I'm so torn about my scotty.. Now i want to put it back to original, but i cant afford that, and all of the paint fills i do are too thin so they dont stick after being played a couple holes.. Gahhhhh..

The paint fill on your putter isn't lasting? What kind of paint are you using?

PM me your shipping address bud! I'll get the two green bottles of testors I have in the mail as soon as I get the address! I'm done with paint fill for now, and even if I need too down the line I can grab some more from my local Michael's they carry quite a bit.

Thanks Casey! I try my best to be "different" ! and yes I certainly have a thing for green!

As far as the pens vs the paint go, I've tried both, I prefer the paint over the pens. Much easier the it comes out much, much cleaner in my opinion.

Like I said tho Cody PM your shipping info and I'll send out the two bottles I have, they wont get any use from me anymore I have my set up for the year!

Man if you are sure you don't need them, I would be glad to slap that paint on a few things. I really appreciate it.

My paint fill of Scotty Cameron...

My paint fill of Scotty Cameron...

these pictures are long overdue...but paint fill on putter. Didn't clean it for the picture, but you'll get the idea.

For the Scotty Cameron, I went with my Mich State U (Green and White) (very blurry, but same concept on the bottom)
For California...I thought golden state, so when with Gold color.
For the back side, I just went with simple silver to make it blend it.

One thing I didn't know what color to do was the "Monterey" lettering and the ocean wave. I just left it clean, but I would like to paint fill those with some color. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 20130426_082423 (640x480).jpg
    20130426_082423 (640x480).jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 20130426_082440 (640x480).jpg
    20130426_082440 (640x480).jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 20130426_082451 (640x480).jpg
    20130426_082451 (640x480).jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 0
Man if you are sure you don't need them, I would be glad to slap that paint on a few things. I really appreciate it.

Sent ya a PM bud with the tracking I'm think you'll see the stuff Saturday! Make sure you post pics!! :D

5899888b-80f0-497a-a4f4-c72caf3ccb38_zps1e41a137.jpg

DSC_0107_zps1217ed65.jpg

59eab6fd-2237-4306-9132-dc4995d27b7b_zpsdaa957cf.jpg

Sent ya a PM bud with the tracking I'm think you'll see the stuff Saturday! Make sure you post pics!! :D

Thanks Jimmy. I will let you know when I get it. I can't wait to use it.

Love it Jman! What's the actual name of that green? Is it testors?

It's actually airbrush paint, I'll take a picture of the bottle tonight whenever I get home and put it up. I got it at hobby lobby.

As far as the pens vs the paint go, I've tried both, I prefer the paint over the pens. Much easier the it comes out much, much cleaner in my opinion.

I'd have to agree. I've been getting pens, and they're just not think enough and don't last long enough. went and bought a jar of testors, and it seems like it's going to last a lot longer. not to mention it looks better.

I'd have to agree. I've been getting pens, and they're just not think enough and don't last long enough. went and bought a jar of testors, and it seems like it's going to last a lot longer. not to mention it looks better.

I found these to work well. Testors paint pens

null-1.jpg
[/IMG]

That paint fill looks awesome Jman!

Looks great JMan!

I'm so torn about my scotty.. Now i want to put it back to original, but i cant afford that, and all of the paint fills i do are too thin so they dont stick after being played a couple holes.. Gahhhhh..

What color do you need to go back to original? Or are you talking custom shop?

THPing on Tapatalk

That is a nice looking putter Jman and the green compliments the putter colour well

It's actually airbrush paint, I'll take a picture of the bottle tonight whenever I get home and put it up. I got it at hobby lobby.

Createx (sp?) maybe?

Well I decided to give this painting gig a go.....not sure how it will work out, but my irons are quite old anyway and if I have to remove the paint I haven't lost anything as it had pretty much all gone anyway

Went from this

IMAG0056_zpsbec0b8f1.jpg

To this

IMAG0057_zpsc6e55774.jpg

The colour used was supposedly luminous yellow, but it has turned out a green shade on the irons, but on the base of the putter it turned out yellow but I am guessing that is because it was put straight over the white lettering that was already there

The colour might not look the best as the pics were taken quickly with my phone and the lighting makes it look a bit more uneven than it is, but I am going to see how it holds up and then maybe change it to a plain white colour instead.....

Go easy on the criticism for my first attempt... :embarrassed:

It looks good Doc.

Cheers Scrap, it was a bit more difficult than I anticipated but I think that is due to the fact that the numbers on the sole of the clubs are more of a gradual depression rather than a straight edge cut which you can get an idea of on the close up of the SW in the first picture

The number on the face (which I haven't got pics of on my phone) was a little bit easier as they were straight edge cuts into the face so I could wipe the excess away quite easily

I also re-did the bottom groove of the clubs as well as they originally had white paint in them, so they have come out a bit more yellow than the soles did, and I did the alignment line on the top of the putter as well. I was tempted to try and change all of the white on the putter to yellow, but need to get a bit more confident with the fine brush first.....

Jman...you strike gold again!

Jman, stop paint fill'n and get to the range...hehe

Jman, stop paint fill'n and get to the range...hehe

Not when its 40's with 25 mph winds. No way.

Plus, this fill was done 2 weeks ago Freddie! Hehe

Back