Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been surprised no major attacks at a church yet, large group, in a confined place.

I think the biggest one I remember was a shooting in Colorado Springs, at the New Life church, in 2007. A gunman entered the church and shot two girls to death, and wounded several others, but a female security guard shot the shooter, and ended the shooting spree before it was worse. I have a couple friends who were there that day but luckily were not wounde

It's official. I'm going to be reloading. I've been thinking about it for a couple of months and I took the plunge this weekend. I don't have everything yet but it's good start. Redding Big Boss press, digital scale, Redding .223 die. I also picked up a couple of tools. I have a powder thrower and brass cleaner coming. I'll be starting with .223 but I'd like to eventually load 9mm and 40 S&W. I know it won't be much fun on a single stage. Any other reloaders out there?
id love to reload but i dont really have the time or money to get into it... plus primers and powder are kinda hard to find around here still
I have been surprised no major attacks at a church yet, large group, in a confined place.
you would think they would be primary targets for psychopaths/terrorists
I think the biggest one I remember was a shooting in Colorado Springs, at the New Life church, in 2007. A gunman entered the church and shot two girls to death, and wounded several others, but a female security guard shot the shooter, and ended the shooting spree before it was worse. I have a couple friends who were there that day but luckily were not wounde
yet you never ever ever ever hear the story of the hero that saved other ppl by putting a bad guy down... only tons of coverage of the bad guy

today i went around town to see what was what since i had the day off due to weather... 2 walmarts, 2 gun stores, and a dicks sporting goods later
the last stop of the day at dicks sporting goods was a score... picked up 6 boxes of independence 556 for $10 a pop... still kinda pricey but hey its better than $15-$20 a box
it might be range time again soon

Magpul is doing it again, new and improved version of the MBUS, called the MBUS pro.

What's different they are not polymer.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

Magpul is doing it again, new and improved version of the MBUS, called the MBUS pro.

What's different they are not polymer.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk
they look taller and slimmer if i remember right

There was one in a local church here, he shot and killed 2 before other church goers tackled the dude.

I picked up a Leupold VX2 3-9x40 as a present for getting a mule deer tag. Much better than my old Korean-made Bushnell on my 30-06. I finally have good eye relief and a complete sight picture!

What surprised me is that this level of Leupold, often considered the first good level of their scopes, had the most relief which I needed for my long action rifle.

my cousin tricked out his m&p 15-22
all the money he spent putting accessories... he could have gotten a real AR... what an idiot

my cousin tricked out his m&p 15-22
all the money he spent putting accessories... he could have gotten a real AR... what an idiot

.22LR = $0.03/round
.223/5.56 = $.40/round

Not so much of an idiot...

.22LR = $0.03/round
.223/5.56 = $.40/round

Not so much of an idiot...
you'd think he was an idiot when you found out what he paid for all that crap he put on lol
and i havent seen 22lr in months... good luck finding it for .03 a round
on gunbot its going for more like .14 to .30 a round and thats not including shipping lol
guess you havent bought ammo in a long long time
im shooting 5.56 today while my cousin is on facebook asking if anyones seen 22lr so he can go shooting with his laser/flashlight/reflex + magnifier

Your never an idiot if you enjoy your purchase.

I love 22s and they are a lot of fun.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

Your never an idiot if you enjoy your purchase.

I love 22s and they are a lot of fun.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk
i love 22s also but i am not gonna spend over a thousand bucks on one
im gonna buy the conversion kit for $199 and just swap out bolts and mags... but im not gonna do it until ammo becomes more available and cheaper

Lol, I'm not even sure if I responded to this thread in the past but I bought two more this year so here goes:

My first two were bought my rookie year in 1990:

NYPD Ruger Police Service Six, 4" .38
Ruger SPNY .38 (just a rebadged SP-101) for off duty

In 1994 I went with a Glock 19

And earlier this year, 19 years since my last purchase, I bought a Kahr PM9 and a Seecamp LWS32, love 'em both. Sometime this year I'll also grab a .45, leaning heavily toward the Springfield XDs.

i love 22s also but i am not gonna spend over a thousand bucks on one
im gonna buy the conversion kit for $199 and just swap out bolts and mags... but im not gonna do it until ammo becomes more available and cheaper

I've seen issues with the fast twist rates in 223 when using 22lr.

