The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just stupid...this is not South Dakota.

BJNTR6-CMAErQ7G.jpg:large

I just said to my wife that my daughter was sitting "indian style" I was informed that it is no longer called that. It is now called "criss cross applesauce" There is no hope for humanity.

I just said to my wife that my daughter was sitting "indian style" I was informed that it is no longer called that. It is now called "criss cross applesauce" There is no hope for humanity.

Indian style is offensive... so so so dumb.

I just came in from cutting the lawn. Fricking allergies suck :angry:. It takes me two days to get over the dust and pollen but it looks good out there :thumb:

Our accounting department is too stupid to follow their own guidelines & procedures. Now the freaking sales guys will be in charge of writing the invoice, folding, stuffing & mailing the damn things. I don't recall signing on as an admin.

I've had no veggie carbs today, this is not a good thing at all, I'm starting to crash.

Our accounting department is too stupid to follow their own guidelines & procedures. Now the freaking sales guys will be in charge of writing the invoice, folding, stuffing & mailing the damn things. I don't recall signing on as an admin.

Look on the bright side. It could be worse.

I just came in from cutting the lawn. Fricking allergies suck :angry:. It takes me two days to get over the dust and pollen but it looks good out there :thumb:

Amen OG, allergies are my worst enemy. I've been laid up on the couch since Monday afternoon. Too miserable to even open the windows of the house in 85* weather.

Dan

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

I swear every 3 days there's a new slow play thread.

Funny, I am an admin, and I didn't sign on to proofread and correct work from my salesman LOL.

4 leases were put on my desk today to process, all 4 had major errors including the term... the payment... the customer name...

I've had no veggie carbs today, this is not a good thing at all, I'm starting to crash.

I feel ya man. That plus the heat and I can't even get up right now.

Funny, I am an admin, and I didn't sign on to proofread and correct work from my salesman LOL.

4 leases were put on my desk today to process, all 4 had major errors including the term... the payment... the customer name...

But the sales guy did the hard part. We, through superior people skills, product/service knowledge & never ending bright side, talked a complete stranger into trusting us & most importantly giving us money they didn't have for stuff they didn't need. That my friend ain't easy.
I've appreciated every admin that I've worked with or worked for me but I am not one. My spelling is horrible, there is not a word to describe my filing system but get me in front of a customer & I'll show you what a pimp looks like.

But the sales guy did the hard part. We, through superior people skills, product/service knowledge & never ending bright side, talked a complete stranger into trusting us & most importantly giving us money they didn't have for stuff they didn't need. That my friend ain't easy.
I've appreciated every admin that I've worked with or worked for me but I am not one. My spelling is horrible, there is not a word to describe my filing system but get me in front of a customer & I'll show you what a pimp looks like.

As I said before. Look on the bright side. You could be collecting unemployment.

I really get tired of hearing "it's not my job".

As I said before. Look on the bright side. You could be collecting unemployment.

I really get tired of hearing "it's not my job".

I get it brotha but what kills me is the reason behind it. They set the process but can't adhere to it. The sales guy try's to fix everything between 2 parties & both decide that you should handle it. I'm in the office maybe 1 day a week, invoicing gets done when it gets done I guess.

I'm sitting in my easy chair watching American Idol when one of our cats (Buster) kept meowing. He wanted to go outside and I had locked the door for the night. He kept on meowing so I sprayed his arse with a water bottle! The little shat kept meowing and I sprayed him again :banghead:. He runs off comes back and lays down by my chair. He let's me dry him off and then he jumps up, bites me on the toe, and hauls arse. Looks back, meows real loud and his facial expression is hilarious like, " spray me again you old fart" :zsimpsons:

I'm sitting in my easy chair watching American Idol when one of our cats (Buster) kept meowing. He wanted to go outside and I had locked the door for the night. He kept on meowing so I sprayed his arse with a water bottle! The little shat kept meowing and I sprayed him again :banghead:. He runs off comes back and lays down by my chair. He let's me dry him off and then he jumps up, bites me on the toe, and hauls arse. Looks back, meows real loud and his facial expression is hilarious like, " spray me again you old fart" :zsimpsons:

You are priceless. Looking forward to meeting you in person in a couple weeks.

You are priceless. Looking forward to meeting you in person in a couple weeks.

Looking forward to meeting ya and it's gonna be a blast for sure :thumb:

Smart cat. :devil:

I get it brotha but what kills me is the reason behind it. They set the process but can't adhere to it. The sales guy try's to fix everything between 2 parties & both decide that you should handle it. I'm in the office maybe 1 day a week, invoicing gets done when it gets done I guess.

I hear ya totally. Venting helps a ton I find. As does whacking someone in the side of the head sometimes. I run an office where of the 6 employees, one of them isn't lazy. No one has the balls to fire anyone or doll out any discipline. Nothing ever changes.

FML

My neighbor asked if she and her brother could access some of her trees from my yard to top them. I did agree. I am now watching large sections of trees fall in my yard, some on my deck. Sometimes a little common sense would go a long way...is it too hard to figure out that they need to make a larger number of smaller cuts so smaller pieces fall closer to the fence? Grumble.

For months now, I've been hearing that the economy is supposed to be getting better. If anything I've seen it get worse. Instead of 2-3 years experience, now everyone wants 5-6. I graduated a year ago, 2 degrees (accounting and management) with honors, tons of achievements and accolades, and 7+ years of work experience, and I can't get freaking anything! I've applied for jobs any and everywhere for a load of different stuff, and nothing, nada, zilch. All I want is a professional job so I can get some experience and that pays enough to make a living. I'm sure my incredibly terrible luck isn't doing me any favors, but this is beyond ridiculous.

Why does it some times feel that you have never picked up a golf club before. I don't understand that. The last 2 holes (only played 9 as this was league night) were not played with any desire to be there.
Also, why does a golfer rush to hit his shot and make the rest of the group feel rushed, just to go sit on the next tee box for 10 or more minutes.
And finally, why would a golfer hit his shot and walk to his next shot, standing in your line of sight or right in your way, and never think that he might just get killed when I drive this 6i shot right into the back of him. Or the wedge from 10yds behind him. Did not even think that he was the first to chip up to the green and that the next player, me, might just be getting ready to hit his chip. No, this guy has to walk up to hit his second chip, because the first did not make the green.
No, it was not an enjoyable day on the course.

I have a horrible signature. Should have been a doctor.

When I need to write legibly, like on policy forms and such, I have a decent signature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back