Cleveland Classic XL & XL Custom Driver Preview Thread

I cant wait to get out and get mine dialed in. I calculated it yesterday, 43.1% FIR this year when hitting driver off the tee (thats both 910 & XLC). That doesnt include FAIR, but it is a telling stat nonetheless.

I have a Black Tie in stiff with the CCXL adapter sitting in the corner in time out. I'll send it up for you to experiment with if you so desire. I'm on day 1 of a 30 day rotation at work. No golf for a month... : (

That is quite the offer, and I appreciate it, but JB is correct. I am pursuing my options and will make it work one way or another.

Mid round thoughts...

9e7ema5e.jpg

Oh look, it's still going.

I'm actually headed home right now, but the indigo is one hell of a match for this driver.

Taking the newly acquired xlc out for a spin on the range tomorrow. Has the dromos shaft in it, used it sunday and was seeing some solid distance which I was happy with for my first time out.

Taking the newly acquired xlc out for a spin on the range tomorrow. Has the dromos shaft in it, used it sunday and was seeing some solid distance which I was happy with for my first time out.

I quite like that dromos shaft.

I quite like that dromos shaft.

Me too, I gamed my bro's d2 with the rip and was bombing it. Wasn't quite as accurate with this club but I was close. Flight was a little lower with this club, not sure if I'm happy with that yet or not. Did hit jb's combo with the kusala white and really enjoyed it too.

I also have a b.asha I'm going to be trying out as well in the near future.

The only times ive tried that kusala white shaft we have not gotten along. Do still have my black shaft that will be utilized soon I think.

As do i. Could be awesome in this one.

I think had I played the 330rx golf ball the distance loss I thought I was seeing would be a distant memory. And that's without even messing with the club settings

Whelp after another poor showing with the driver this weekend and talking it over with the wife I have a new classic custom xl heading my way. Don't know if it will be here before the il outing or not but looking forward to putting it in play.

I'm actually headed home right now, but the indigo is one hell of a match for this driver.

You're killing me with the Indigo business.

I hit two drives tonight dead into wind, and both times the upward launch and spin caused it to basically die while it climbed. I bet there's a way to beat it, but I absolutely nuked one on the final hole and was a good 30 yards short of my average carry distance. Truly, I thought it was the best contact I've ever made with that driver.

The other two drives I had were decent. One with a toe-side-of-center draw that landed in a great spot, and then a drive to start the day that just never turned left. Not terrible, about 260ish in the air, just left the face open a bit I guess.

A friend I was playing with tonight commented on how awesome this driver looks. I tend to agree.

I don't know what did it, but for some reason I want this thing bad.

Wish the custom would come in a higher loft, but then again I don't really think I'd need the adjustability.

Wish I lived closer to a golf store so I could hit this thing.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

I don't know what did it, but for some reason I want this thing bad.

Wish the custom would come in a higher loft, but then again I don't really think I'd need the adjustability.

Wish I lived closer to a golf store so I could hit this thing.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

You can crank it up to 12* if needed.

I have to think the upright setting would promote a draw or at least assist steeper swings come down more level on the face.

That's certainly what I was seeing out of it the last time I had it set there.

Thanks. I think I'm going to try the NU -.75 setting today, if I have a chance to get out there.

I'm looking forward to hearing how that works for you! Are you having trouble with a fade right now?

There is just something about this driver head thats just working really well for me right now. I'm positive a lot of it is just how well the DEEP face and headshape fit my eye, its just a looker. Also loving that the site-dot BLENDS so well with the head, its there if you need it but not a distraction if you don't. The pairing with the Indigo has been a very good one too, another instance where I should have listened to Josh about that shaft a very long time ago when he recommended it might work well for my swing.

I'm getting solid and consistently good distances with some true BOMBS mixed in as many people see when everything clicks. The lower spin than the Xhot standard was for me and frankly its obvious by the distances I'm seeing that I needed that. Still not a fan of the sound, but its not a bad sound either (I've just been spoiled from the Xhot sound frankly).

sounds like you've found something that is working for you which is great. I'm looking forward to trying this at the outing. I wasn't a fan of the classic last year but who knows perhaps this years model will change my opinion. I still just have not gotten overly comfortable with deep faced clubs.

sounds like you've found something that is working for you which is great. I'm looking forward to trying this at the outing. I wasn't a fan of the classic last year but who knows perhaps this years model will change my opinion. I still just have not gotten overly comfortable with deep faced clubs.

I used to really struggle with DEEP. Now though my miss is becoming much more up and down the face so its a nice safety blanket. Definitely having fun with it so far, lower spin is better for me no doubt. I've got a JDL6 and Black for it, but frankly, I don't see myself taking out the Indigo.

I used to really struggle with DEEP. Now though my miss is becoming much more up and down the face so its a nice safety blanket. Definitely having fun with it so far, lower spin is better for me no doubt. I've got a JDL6 and Black for it, but frankly, I don't see myself taking out the Indigo.

well that should be perfect for ddec, he loves safety blankets!

You know where to send that JDL if you don't use it hehe

My miss is still more on the toe rather than High-Low, which is probably why I never saw the great success that others have with the Classic. But I'm working on it. I always fear teeing the ball up too high and I know it needs to be done with this style of driver. Lower spin is usually better for me too as I put way too much on the ball.

You know where to send that JDL if you don't use it hehe

My miss is still more on the toe rather than High-Low, which is probably why I never saw the great success that others have with the Classic. But I'm working on it. I always fear teeing the ball up too high and I know it needs to be done with this style of driver. Lower spin is usually better for me too as I put way too much on the ball.

I actually don't tee it any higher than I did my previous drivers, seems to work better for me than when I tried to tee it higher. A loooooooot better.

I actually don't tee it any higher than I did my previous drivers, seems to work better for me than when I tried to tee it higher. A loooooooot better.

I tend to agree with that. This driver seems to thrive on mid-low face strikes.

interest just peaked a little more

Back