UK THP Spring Cup Discussion Thread

5 weeks tomorrow lads - so we are not far short now - woot!

Re the tee times we have 4 tee times from 11.00am on the Sunday and then 4 from 9.30am on the Monday morning. With this I mind I think a 10am-10.30am meet on the Sunday morning at the Belfry would be about right.

The 11.30am tee time will get us back in the club house around 4pm which will give everyone a chance to have a drink and a quick snack if they want it and then a couple of hours to make use of the facilities at the Belfry which I would highly recommend. Having jumped in the spa, steam room and pool after the golf last time round, I felt much better and i was also nice and loose the next morning which is quite unusual for me.

We then have dinner on the Sunday night and an evening of beers and shots in the nightclub at he Belfry (assuming its open in a Sunday!?!?)

Breakfast will be between 7.30am and 8.30am on the Monday morning so we are all done and dusted, checked out of our rooms and on the tee for 9.30am. Once the golf is done we will do the prize giving along with food and drinks and then people are free to depart as and when they want to.

More details to follow the closer the date gets :)

Last edited:
5 weeks tomorrow lads - so we are not far short now - woot!

Re the tee times we have 4 tee times from 11.30am on the Sunday and then 4 from 9.30am on the Monday morning. With this I mind I think a 10am-10.30am meet on the Sunday morning at the Belfry would be about right.

The 11.30am tee time will get us back in the club house around 4pm which will give everyone a chance to have a drink and a quick snack if they want it and then a couple of hours to make use of the facilities at the Belfry which I would highly recommend. Having jumped in the spa, steam room and pool after the golf last time round, I felt much better and i was also nice and loose the next morning which is quite unusual for me.

We then have dinner on the Sunday night and an evening of beers and shots in the nightclub at he Belfry (assuming its open in a Sunday!?!?)

Breakfast will be between 7.30am and 8.30am on the Monday morning so we are all done and dusted, checked out of our rooms and on the tee for 9.30am. Once the golf is done we will do the prize giving along with food and drinks and then people are free to depart as and when they want to.

More details to follow the closer the date gets :)

OK lads, so just to expand a little on the above.

I have been in contact with the Belfry today to get scorecards sent down to me in advance so I can have those pre-marked on the day.

In terms of the room bookings it looks like we won't be able to check in until after the golf which is pretty much what I expected. So as I suggested above once we are done and dusted with golf on the Sunday we can have a beer or two and a snack if you want it then get checked into our rooms and make use of the facilities for a few hours.

I have taken the liberty of making a reservation for us in the Attrium restaurant where we will get our evening meal. I was advised to do this by the Golf Club as we have a sizeable group of people and obviously we will be wanting to dine together. I have made the reservation for 8.30pm which should be more than enough time for everyone to make use of the facilites for a couple of hours before getting showered and changed and ready for dinner.

The nightclub is not open on a Sunday night, so we will have to make use of some of the other facilities such as the Belfry Bar or Sams which is a sports bar/restaurant which should do the job nicely. Both are located on-site with the hotels and gold courses so it will be a fall out of one and into another type job I assume.

Further details to follow on threesomes (and the fourball), competitions that I will be running, par 3 and longest drive prizes etc etc etc.

If you want to get a look at the courses before hand - you can check them out here,

Sunday - Derby Course - http://www.thebelfry.co.uk/golf/the_derby.php
Monday - PGA National - http://www.thebelfry.co.uk/golf/pga_national.php

Cheers for now,

Mav

Thanks for the update Mav. All looks superbly organised once again. Good man.

Aye, that sounds good to me, golf followed by spa and pool to unwind

Well boys, went to the range to have a putt and possibly chip and after 2 shanks and a little encouragement from David I hit bigger shots, got up to some smooth utilities without issue. Still can't walk far but unless I mess up I should be fine for the Belfry, cannot tell you how happy i am!!!

Thanks for all the encouragement and offers of help!