I'm not saying your wrong, just that as long as he's happy who cares.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

Lol, I'm not even sure if I responded to this thread in the past but I bought two more this year so here goes:

My first two were bought my rookie year in 1990:

NYPD Ruger Police Service Six, 4" .38
Ruger SPNY .38 (just a rebadged SP-101) for off duty

In 1994 I went with a Glock 19

And earlier this year, 19 years since my last purchase, I bought a Kahr PM9 and a Seecamp LWS32, love 'em both. Sometime this year I'll also grab a .45, leaning heavily toward the Springfield XDs.
I've got the XDS. It's a sweet little gun!

I've got the XDS. It's a sweet little gun!

Everyone seems to love it and all that I've read on the web supports the same, hickok45 on Youtube loves it too. I haven't shot one but I've handled a friend's, love the size, weight, and balance to it. Just feels great in the hand and I LOVE the concealability.

I'm sure I'll go that way. Lol... I should've had one by now but golf season and my urge to buy new equipment is winning out!

im flip flopping around... i might get a 12ga before i get a glock but the gunstore has layaway so i might do that

Everyone seems to love it and all that I've read on the web supports the same, hickok45 on Youtube loves it too. I haven't shot one but I've handled a friend's, love the size, weight, and balance to it. Just feels great in the hand and I LOVE the concealability.

I'm sure I'll go that way. Lol... I should've had one by now but golf season and my urge to buy new equipment is winning out!

I'm in the market for a compact or subcompact. I was looking at the Glock 23 or 27. I was able to handle both and the 27 is just too small. Because of all the reviews on here and online I wanted to look at the XDS. As soon as I picked it up I didn't like it. It doesn't feel right. I was surprised. I'll end up with a Glock soon.

I'm in the market for a compact or subcompact. I was looking at the Glock 23 or 27. I was able to handle both and the 27 is just too small. Because of all the reviews on here and online I wanted to look at the XDS. As soon as I picked it up I didn't like it. It doesn't feel right. I was surprised. I'll end up with a Glock soon.

I have a glock 26 (same size as a 27) as my compact /carry, and agree it seems too small when you first hold it at the shop but after some range time with it learning to two finger hold it I have found it very good for what it's designed for.

Many dismiss the 26/27 as too small because of the two finger grip needed but those same people don't really give it a chance to get use to it. Before you make your choice spend some range time with both and you may surprise yourself.... I did.

did you try it with the extended mag? gives your pinky better purchase when shooting

now here's a 22 that i would pay some coin for

Can't go wrong with Glock, I'm a fan. The only thing I don't really like about the XDS is the aggressive checkering to the grip. Looks cool but I'm sure I wouldn't like it while firing. No matter, I use Talon Grips on my pistols, love 'em.

I agree with bhilln in that you'd be surprised how quickly you can adjust to a smaller pistol. My PM9 felt like a toy to me when handling it in the shop but I was committed to go small for ease of concealment. First trip to the range with it, I put 230 rounds down the pipe. Not a problem from the start and it's felt great to me ever since. Only effect is, although I carried it on and off-duty for 18 years, my Glock 19 feels huge now! :smile:

did you try it with the extended mag? gives your pinky better purchase when shooting

True story.
4ybezepu.jpg

Without extended mag.
5epuzeqe.jpg

With extended mag.

I call Walmart at midnight to find out they have 12 boxes (525) of .22LR only to get there at 6:30 to find out, as of yesterday, they are limiting 1 box per customer now.

WOW... just my luck.

Fairly new to this forum site. My other love besides family/god/country are firearms. I am an avid hunter, hence archery68 as my title. I am ex-military. Active duty Army as an engineer, (exposives) Combat veteran in the 101st Airborne. NRA certified instructor in Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Home defense, and personal protection. I am certified to teach conceal carry in Missouri. I have owned several glocks, FN, and springfield xd pistols as many have mentioned. They are all good and it comes to what fits your hand the best and what you shoot the best. Yesterday I carried a glock 19 concealed and today I carried a full size XDM 40 cal. I trust them all with my life. The thing about glocks, springfields, FN, and others like Smith&Wesson, Ruger, H&K, sig, have a great thing in common, they all go bang everytime. I have never experienced a failure to fire with any of them, keep in mind that I am not talking about a competition pistol, like one that has several thousand rounds through them. Things can and do wear out. But if you get a quality pistol from any of the major manufacturers like I mentioned, they will go bang when you need them to, period. For the people wondering about the compacts, I also have 2 of them, a glock 26 and a springfield XDM compact 40 and I have added the extended magazine plates to the mags and they work great. I have the kind that add two rounds to the overall capacity and also the kind that just add a place to put your pinky. They both are good, personal preference thing. Hope this has helped. Let me know If I can help out anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back