Rules on white belts

Last year during a round, to screw with my friends and give them a laugh, I actually wore a white shirt, white belt, white shorts, white shoes and white hat! Even my no show socks were white! Needless to say, I heard more than one "Good Humor Man" comment!

Hmmm... maybe time to pull that out this week!

Last year during a round, to screw with my friends and give them a laugh, I actually wore a white shirt, white belt, white shorts, white shoes and white hat! Even my no show socks were white! Needless to say, I heard more than one "Good Humor Man" comment!

Hmmm... maybe time to pull that out this week!
I've done the all white outfit of awesomeness in a tournament me and a bunch of buddies play in every year. Needless to say, it's awesome.

That's OK if you're a serious gamer but I've never seen any overweight 35+ sporting a white belt that was a gamer:act-up:

I am 35, 50 pounds overweight and a 9 handicap. Am I OK?

If you're over 35 and sporting any kind of a belly they make you look like a foolish Ricky Fowler wannabe! That's OK if you're a serious gamer but I've never seen any overweight 35+ sporting a white belt that was a gamer:act-up:

This guy is pretty good.

6yradyde.jpg

Ok now I am confused, everyone is saying match belt to shoes, but what if you wear white shoes but dont want to wear a white belt? Is black belt ok?

Ok now I am confused, everyone is saying match belt to shoes, but what if you wear white shoes but dont want to wear a white belt? Is black belt ok?

What are you matching to the belt? Is there anymore whit in the outfit?

What are you matching to the belt? Is there anymore whit in the outfit?

White hat. Usually I wear white hat, solid colored shirt, black belt, black or khaki shorts and white shoes.

White hat. Usually I wear white hat, solid colored shirt, black belt, black or khaki shorts and white shoes.

I would say you're good. But my wife does dress me often.

KellyBo told me, "old men with fat bellies are prohibited from wearing them". :bulgy-eyes: That's about all I got to say about this.
OH crap!!!!!
old me with fat bellies are prohibited from wearing them, unless they are wearing cargo jorts or loudmouth shorts. :angel:
Whew!! You saved me!!

No. You need to shave a few strokes. :)

mpwIjQJl.jpg

Alright, I will shelve the white belt for the reversible black/brown until I'm a 6? We good? :)

mpwIjQJl.jpg

Alright, I will shelve the white belt for the reversible black/brown until I'm a 6? We good? :)
I think the white belt looks fine with that outfit. I say sport it.

Your belt must match your shoes, aside from any other rule you can possibly come up with.
Same rules at the workplace, would you wear brown shoes with a black belt? Nope Or black shoes with a brown belt? nope.
People understand this as a universal rule.
So when they look at you and your belt doesnt' match your shoes... it's a no-go.
There's no way around that.

Your belt must match your shoes, aside from any other rule you can possibly come up with.
Same rules at the workplace, would you wear brown shoes with a black belt? Nope Or black shoes with a brown belt? nope.
People understand this as a universal rule.
So when they look at you and your belt doesnt' match your shoes... it's a no-go.
There's no way around that.

I can think of a couple of acceptions to this "rule".

I can think of a couple of acceptions to this "rule".
Thinking on it myself so can I, a few uniforms for various groups, some even military.

Belt and shoes match is the best answer. But like I care if you match. I like to look nice but, I'd prefer worrying about my game :act-up:

Thinking on it myself so can I, a few uniforms for various groups, some even military.

I can think of even suit and tie occasions.

interesting topic...i've always matched belt to shoes but have noticed a trend of late particularly with the younger, up and comers on tour these days...and especially early on in the season pre-masters.

belts not necessarily matching shoes but matching an accent color off the shirt (keegan bradley and frederik jacobson comes to mind)

Keegan-Bradley-II.jpg
The+Barclays+Round+Three+GP66HOJOtSMl.jpg

Back