wouldn't kind trying a few others out there and see what works best.

In play. Hahaha

Working hard on slowing down my takeaway and not being hyper aggressive from the top, at some point I've ingrained into my head that is the ticket to hitting the ball far and have killed my tee game. The golfsense and Mr. FK have been helping me a lot with that, let me get into the slot and learn when to turn hard on it in the swing. So, there were 3 definite BOMBS where it all clicked, and the rest of the round was in play and just a slight miss heel-side or on the toe.

Its a work in progress but this BIG ARSE club-face sure helps with the confidence portion in working through the change.

I've been wanting to pick up an Indigo for some time but I just can't seem to decide between the 's' or 'x'. The flex code '5555' just seems soft if I compare it to some others that I've tried and '7777' sounds pretty stout. Perhaps tipping an 's' to '6666' would be the ticket.
Do you find the '5555' flex code holds up to your swing?

Another solid day with the classic XL. I only missed two fairways and both were just barely off in the rough..

I think I'm dealing with a bit of a backspin issue so I'll probably try and make a couple changes to see if I can get it sorted out.

Another solid day with the classic XL. I only missed two fairways and both were just barely off in the rough..

I think I'm dealing with a bit of a backspin issue so I'll probably try and make a couple changes to see if I can get it sorted out.
Balooning?

Really starting to find my groove with the Classic XL. Had it in the bag again today, and pulled it on 10 holes, hitting 8 fairways. My two misses were just off the fairway, first/second cut and wasnt penalizing at all.

My miss is still out on the toe, and even with the misses out there, it doesnt seem to exaggerate the miss. Ball flight is something that I have quite happy with as well, getting a nice mid/high ball flight, which is something that at times I really struggle with.

I dont usually GPS my drives to check my distances, but I hit one on Hole #7 today and knew it was long. GPS'd it at 281 yards, which is about as good as I am going to get one out there. As soon as I made contact I knew it was well hit. Just such an incredible feel at impact that let's you know it was hammered.

Really enjoying working with this driver. Struggled a bit at first, but really coming around with it in a good way.

Good stuff War Eagle! Glad to see an improvement after you struggled a bit in the last week.

I had a decent day with the driver. My miss is still a push right, had 3 of those today - one into the water. I tend to see that when I get too quick. If I can stay in a transition with a nice pause at the top I am fine. Drilled some line drive bullets today which is my preferred trajectory ending up in the 270-280 range.

Looking forward to another round tomorrow!

Meant to add: did not have my wrench with me today to try the NU setting but just got it out and will give that setting a go tomorrow to see if it helps with the pushes and also promotes a draw.

Nice Cookie!

I think I am going to switch it up to the NU setting this week as well, just because!

I have officially retired my C XL to the office display bag. It was a short lived pipe dream that ended in disappointment and shame. I love this driver, I do not love my swing.

Back