Longest/slowest round you have been a part of

Bethpage, NY = many 6 hour rounds on weekends and in junior tournaments years ago on all five courses. Public golf on Long Island was slow; Bethpage on a weekend was glacial.

Not was slow...IS slow....on a busy Sunday, I have had many a 5:30-6 hr rounds....From Harbor Links to Bethpage Red to Lido Beach on Long Island....

However, the LONGEST round I didn't play in but caddied in was a 12PM shotgun start with at least 2 groups on par 3s/4s and 3 groups on par 5s....

Waited on EVERY teebox....took over 7 hrs....it was awful....I would have walked off but pretty sure our caddy master would not have been happy....

5½ hours, several times over the years, but I can't recall anything longer. They were all on various public courses in the Denver area which are apparently better managed than what most of those you are commenting about.

Ha! The only reason I said was slow is because I moved away years ago. I played on Long Island a couple of times last year and you're right, it still is very slow. There are some very nice courses up there, but a lot of times if you're not one of the first few groups out on the day, it's going to be a slog.
Not was slow...IS slow....on a busy Sunday, I have had many a 5:30-6 hr rounds....From Harbor Links to Bethpage Red to Lido Beach on Long Island.... However, the LONGEST round I didn't play in but caddied in was a 12PM shotgun start with at least 2 groups on par 3s/4s and 3 groups on par 5s.... Waited on EVERY teebox....took over 7 hrs....it was awful....I would have walked off but pretty sure our caddy master would not have been happy....

I've hung in there for five+ hour rounds before. Left in the middle a time or two as well. Ain't nobody got time for that.

6.5 hours last year. Terrible. I've never been so unhappy playing golf before.

6 hours. The two older ladies in front of us and their husbands were taking forever to play,
And the jerks behind us were causing a ruckus and hitting into us, and calling the Marshall on us.
There was nothing we could do

I played in Shanghai a few years ago with a supplier/friend. 6.5 hours of madness! Not to mention that @ 75% of the men wore black pants and red shirts, it was a Sunday! All female caddies that did not know the difference between a putter and a driver, although my mandarin does suck! The first hole had an enormous Nike billboard of Tiger, right off the tee box. The hotel on premises where we spent the night was interesting as well, the night stand did not have a copy of Gideon's but rather a condom and a small can of bug spray. I think you need to use them together!

NYPD PBA outing at NY Country Club last fall. 8 looooong hours. Was a shotgun start but everyone kept playing to the 18th anyways. Everyone but my group because I brought it up and they just couldn't understand it. Been to many outings before and understand people get drunk. But these guys were smashed like it was a frat party.

187. That is disgusting.

Even Stevie Wonder could shoot lower than that.

That is an average of 10.3 per hole!!!!!!!!!

Tell the guy to take up darts or something rather than golf.
Or bowling. That would be a decent average.

I have played multiple 3 hr nines. It sucks but it happens now that it's warming up

6 hours. The two older ladies in front of us and their husbands were taking forever to play,
And the jerks behind us were causing a ruckus and hitting into us, and calling the Marshall on us.
There was nothing we could do

This is the worst for me, when the group behind starts trying to land balls around you as though it's you causing the hold up. I try not to feel rushed on the course and am a quick player, but when they can clearly see you're waiting on the group in front I start getting too frustrated to play well.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Played a 3 hour 9-hole round at Disney's Magnolia. I was supposed to play 18. The course had just blatantly overbooked. There was literally no where to go. I went in the clubhouse at the turn and told them I had to leave as at that pace of play would have me miss a family dinner we had a reservation for elsewhere on property that evening.
They were very apologetic, and gave me a full refund.

I will walk off before I'll spend 5 hours on a golf course. I've done it a few times as well. My home course is pretty good about 10 minutes between tee times and I've only left 2 times there in the last year because people just generally sucked at keeping up but I just don't have the patience. If I'm walking a long course alone I can finish is 2:15 or so, and even if I'm just exploding that day and shooting a 100 I don't take longer than 2.5. with 2-4 we can still be done in less than 3.5 and I have a buddy that (to me) is epic slow.

This is the worst for me, when the group behind starts trying to land balls around you as though it's you causing the hold up. I try not to feel rushed on the course and am a quick player, but when they can clearly see you're waiting on the group in front I start getting too frustrated to play well.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
All that means to me is free balls. Thanks guys, send some more my way!

