Callaway RAZR Fit Xtreme Driver - THP Preview & Review Thread

Damn Nate, that is HAWT!! Absolutely love that photo you took of the sole, well done man!

she's a beaut Clark!

Wake and Nate with some Hotness for sure! That blacked out is surprisingly awesome Nate and that Red shouts out power Wake, well done gents!

I had my first on course action with my red beauty today, and WOW is still that can be said. More thoughts to come, but I can say I was impressed.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

The black on black looks killer, but man I want to steal Wake's driver.

Nate- That driver just made my heart melt. Holy hell that is gorgeous! I'm super jelly right now of that! I mean, I love the stock green in my head and head cover, but that murdered look is priceless. Just screams 350+ bombs!

Played my first round with the Black Beauty and it was wonderful....for the most part. Was 8 for 13 in fairways. I lost a few coming down the stretch or it would had been more impressive. The Fubuki shaft is stout and solid! No twisting in the wind with this bad boy! I did find my "misses" were to the left now. I would get quick, I could feed the head already coming through before the swing and would snap it. Might switch the weights around and have the 13g on the toe and the 1g on the heel to see if it helps. Not anything that a few range sessions this weekend can't cure I'm sure.

The ball flight with the 9.5 is exactly where I want it to be! When hitting into the wind it was lethal. On the lower end of a mid ball flight but very penetrating through the air. My buddy grabbed it a few times to hit it and was also impressed with the driver itself (and he's not really a Callaway guy).

Gonna hit the range a few times this weekend and try and get a bit more comfortable with it and make some tweeks to the engine. But I absolutely love this driver. It is LONG!!

Hit this the other day. If I didn't need new irons and a putter this year, it would probably be in the bag. Such a nice club.

9/12 FIR with this bad boy today. 9.5 open with draw weights is straight as an arrow with a low to mid flight and good amount of roll. Can't be happier with this club!

Great write ups. Good hearing such positive things about the Xtreme I know I can't wait to get home to see mine! I've been seeing some really amazing results with the xhot and I'm nervous that the Xtreme might not keep up with the xhot but I was hitting the Xtreme further and straighter on the sim and during my fitting. Should be fun to put them head to head. I know looks wise for me the Xtreme takes the prize over the xhot especially with my udesign.

Spent about 30-40 minutes with the driver on the range this morning. Took the 1g weight and moved it to the heel. With the weight kit I bought I put the 8g at the toe. Seems to be working a bit better and not missing them left anymore. Made a slight swing adjustment with my set up and was stroking the drives from the middle point on. Always a work in progress but was happy with the adjustments that I made.

I also took the driver in to one of the pros who's a Callaway guy and I almost didn't get it back. He was psyched about how it looked. Will probably play around with the weights a bit more before I get settled in but like the way it's headed.

I just ordered the RFE with a white crown and red sole. I got the UST V2 65 regular flex. I cant wait to get it so i payed an extra 25 bucks to overnight it.

I just ordered the RFE with a white crown and red sole. I got the UST V2 65 regular flex. I cant wait to get it so i payed an extra 25 bucks to overnight it.

That will look sick, love all the Udesigns running around here.

Also do all the RFE udesigns come with an all black headcover?

Trinity shaft?

No I went for the UST Proforce V2 65 based on the fact that this is one of the straightest shafts I've hit.

well i came home from an amazing weekend in AC with THPers and crushing my XHOT to my Morgan Cup Driver which i'm hoping is even better than the XHOT! I am completely blown away by how good this driver looks in person. the Udesign looks great! i went black on black Udesign 10.5* loft with a Matrix 7m3 Stiff flex the driver is playing 47" which i have been playing and was playing in my XHOT. shaft in this really is stiff looking forward to getting out tomorrow to hit it a little bit and start getting used to another shaft. i really think the whole package looks great from the head and etching i got in mine to the head cover and even the grip! So here it is! my #XBOMBER! #BRINGIT

DSC00901_zpsa26744e2.jpg
DSC00902_zpsb06277a3.jpg
DSC00903_zpsc831aa6c.jpg
DSC00904_zpsb857db8a.jpg
DSC00905_zpse05774b4.jpg
DSC00906_zps968bc826.jpg
DSC00907_zps3fd6c6b2.jpg
DSC00908_zps67595392.jpg
DSC00910_zps3060dbe2.jpg
DSC00911_zps0ca0b475.jpg

I'm playing my first round at my home club with my RFE, I've hit it 5 times, hit 4 fairways and 2 bomb patch worthy drives. If this keeps up, my MC scramble partner will need only his wedges.

I'm playing my first round at my home club with my RFE, I've hit it 5 times, hit 4 fairways and 2 bomb patch worthy drives. If this keeps up, my MC scramble partner will need only his wedges.

good to see you're hitting over 320.... i wasn't sure if i'd see the same distance i was with my XHOT but after todays range session i think its gonna be close with much better control. hopefully get some head to head numbers this week just because i'm curious.

Buck, that's gorgeous.

320's...I might quit if I hit one that far. I'm honestly really eager to hit this one next week, a 10.5 and I will be spending some QT together.

good to see you're hitting over 320.... i wasn't sure if i'd see the same distance i was with my XHOT but after todays range session i think its gonna be close with much better control. hopefully get some head to head numbers this week just because i'm curious.

It definitely won't be normal for me, but we had a STOUT wind this afternoon, I got lucky and hit several bombs straight down wind. I had ended up hitting 3 over 320 today. I'm usually lucky if I hit 3 in 10 rounds.

Actually, the most impressive ball I hit today was dead into the wind, ended up about 280 out there. I hit it, and figured it would be around 90 out since I was hitting dead into the wind. When I couldn't find my ball I drove up a little ways and found it sitting in a divot 50 yards from center of the green. It was in the same area I normally hit the ball on a good drive with no wind. I've been seriously impressed with how well this combo does into the wind, I'm getting much more distance into the wind than I normally do, even though I'm still hitting the ball high, just with 0 ballooning.

It definitely won't be normal for me, but we had a STOUT wind this afternoon, I got lucky and hit several bombs straight down wind. I had ended up hitting 3 over 320 today. I'm usually lucky if I hit 3 in 10 rounds.

Actually, the most impressive ball I hit today was dead into the wind, ended up about 280 out there. I hit it, and figured it would be around 90 out since I was hitting dead into the wind. When I couldn't find my ball I drove up a little ways and found it sitting in a divot 50 yards from center of the green. It was in the same area I normally hit the ball on a good drive with no wind. I've been seriously impressed with how well this combo does into the wind, I'm getting much more distance into the wind than I normally do, even though I'm still hitting the ball high, just with 0 ballooning.

With the shaft and a 9.5* that has to be a low bomber I was fit 10.5* closed on the monitor but I played it neutral today to get a feel for her. I can't wait to see what kind of roll I finally get with this thing.

Back