Why Do All the TV Shows I Like Get Cancelled?

Harry Longshanks

ILikeBigPutts&ICannotLie
Reaction score
Just off the top of my head:

1. Pushing Daisies
  2. The Unusuals
  3. Defying Gravity
  4. Chuck (seems imminent)
Everything that isn't a run-of-the-mill murder mystery, soap opera, reality show, or SitCom never seems to make it.

These were the Top 20 shows last week:

1. NCIS
  2. DANCING WITH THE STARS
  3. NCIS: LOS ANGELES
  4. NBC SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL- INDIANAPOLIS AT TENNESSEE
  5. CSI
  6. MENTALIST, THE
  7. 60 MINUTES
  8. GREY'S ANATOMY
  9. CRIMINAL MINDS
  10. HOUSE
  11. GOOD WIFE, THE
  12. CSI: MIAMI
  13. DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES
  14. TWO AND A HALF MEN
  15. BIG BANG THEORY, THE
  16. CSI: NY
  17. DANCING W/STARS RESULTS
  18. SUNDAY NIGHT NFL PRE-KICK
  19. SURVIVOR: SAMOA
  20. AMAZING RACE 15
1, 3, 5, 6, 9, 12, and 16 are basically the same show.
13 is a variation on the theme. I haven't seen 11, but it looks like the same sorta deal.

2 and 17 ARE the same show.

The rest are sitcoms, reality, chick shows (Grey's Anatomy and Desperate Housewives), and football (which is fine with me - but not all that innovative.)

I really liked Journeyman a couple of years ago..A little like Quantum Leap. It lasted about half a year. Studio City on the Sunset Strip was another one that I liked that didn't last. The NCIS stuff I just started watching last year, so I am catching up on all the re-runs.

Is Chuck still on? I haven't seen any advertising for it?

Is Chuck still on? I haven't seen any advertising for it?

Delayed until winter. Mid-season replacement time. Usually the death knell for a program.

I forgot "Reaper." That was another one I liked.

Delayed until winter. Mid-season replacement time. Usually the death knell for a program.

I forgot "Reaper." That was another one I liked.

Yeah they picked Chuck back up for 13 episodes and a reduced budget.

Out of those 20 shows I watched 2 of them. I love Big Bang Theory. It's very funny. I also like Two and a half men. Charlie Sheen is pretty funny.

I am really out of the loop. I didn't watch any of those shows and hardly knew what some of them were about.

Out of those 20 shows I watched 2 of them. I love Big Bang Theory. It's very funny. I also like Two and a half men. Charlie Sheen is pretty funny.

The Big Bang Theory is awesome, and very funny, I'm glad to see it's doing well! It'll fill the Frasier "smart comedy" void, I think, and is extra sweet if you have some Roseanne nostalgia.

The only show I watch on that top 20 list is NCIS. I used to watch CSI, but that story line has become old. Besides, very little of CSI is actually filmed in Vegas.

Number 4 was the only one I watched. I never watch any of the others.

Although it has been several years ago, I was extremely disappointed that Arrested Development was cancelled.

Although it has been several years ago, I was extremely disappointed that Arrested Development was cancelled.

Yep one of my all time favorites.

I dont watch any of those shows on that list. Who do they give these Neilson boxes to because I dont know one person who has one.

Criminal Minds, Big Bang Theory, Lost, and now Flash Forward are the only shows I really tey to go out of my way to watch

The Big Bang Theory is awesome, and very funny, I'm glad to see it's doing well! It'll fill the Frasier "smart comedy" void, I think, and is extra sweet if you have some Roseanne nostalgia.

Kelly Cucco is a hottie too. I liked her in 8 Simple Rules too.

I think the best line from this week was when Rosg (i'm sure I spelled that wrong) was talking about his family and then said "Or as you know him Dave from AT&T customer service". :laughing:

#15 is my current favorite....
I cant believe that Heroes did not crack the top 20
(definately a different show)

Bama

I can say I've seen House and 2 1/2 Men but not very often the others can't say I've tuned in. I have watched a few old shows lately such as I Love Lucy and Andy, Aunt Bea & Opie one thing I really picked up on is how short the commercial breaks were. The reality shows are something I've just had no urge to watch.

It has happened to me several times. It is kind of cyclical for me. I will go through a big stretch where nothing gets canceled, then a bunch will go at one time. My favorite show of all time 'Sports Night' got canceled after only 2 seasons. Still the best show ever.

It has happened to me several times. It is kind of cyclical for me. I will go through a big stretch where nothing gets canceled, then a bunch will go at one time. My favorite show of all time 'Sports Night' got canceled after only lasted 2 seasons. Still the best show ever.

Sports Night was great.

My favorite show of all time 'Sports Night' got canceled after only 2 seasons. Still the best show ever.

They canceled it so suddenly that none of the storylines were tied up.

I love that show! I can't believe that it hasn't been picked back up. Captain Mal is now on Castle (which is pretty good actually)

Flash Forward is great. And since I like it, it will probably get cancelled. Like The Journeyman.

Other than 2 and a half men or what ever is on nick at nite, I dont watch too much tv. Burn Notice is about the only real show I try to watch on purpose.

1000 channels and nothing is on. Story of my life.

Back