I was involved in about a 6:30 round not too long ago. Way too long.

187. That is disgusting.

Even Stevie Wonder could shoot lower than that.

That is an average of 10.3 per hole!!!!!!!!!

Tell the guy to take up darts or something rather than golf.

LOL, the Stevie Wonder comment has me almost crying i'm laughing so hard. It was pretty brutal, i ran into him yesterday evening and he was all excited because he played a round on sunday and shaved 40 strokes with a 146. I laughed and said "keep it up, you'll be a pro in no time".

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

I've done a 6 hr round on a packed course that I can do myself in under 2, and have played in a 4some in a tad over 3. Will never do it again. If I ever am not well into or done the 4th hole when an hour passes I'll be done. Was not fun.

I haven't been on any courses that took horrible long for a regular round of golf, but a tournament I play in takes about 6 hours since there are so many teams. Its a tournament the hospital I work at puts on so I try to play in all the time, and the beer flows nice and easy so I don't really care.

Tournaments taking longer makes sense, have 2 groups going off per hole if it's a shotgun, if it's all start at 1, it will also take a while. But when it's a charity or a tournament, we know what we're getting into, but just a standard weekday afternoon round, if it's more than 5 hours, I'm beside myself.

Dan

9 and a half hours. We got to the course in the morning and came back when it was dark. Course was way overbooked and the pace was horrible not to mention we started an hour late. That should have been the first sign. We would have left but it turned into one of those you invest so much time that after a certain point you cant just leave. Never again. This was at Sunken Meadow on Long Island.

And to add to what Spahrticus said about Long Island golf. First time I played Bethpage Blue it took 45 minutes to play two holes luckily the pace picked up after that. Basically any state course on Long Island during the weekend is a disaster.

On the other hand I have played a round in 90 minutes with my father when we had a cart. The quickest I have walked was just over 2 hours.

9 and a half hours. We got to the course in the morning and came back when it was dark. Course was way overbooked and the pace was horrible not to mention we started an hour late. That should have been the first sign. We would have left but it turned into one of those you invest so much time that after a certain point you cant just leave. Never again. This was at Sunken Meadow on Long Island.

And to add to what Spahrticus said about Long Island golf. First time I played Bethpage Blue it took 45 minutes to play two holes luckily the pace picked up after that. Basically any state course on Long Island during the weekend is a disaster.

On the other hand I have played a round in 90 minutes with my father when we had a cart. The quickest I have walked was just over 2 hours.

I would have actually killed someone!!!

Dan

6 hours and 15 minutes at Los Serranos North a few weeks back on a Friday twilight round. Could have been worse too considering the front 9 took almost 4 hours alone. It took us 52 minutes to finish the 13th from the point that we got there to the last guys putt. Waited on every hole before that for at least a few minutes. There weren't a ton of foursomes or anything, just a ton of players taking 20 practice swings and not playing ready golf.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I've had many rounds under 2:15 playing as a twosome. Longest for a non-scramble event was probably 5 hours 20 minutes. Played in a few scrambles that went 6 hours plus. I joined a private club 4 years ago so i could play faster. At my club the busiest times are Friday and Saturday and since joining I have only had 6-8 rounds that went over 4 hours 15 minutes. Typical round is 3:45 - 4:05 for a threesome or foursome.

Took a little over 3 hours to finish 9 holes last year. I was a single and was put into a threesome with two guys about my age and one 50 year old guy. We moved along decently behind a couple other groups without much waiting until the 4th. We teed off and the guys ducked into the trees off the fairway to light up a joint. I didn't care at first since I'm not against the stuff, but didn't care to partake. However it slowed us way down and suddenly the ganja started taking hold so these guys were knocking shots all over the place except towards the hole.

I walked off after 9. Had better things than watching stoned dudes play horrible golf for 6 +hours.

Shortest round was just over a 2 hours walking 18 at my home course.

I believe my longest 9 holes was on a league night back in 2010... Somewhere in the neighborhood of 3 hours and 30 minutes (give or take 10m). I don't know how in the world it happened but it seemed like everyone lost their ball, headcover, club, manhood, beer, it was something everywhere you looked.. UNREAL!

Back