2014 THP Events---Where would you travel to?

mikedean441

6X HOF
Reaction score
Handicap
The brainstorming has already begun for the 2014 THP Events. Below is a list of locations throughout the US, and we at THP are simply looking for you to answer....Would you go to an event in this city?

This list is by no means an indication of where events will be held, but the information gathered will certainly assist us with determining locations for 2014 events.

Please indicate with a yes/no/maybe your potential willingness to travel to an event if held in the areas below.

thanks

1. Orlando
2. San Francisco
3. Phoenix
4. New Orleans
5. Dallas
6. Denver
7. Hilton Head
8. Memphis
9. Columbus, OH
10. Atlanta
11. Kansas City
12. Pittsburgh
13. Charlotte
14. Baltimore
15. "New England"
16. Chicago
17. Philadelphia
18. Milwaukee

Thank you in advance for your feedback

Last edited:
For me Columbus Pittsburgh and Philly would be ideal

Tapa Slice

Columbus and Pittsburgh would be a for sure from this guy.

If the leash was extended far enough, I would go to any or all of them.

You have Memphis twice Deano.....are you really wanting to go to TN or something?

Next year after moving Orlando may be my only option , but you may want to add Indianapolis to the list , quite a few Hoosiers have made the trec to Ohio for every one of the local events, tour van stop and the Invitational , just a suggestion

Milwaukee. Without a doubt would be worth the travel for almost everybody.

You have Memphis twice Deano.....are you really wanting to go to TN or something?

yeah, I was just seeing if someone would catch that :alien:, I also did it with Dallas too...stupid map

Dallas is also listed twice.

1. Orlando - Maybe
2. San Francisco - No
3. Phoenix - No
4. New Orleans - Yes
5. Dallas - Yes
6. Denver - No
7. Hilton Head - Maybe
8. Memphis - No
9. Columbus, OH - No
10. Atlanta - No
11. Kansas City - Maybe
12. Pittsburgh - No
13. Charlotte - No
14. Baltimore - No
15. "New England" - No
16. Chicago - No
17. Philadelphia - No
18. Milwaukee - No

1. Orlando -Yes
2. San Francisco - No
3. Phoenix - No
4. New Orleans - Maybe
5. Dallas - No
6. Denver - No
7. Hilton Head - Maybe
8. Memphis - Maybe
9. Columbus, OH - YES
10. Atlanta - Maybe
11. Kansas City - No
12. Pittsburgh - Yes
13. Charlotte - Maybe
14. Baltimore - No
15. "New England" - No
16. Chicago - Maybe
17. Philadelphia - Maybe
18. Milwaukee - No

I just got a fantastic vision of THPers visiting Erin Hills.

San Francisco sounds pretty sweet.

New England, Philly, Baltimore yes
Orlando, Milwaukee (maybe)- depends on timing with work

On my iPhone T.. T.. Tapatalking away!

Dallas Kansas City and New Orleans. All really depends on my job situation but dallas and KC are pretty much no brainers for me. I'd love to do one further away but cannot say until I find a job

1. Orlando- possibly
2. San Francisco-no
3. Phoenix-no
4. New Orleans- yes
5. Dallas-no
6. Denver- no
7. Hilton Head- yes
8. Memphis- yes
9. Columbus, OH- maybe
10. Atlanta- no
11. Kansas City- maybe
12. Pittsburgh- no
13. Charlotte- oh yeah
14. Baltimore- yes
15. "New England"- depends on where exactly
16. Chicago- no
17. Philadelphia- yes
18. Milwaukee- no

I know there is some East Coast bias but if I dont have to get on a plane I would prefer that unless it is some place cool I have never been.

1. Orlando - Maybe
7. Hilton Head - Maybe
8. Memphis - Maybe
9. Columbus, OH - Maybe
10. Atlanta - Yes

I reserve the right to show up somewhere beyond those indicated above. Mike - I might suggest Nashville instead of Memphis because you would probably get more participants from KY, ATL, East TN, and Alabama than could get to Memphis.

I would absolutley love to go to New Orleans, Memphis and Atlanta. I just hope they are not too close together, I may just have to pick a couple. The 2014 year is my travel year for THP. I am pumped.

1. Orlando - Maybe
7. Hilton Head - Maybe
8. Memphis - Maybe
9. Columbus, OH - Maybe
10. Atlanta - Yes

I reserve the right to show up somewhere beyond those indicated above. Mike - I might suggest Nashville instead of Memphis because you would probably get more participants from KY, ATL, East TN, and Alabama than could get to Memphis.

I would like Nashville instead of Memphis and I am from sourthern Alabama. There just seems to be a greater population surrounding the Nashville area.

1. Orlando (would love a home invite)
3. Phoenix (great courses)
4. New Orleans (the city is just cool)
6. Denver(long ball)
7. Hilton Head (great tracks)
8. Memphis (BBQ)
9. Columbus, OH (buddies live here)
10. Atlanta ( 2nd home)
11. Kansas City (BBQ)
13. Charlotte (great place)
15. "New England" (of course)
16. Chicago (food, people and golf)
17. Philadelphia (thumper lives here)

My 2014 travel budget is being blown in 2013. I don't think I could make any of these work. We are trying to get a group together to do something in the Minneapolis area later this year and can hopefully draw enough interest to get a tour van stop in the future.

I would like Nashville instead of Memphis and I am from sourthern Alabama. There just seems to be a greater population surrounding the Nashville area.

That's what I would be worried about with a Memphis event. While there are a few THPers in Memphis, it's kind of a hard city to get to.

Mike - Another thought might be to do Birmingham instead of Atlanta just to have somewhere new (although messing with the ATL stop is about like messing with the Ohio stop).

1. Orlando - Maybe
2. San Francisco - No
3. Phoenix - No
4. New Orleans - Maybe
5. Dallas - No
6. Denver - No
7. Hilton Head - Maybe
8. Memphis - No
9. Columbus, OH - Yes
10. Atlanta - No
11. Kansas City - No
12. Pittsburgh - YES
13. Charlotte - No
14. Baltimore - Yes
15. "New England" - Maybe
16. Chicago - No
17. Philadelphia - Yes
18. Milwaukee - No

Orlando is a maybe because flights are often cheap from Pittsburgh/I have family there. New Orleans would be a maybe because I've never been but it's on the list of places I must see. Hilton Head is a maybe because I went there for the first time this year and loved it. Columbus is a slam dunk. Cool city, easy drive. Baltimore isn't my favorite place but again, easy drive. Philly is an awesome city, easy drive. I'm going to try to do New England this year so it's a maybe.

And, of course, I think THP should visit the gem that is Pittsburgh!

That's what I would be worried about with a Memphis event. While there are a few THPers in Memphis, it's kind of a hard city to get to.

Mike - Another thought might be to do Birmingham instead of Atlanta just to have somewhere new (although messing with the ATL stop is about like messing with the Ohio stop).

noted...the list is truely a "rough" draft

Back