Sidelined for a while

DrMWP

Reaction score
Handicap
The wifey and I went out to dinner with friends Saturday at one of our favorite places. Great food, drink and company. Woke up around 1:30 am with stomach cramps, I thought it was indigestion or maybe food poisoning. Couldn't go back to sleep so I went downstairs as not to disturb the wife and kids. The pain got worse and worse, but I didn't feel nauseous or anything like that, just terrible cramps. By 4:30 I was feeling really horrible, unbelievable pain, doubling me over, taking my breath away and I finally woke up my wife and said I needed to go to the hospital. She called her mom and dad to come watch the kids. Off to the ER, when I finally got in, they started an IV and got some pain killers going. X-rays, a CT scan an ultrasound (5 or 6 hours past) Dr tells my my gallbladder is coming out. In pre-op by 1:30 and done two hours later. Overnight stay in the hospital. Now on the mend. Nothing more than light cardio for a while and no golf for six weeks. Crap. Worst part is my poor wife dealing with this on Mother's Day.

Get better soon.

damn dude, here's to a quick recovery

That's a definite bummer man. Best of luck to you and your recovery. Going to be tough not touching a club for a while. Time to practice that putting!

That really stinks. I hope you have a speedy recovery!

Best of luck DrMWP...play lots of mini golf? Gotta keep the putting stroke intact at least!

Sorry to hear this. Hopefully you begin to feel better soon

Sorry to hear! Do yourself a favor and get an indoor putting green and putt putt putt putt putt. Youre game will be better than ever.

Get well soon and take it easy for a while

In some ways you are lucky it has been removed as they could have just sent you home again once the pain died down but you could have been struck by the same sort of pain again at any time until they did decide to remove it

heres hoping to a fast recovery

Here here to a quick recovery. You'll be out golfing again before you know it, but stay rested until then.

Get well soon and take it easy for a while

In some ways you are lucky it has been removed as they could have just sent you home again once the pain died down but you could have been struck by the same sort of pain again at any time until they did decide to remove it

Yeah, I really glad they decided to take it out that day. Get it over with.

Feel better

Sorry to hear it, get well soon.

Wow glad your okay, get well soon.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk

Dude, sorry to hear. Get better soon!

Get better soon. 6 weeks puts you right in time for for the Illinois Invitational in your area..... That would be a pretty sweet welcome back to the game!

Welcome to the club. I had to go through 3 separate attacks before mine came out, and what a relief that was. You'll recover and be just fine.

Heres to a speedy recovery!

Get better soon!

Thats a bummer dude. My wife had the same issue a couple months back, except she is pregnant so we can't do anything until after baby comes! Get well soon

I hate to hear that man. I sure wish you a speedy recovery.

Bummer! Hope you get better soon. I've been on "injured reserve" since mid-February and will probably be on it throughout the summer! At least we have THP!!

Bummer! Get well soon!

Back