Well boys, went to the range to have a putt and possibly chip and after 2 shanks and a little encouragement from David I hit bigger shots, got up to some smooth utilities without issue. Still can't walk far but unless I mess up I should be fine for the Belfry, cannot tell you how happy i am!!!

Excellent news fella. Will be happy to share a cart with you if needs be :)

Glad to hear it Crag, hope things continue to pick up even more before we go

You can do it Champ! I want you wrapped in cotton wool for the next month. Take it easy now!

I have a question for those involved in the THP UK section of the forum.

I have today ordered the silverware (and gold;)) for the people who put in the stronger performances at the next THP UK meet at the Belfry.

I have taken the decision this time round to get some nice medals and trophies engraved up rather than doing smaller "cheaper" prizes which perhaps won't get used so much. At least this way the medals and trophies can take pride of place on people's cabinets, mantel pieces or become that extra special paper weight ;)

The big question I have for everyone is...... I am very tempted to order a larger "Presentation Shield" that has 6 or 7 (or more) smaller shields on it. Each shield can be engraved with the winners details, and the winner can keep the Shield until the next meeting and then return it for the next person.

Does everyone feel this would be a nice touch to add to the affairs or is this perhaps a little over the top? I personally think it would be a great idea but there are plenty of us involved so this needs feedback from everyone.

I am happy to place an order and get David's name engraved from the last meet, and I will cover the upfront cost. Obviously it would be nice for everyone to chip in so if we do it then I will perhaps ask for voluntary contributions and if you are able to contribute you can do so.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers

Mav

Did you get this idea from my trophy I won on Friday.....?

I would say it is a good idea, the only 'downside' could be getting the engraving done and then having to ship it to the winner, unless the winner takes responsibility for having it engraved themself?
Either way, I am happy to go with the majority and if everyone throws a couple quid in each I am sure the initial cost could be recouped

I would say it is a good idea, the only 'downside' could be getting the engraving done and then having to ship it to the winner, unless the winner takes responsibility for having it engraved themself?
Either way, I am happy to go with the majority and if everyone throws a couple quid in each I am sure the initial cost could be recouped

To a certain extent mate yes. Was something I was thinking about for the last event but it was the first time we had met and it could have turned out to be a disaster!

The easiest way would always be for the winner to take the trophy get the engraving done and then return it at the next event.

Sounds good to me, or something like a mini claret jug type trophy.
The only problem would be if the person who won it doesn't come to the next meet for whatever reason.

Sounds good to me, or something like a mini claret jug type trophy.
The only problem would be if the person who won it doesn't come to the next meet for whatever reason.

I am sure if that is the case that he (or she!?!) would be kind enough to post the trophy back to me in time for the next event.

Im in. We just need to make sure we continue what we've started now though!!

Sounds great to me Mav, happy to chip in, not that I ever do that on the course!

Ok sounds like there is some interest there which is good enough for me.

Only decision left to be made is what we call the cup/trophy.

Obviously it will be THP UK..... but I think it would be cool to give it a name like "The Maverick Cup" for example.

So any suggestions!?!?

Ok sounds like there is some interest there which is good enough for me.

Only decision left to be made is what we call the cup/trophy.

Obviously it will be THP UK..... but I think it would be cool to give it a name like "The Maverick Cup" for example.

So any suggestions!?!?

The Hackers Cup/Trophy

The Hackers Cup or The Hackers Trophy.

That's pretty good?!?

The Hackers Cup or The Hackers Trophy.

That's pretty good?!?

Well I know THP is 'The Hackers Paradise' but if we had THP on the trophy, the word 'Hackers' doesn't actually appear and I represents how the group was formed. It's a goodun'!!

I suppose another option then is the Paradise Cup or Paradise Trophy

Sounds like a plan....4 meets a year, 25 years...100 shields should do it! More than happy to cough up some cash.

Hold the phones here....I go away for a few days....what's all this Doc? Where can I find the thread?

Trophy'The Sambuca Shield'?

Back