Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
hah, I don't know why you'd want to ponder too much Jack, you've got a pretty sweet set of equipment for a 17 year old!
Uh yeah. I was early 20s, in the military, when I first started and I played with some KMart Dunlops for years. I didn't buy new irons until the Cobra FPs caught my eye. I bought them used for cheap! Hell, I still have my old Adams A4 irons somewhere that I would play without hesitation if I damaged/lost my current set somehow. Back then I also had a Big Bertha knockoff driver with a dent in the crown. A cheesy 3 wood and some more KMart wedges. Oh, don't forget that Knight putter. BAM! I was stylin'.

Uh yeah. I was early 20s, in the military, when I first started and I played with some KMart Dunlops for years. I didn't buy new irons until the Cobra FPs caught my eye. I bought them used for cheap! Hell, I still have my old Adams A4 irons somewhere that I would play without hesitation if I damaged/lost my current set somehow. Back then I also had a Big Bertha knockoff driver with a dent in the crown. A cheesy 3 wood and some more KMart wedges. Oh, don't forget that Knight putter. BAM! I was stylin'.

This was pretty much my set for the first years of my golfing career as well. $150 full bag set, some no name sand wedge and a super crappy knight putter. LOL Good times.

Dude...I'm playing a set irons I built when I was in high school my JR. year in the fall of 97. Do I want new irons, sure. Do I make enough money to afford new irons, sure. Are those the most important thing in my budget to get, nope. New irons and equipment are great when you have the extra funds to do it. You're 17 in highschool on a forum full of people who are successful in their careers that are twice, three times your age who have disposable income to spend on all the newest stuff. You don't have the latest and greatest at your age. I'm playing off a 5 right now and was down to mid-3 last year with a bunch of old equipment that I knew how to get the most out of. Spend your time worrying about getting the most out of what you have and not worrying about your buddy who has the latest. Work on your game and play circles around him. That's what I did in school.
When im the best on the team, and have the nicest bag, i dont have too many other people to run circles around. And just because i have a nice bag already doesnt mean i dont want it to be nicer..

Looked at an Amp Cell driver on ebay. That was a mistake.

When im the best on the team, and have the nicest bag, i dont have too many other people to run circles around. And just because i have a nice bag already doesnt mean i dont want it to be nicer..
Does new = nice?

I play older irons, and I think they are still some of the best/nicest on the market.

Looked at an Amp Cell driver on ebay. That was a mistake.

Nice! So far a very solid offering. Ball wants to go straight. What color are you thinking? I think the blue is awesome, but I'm happy with the red as well. They really can't be fully appreciated until you get that paint out in the sunlight though.

Hadn't even thought about it. I imagine I can't get orange. My bag is blue and I wouldn't want people to think I'm a gator fan.

Hadn't even thought about it. I imagine I can't get orange. My bag is blue and I wouldn't want people to think I'm a gator fan.
Sure you can. Auburn would gladly have you as a supporter.

Does new = nice?

I play older irons, and I think they are still some of the best/nicest on the market.
Well the irons i mentioned (rbldz tour, xhp) are sure nicer than mine. At least from what ive hit so far..

Does new = nice?

Agreed. The irons in my bag came out in 2006 I think, and they work a ton better than what I was using last year..

It's all about perception!

Hmm... well then. Tough call, you dont want to risk being called a gator.
Exactly, its quite a dilemma. I like orange, and I think the driver looks good in orange, but the chances of being confused as a gator fan are too likely. I don't want to deal with that hassle.

Exactly, its quite a dilemma. I like orange, and I think the driver looks good in orange, but the chances of being confused as a gator fan are too likely. I don't want to deal with that hassle.
Sounds like it's time to ponder a new bag.

I planned on WPFing some Rotex MBs but I kind of want a new iPod touch instead of a second wedge set.

THPing on Tapatalk

I'm thinking about Ebaying my JPX 60 degree and getting a 58 degree instead. I kind of feel like 6 degrees is too big of a gap between wedges.

I went to dicks today to check out some wedges, I noticed that the Ping Tour-S Rustique were $70, as well as the Cleveland 588, I think I may buy one!

A 5 wood or 18 degree hybrid

I'm thinking about Ebaying my JPX 60 degree and getting a 58 degree instead. I kind of feel like 6 degrees is too big of a gap between wedges.

A solid #wpf

I've got a few sets of wedges lying around. Thinking of selling the 50/54/58 VR Pro forged and picking up another set of Vokeys. Hmmm #WPF

Tapping away on my S3

I've got a few sets of wedges lying around. Thinking of selling the 50/54/58 VR Pro forged and picking up another set of Vokeys. Hmmm #WPF

Tapping away on my S3

50/54/58 in the vokeys too?

50/54/58 in the vokeys too?

Yup. Switched to that setup and its hard to go back to just a 52/56 setup. Never bagged a 60. Found the 60* wedges to be a little more difficult to hit and not as versatile as the 58* 's for me

Tapping away on my S3

Yup. Switched to that setup and its hard to go back to just a 52/56 setup. Never bagged a 60. Found the 60* wedges to be a little more difficult to hit and not as versatile as the 58* 's for me

Tapping away on my S3

Copy cat lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back